Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Frequently Asked Questions

Will there be no Roman civil war?

For a Roman player, the civil war is what makes the end game interesting. The unified Rome sollution cannot recreate the final days of the republic, and personally I am unable to enjoy a campaign without a civil war at the end. The Romans just end up as another "normal" faction with the unification, and at a certain point, the campaign becomes meaningless.

The struggle for power among their own leaders, was one of the major problems the Romans faced, near the end of the republic, and forever after. I just feel that RTR failed in this respect, because this major turn of events is ignored. It is true that the path there has been made overly simplified and not very true to history. But guess what, a Rome without any internal problems, is also false in the end.

For the Roman player, the end game is everything.

---
    ---
    Ars longa, vita brevis.

Artifex

A civil war is a possibility. I don't know if we can do everything we want to in this respect. It may be that choices must be made, which we do not want to make, but some of the features we want are mutually exclusive, so we'll see.
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. - Seneca

To Aymar de Bois Mauri who posted on May 5 2005, 07:25 AM
    Õou have right until a point.
    Ificratis created a new type of hoplite with lighter armour,smaller shield and bigger spear(3,6 m) in order to make him more faster and hit sooner the traditional hoplites.
    This hoplites were created in order to are more comfortable and more flexible in the batlle. Specialy in the battle with peltastes. But they kept the hoplite way of war.
    This new armour proved to be effective but nevertheless did it never manage to replace the traditional armour. The Greek warriors valued armour most likely higher than speed.

I don't mean to sound like a total nob, though I probaly will.
    But whats the difference between this and 6.0?
    From what I can tell, there do seem to be some differences in the provinces.
    EBs map seems bigger, but 6.0 seems to have a higher concentration of cities in certain areas.
    In 6.0 Syria has a bunch of cities for example.

Also, what will the difference be in installing this mod?
    Can we install it over 5.4 or do we just install it over 1.2 for instance?
    I ask because getting a clean install for 5.4 gave me agita.

In any event, both mods look fantastic.
    Great job all around.

Artifex

Originally posted by Sardaukar One@May 8 2005, 03:58 AM
    I assume you mean RTR 6.0 - EB and RTR are completely different mods.

Originally posted by Sardaukar One@May 8 2005, 09:58 AM
    I don't mean to sound like a total nob, though I probaly will.
    From what I can tell, there do seem to be some differences in the provinces.
    EBs map seems bigger, but 6.0 seems to have a higher concentration of cities in certain areas.
    In 6.0 Syria has a bunch of cities for example.

Also, what will the difference be in installing this mod?
    Can we install it over 5.4 or do we just install it over 1.2 for instance?
    I ask because getting a clean install for 5.4 gave me agita.

In any event, both mods look fantastic.
    Great job all around.
    Europa Barbarorum team hasn't ever had anything to do with the RTR team. Europa Barbarorum mod hasn't ever had anything to do with RTR. And finally, no you cannot install it over any version of RTR since they are two different mods made by completelly different people.

Will the mod focus on providing an historically accurate overview of RTW background or will you try to keep a balance of power between each faction?

I mean, will the mod be easier to play with some factions or will each faction have its own problem to deal with?

Originally posted by Nem@May 9 2005, 10:34 AM
    Will the mod focus on providing an historically accurate overview of RTW background or will you try to keep a balance of power between each faction?

I mean, will the mod be easier to play with some factions or will each faction have its own problem to deal with?
    It will be much harder to play as some factions as compared to others. But all of them will have their own challenges. The player's focus will be much different when they are the Seleukids or when they are Pontus or Carthatsorim or Baktria. We're trying to make the situation difficult but with some hope for a faction like Pontus, who historically has just a fort in the mountains at our start date (but we have to give them at least one province to start). But no faction will be impossibly difficult.

I got one. Will EB be having any sort of focus on multiplayer functionality?
    Quote Originally Posted by smoke
    Well smoking is just for a special blend of people. People who are outgoing, friendly, who enjoy having a good time and take life one step at a time. Smokers are the best people. They are adventurous, loyal, good looking and the most popular people in your class. When you see people having fun, there is bound to be a cigarette around!
    My name is AUC, and I used to be a fat kiddy console gamer.

Artifex

Yes! I'll go into that in more detail soon.

Spajjder's Avatar Senator

Will this mod work with the expansion?

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Spajjder
    Will this mod work with the expansion?
    If we determine that the mod will be enough enhanced by moving to BI to justify the work.

Artifex

Updated.

Just wondering, Short and simple. Could i able to change skins of EB? An example for clarification, i just want to change Greek Toxotai skin with another skin made by different person or myself...

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Little Legionaire
    Just wondering, Short and simple. Could i able to change skins of EB? An example for clarification, i just want to change Greek Toxotai skin with another skin made by different person or myself...
    Good question. Yes, you will be able to do this. However, since all of our models are custom, we're not using vanilla RTW's, you will have to change your skins to fit the new models. So it isn't quite as easy as swapping it out.

Artifex

Minor updates.

mongoose's Avatar Domesticus

What are the plans for brigands? Are there fewer "Pop up's" Or have they been left alone?

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

what will your legionaires look like?

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose
    What are the plans for brigands? Are there fewer "Pop up's" Or have they been left alone?
    Do you know of a way to make there be fewer popups? As far as I know, there isn't one.
    Quote Originally Posted by {nF}remix
    what will your legionaires look like?
    You can rest assured that our legionaries will not wear lorica segmentata, and in all ways will be as accurate to their period as our historians can make them, but as for the details, you'll have to wait for the Rome preview. Who knows when that will be . . . :wink:
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

mongoose's Avatar Domesticus

Do you know of a way to make there be fewer popups? As far as I know, there isn't one.

*Cries*

But couldn't you reduce the size to only afew weak units? Is that hard coded too?