Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iberia Total War Gold Edition Sound System: release

Default Iberia Total War Gold Edition Sound System: release

Ladies and Gentlement, the day is come.

Finally Clan Celtiberos is proud to present...

Iberia Total War Gold Edition Sound System

Download: for the moment we have these two options

Pando:
    (remember that it is necessary to have Pando installed to download; some problems with Vista users have been detected, hence we recommend to use the other link)

FileFront: http://files.filefront.com/ITW+GoldE.../fileinfo.html

I'm trying to have another link as soon as possible.

Installation.

This is not a mod, but it needs Iberia Total War Gold Edition to work. Moreover, it is necessary to install over ITWGE, it is not possible to make the installation in the reversal order.

The installer works in the same way as that of ITWGE:
    1- Selection of installer language
    2- Beginning and licence agreement
    3- Selection of the version of sounds to be installed (English or Spanish)
    4- Choice of installation directory. Unfortunately the installer has the same bug and it is necessary to delete by hand the "Rome - Total War" that it is automatically added at the end of the path.

Once installed, you must play ITWGE with the same shortcut you have before installation of sound system.

In the installation directory a uninstaller will be created, named uninstall_ITW_GoldEd_SoundSyst.exe (or something similar, I have not here the exact name). If you want to uninstall the sound system you must use this uninstaller.
    I you want to uninstall completely ITWGE (even if I cannot see the reason) you must uninstall first the sound system and then the whole mod with uninstall.exe, in the same directory.

Advices:

For the sound system to work it is necessary to put Miles 2D in the sound settings of RTW. Other systems simply do not work.

The installer is 740 MB size (more or less) and once installed is more than 1.1 GB size.
    Because of that the whole mod loads more slowly than the mod without sounds. Be patient, please.
    The advices about the volume adjustments can be found in this thread.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=81569
    Last edited by Monkwarrior; May 07, 2008 at 06:10 PM.

loet66's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Iberia Total War Gold Edition Sound System: release

Hi,

I have installed Pando on my system (works perfectly with vista) and I'm downloading this pack sound now !!

However, filefront is more fast than Pando.

Many thanks for this great work !!

loet66
    Last edited by loet66; April 30, 2008 at 10:12 PM. Reason: speed download

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

---- deleted --
    ________
    SquirtBOOM
    Last edited by AqD; September 20, 2011 at 06:46 AM.

Internazionale's Avatar Campidoctor

This is revolutional! I will definately download I:TW GE and this Sound System Addon pack!

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

I've been waiting for this sound system addition before trying ITWGE out (I want the whole experience right away). Downloading as I write these lines...

I'm presently busy playing a completely different game (a sports game), but as soon as I want to take a break from that, ITWGE will most likely be my first choice for something new. I'll get back to you with a comment about my experience when I do. But I'm confident that it will be one of the best RTW experiences ever.

Thanks a lot for all your effort and generosity to share it with the world!

Regards,
    D
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

I hate to say it, I know a lot of work went into the sound pack, but is there a way to uninstall it? It's definitely not my cup of tea. The sound fx you have playing during the AI turns are too distracting, and some of the new unit voices are distorted and the levels vary too much...
    Last edited by cherryfunk; May 17, 2008 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cherryfunk View Post
    I hate to say it, I know a lot of work went into the sound pack, but is there a way to uninstall it? It's definitely not my cup of tea. The sound fx you have playing during the AI turns are too distracting, and some of the new unit voices are distorted and the levels vary too much...
    Yes, you have a uninstaller called uninst_ITW_GoldEd_SoundsSyst.exe. Use it and the installation of ITW will use again the vanilla sounds.

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

Filefront link is gone and pando link doesn't work.
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

bummer-I was going to get this today!
    oh well

Filefront link is gone and pando link doesn't work.
    Ok, i see. Thx u. I avise to MonkWarrior.

Un saludo.

Nero2000's Avatar Miles

Muy bien no puedo espero!I have waited for some mod team to make something like this finally!

Chapunia's Avatar Libertus

I all... This mod is alive???????????
    BE A MAN AMONG MEN Only God Can Judge Me

Tiro

The download link doesnt work again.
    Legionaries vs Dismounted Knights Who will win?

Mr.Man's Avatar Civis

please someone load up the sound files. im dying to try out this awesome sound system!

Nero2000's Avatar Miles

Ok...I have waited almost a month and the links have not been fixed...AND IT SEEMS BARLEY ANYONE IS POSTING so I m just going to stop caring about this sound system and forget about it.I think everyone should.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Hi ITW-devs, I'm back with a small report from the sound system. It's a very mixed tale to my ears. The sound of an army on the march in strategy mode is awesome, the best I've heard in the TW series including mods, and the same goes for the battle clamour in battle mode. These things really add to the atmosphere of the game. But there are some odd elements that don't, too. For instance an English pop tune from the 60-ies or something in strategy mode, and someone appearing to read up a history lesson in the midst of all, this and at least one other voice obviously via a microphone. What's your plan with regard to changes in the sound system?
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    Hi ITW-devs, I'm back with a small report from the sound system. It's a very mixed tale to my ears. The sound of an army on the march in strategy mode is awesome, the best I've heard in the TW series including mods, and the same goes for the battle clamour in battle mode. These things really add to the atmosphere of the game. But there are some odd elements that don't, too. For instance an English pop tune from the 60-ies or something in strategy mode, and someone appearing to read up a history lesson in the midst of all, this and at least one other voice obviously via a microphone. What's your plan with regard to changes in the sound system?

Thank you for your opinions and your constructive criticism. We tried players live the most realistic athmosphere of the ancient wars in Iberian fields. We have been only a mod, and so our resources are limited. A problem is the author rights for ancient songs distribution. For instance, I have in my own version ancient roman songs (album Synaula, etc). People can change the songs in the archive ITW/Data/descr_sounds_music for every culture in campmap: state MUSIC_STRATMAP_SUMMER and can put their own songs. If player doesn“t like history lessons can erase these "songs".

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

Could you give an alternative download link please, because filefront.com doesn't work here
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

I am try up it. Patient.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast