Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2?? anyone else?

Default Shogun 2?? anyone else?

Does anyone else think it would be a real good idea if TW make a Shogun 2. you know like expanding the stories a bit, including China and Mongolia. More factions, update it a bit. i reckon it would be quite good

Default Re: Shogun 2?? anyone else?

Well a Shogun sequel has been among the the more popular requests the last year or two. I personally wouldn't mind seeing that happen, although of course I'd be nervous about CA's implementation of it.
    "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

I wish... But I'd hope it'd be more of a revamp then a whole sequel. Just upgrade the graphics, maybe improve the engine, change the controls, but nothing big. They could do it in less than a year if they wanted.
    I thought about writing something clever, but then I remembered I'm not clever enough.

I don't want another total war game that focuses mainly on Japan. It would be very nice to have a "Imperial China Total War". China would be a perfect choice for CA after Empire Total War is settled. China has 6000 years of recorded history, tons of bloody battles, hundreds of dynasties, and most of all, technological advancements over time which is one of the main things CA looks for when they research a new era. To be honest, I'm tired of European warfare for now.

fair enough, not mainly on japan, but you know how they did wit the mongol invasion?they could do a little on the three kingdoms of china. Shu Han, Wei, Wu, Dong Zhou all that stuff. so you got the main campaign, mongol campaign, and china campaign, kinda like RTW

I would settle for being able to play Shogun 1. ing Vista.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Quote Originally Posted by Cluny the Scourge View Post
    I would settle for being able to play Shogun 1. ing Vista.
    same here. But I really do want to see a rtw 2

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

Shogun would be cool to go back to if you threw in more campaigns, like the Gempei War, the Nambukucho Wars, the Korea Wars of Hideyoshi, the Shimibara rebellion, and the Meiji Restoration conflicts.

Those, plus the Sengoku Jidai (with naval battles fully implemented!) would be quite fun...

as would any era of disunion in Chinese history...
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'

finally someone else who's on my side, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Taizu View Post
    I don't want another total war game that focuses mainly on Japan. It would be very nice to have a "Imperial China Total War". China would be a perfect choice for CA after Empire Total War is settled. China has 6000 years of recorded history, tons of bloody battles, hundreds of dynasties, and most of all, technological advancements over time which is one of the main things CA looks for when they research a new era. To be honest, I'm tired of European warfare for now.

Alternatively, China could be an expansion for ETW?

In al honesty, I'm pretty sure there will be a sequel to Rome, as it's so popular.

Ka-Khan Total War

I would just Love to see Shogun 2 ! m(_ _)m

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

I would prefer to stay away from ancient Europe, unless you added a Greek wars campaign...
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'

A Shogun II: Total War would be great.
    If you can't wait there is a mod on RTW based on feodal Japan : Battles of Asia

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Yeah I would say check the mods too, really Shogun was great no question, but it's time to upgrade. But yes I'd love to see a Shogun 2, but it doesn't hurt to switch it up and do China instead.

Yes, I would love to see a Shogun 2, or perhaps a TW game focusing on ancient-medieval southern/eastern Asia.

M2TW was my first TW experience, then Shogun, then RTW. I tried out Shogun out of curiosity, to see where the whole TW series began, and I was pleasantly surprised... in fact, several aspects of battle in Shogun are done better than in any other TW, imho. I tried Rome because a lot of people were saying M2 was worse than Rome. After playing both (completing campaigns on hard difficulties), I really can't see how Rome is better than M2... Aside from the somewhat awkward cavalry pathing in battle, and the odd way they go about running down routing enemies (pathing nightmare in certain situations), M2 seems to be the better game. I was really expecting Rome to be a whole lot better than M2, but it isn't.

I love all the TW games, but Shogun has the most style,
    in campaign and in battle. The campaign maps was simplistic, but very strategically desirable, and battles depended quite heavily on terrain, weather conditions, and morale/fatigue (and had an option to turn off either, if you didn't like the way battles played because of them!). The only thing I found a bit tedious was dealing with fatigue as a part of battling, but there were ways to deal with it if you had the brains. The other thing I found odd was how the defender of a single bridge, given at least 4 archers, and a few melee units, could win 99% of the time. But, given that you can maneuver around your enemy on the strategic map and draw him away from a difficult map to assault, this could be easily dealt with.

And the music + movies were awesome too.

Slightly off topic for sec:

Do any of you with Shogun have the Old Mongol Invasion: Warlord Edition by chance?

Osceola's Avatar Protector Domesticus

*raises hand*
    Team Member <3

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    Slightly off topic for sec:

Do any of you with Shogun have the Old Mongol Invasion: Warlord Edition by chance?
    Yep. It stays installed on my hard drive at all times.
    "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Whatever Era they choose next, I really want to see more Governing Ability, More Sim City Style Working of Cities and Electoral Processes.

Total Wars Battle sequences with Civ 4's Management skills would make any era look grand.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast