Page 9 of 157 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: Extended Cultures Discussion

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Default Re: Extended Cultures (XC)

You can blend them as "Celto-Germanic Influence" if you like but I can made them seperate between celt and german influence with more complicate condition(mainly by settlement specific and facton related condition).
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

Ok, if you want to code the influence traits, I'll put them in the next version.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

I have changed your condition of Loves culture traits and I will describe how they different from Influence traits here.

Love are start by impression and then its growth out from that spot without need of stay close to it at all, while influence and its bond are came through time stay with that thing for a long time without the need of the high impression at all.

All of these are reflect in my triggering condition. Since I can't trigger condition from city past owner culture directly so I must trigger them from culture building instead.

Loves traits trigger by capture the city to gain first impression(except love slaves which have their own trigger for being too kind heart) and after that they will growth by self perpetuation or by their father's influence while future to come Influence traits will grow by stay in settlement with that kind of colony(especially if that colony is native) from time to time exposure.

I also change bonus for "Anger", "Secretive", "SmoothTalker" traits too.

Here is my changing module which now I fix description as ETFinal1.6.2 for XC2.4.3b.

Caesar: Please check the file and tell me how they are? Do you like it?
    Last edited by Suppanut; September 06, 2008 at 09:39 PM. Reason: updated file

Those look good. I've included them in the new release.

Here is some picture for racing field for Scythia but I'm not quite sure it good enough or not.

Attachment 18751

Attachment 18752

Those are nice pictures, but they don't fit the feel of XGM or RTW so well. I'm going to take a look at EB's UI pictures, and I'll ask permission if I like them.

I've uploaded Extended Cultures 2.5.beta on the first page. It has incorporated Ethnic Traits into the main data folder, and also has a new "double" AoR system. As a bonus it's about half as large as 2.4 versions.

Webba's Avatar Semisalis

Punic Mod .07 for XC 2.5 beta is now up. Some minor changes and a new unit added as an experiment.
    A mod of a mod of a mod - My Carthage AAR

It has come to my attention that XC 2.4.4 was bugged and would crash at the end of the first turn. I am sorry for this, but it has been fixed in 2.5 (which does work with 5.7)

I'm releasing a minor text update for 2.5 beta. So... here it is.

It's also on the first page.
    Last edited by CaesarVincens; July 12, 2009 at 04:37 PM.

Webba's Avatar Semisalis

Update of the Punic mod to include XC 2.5.1. Just minor changes and bug fixes and a small experiment with the ui.
    Last edited by Webba; September 24, 2008 at 08:33 AM.
    A mod of a mod of a mod - My Carthage AAR

Just though I'd let everyone know that XC 2.5 is fully compatible with the full release of XGM 5.8.0.

I'm sorry for rarely response as last month I must complete bureaucratic summery and now I busy with new traits for XC as there would be season effect for health like in EB for XC and PMP. Here is more traits description for XC.

Anyone could suggest about effect if you like to.

Ceaser: Edit them please.
    ¬--------------------

{One_Eyed} One Eyed

{One_Eyed_desc}
    Eventhough he lost one of his eye in battle, but this made him gain more respect from this tough and dreadful appearence.

{One_Eyed_effects_desc}
    +1 Command, -1 Influence, +1 experience for the generals bodyguards

{One_Eyed_epithet_desc} One Eyed

¬--------------------

{Blind} Blind

{Blind_desc}
    He is completely lost his sight by consequence of battle and made he could no longer lead army effectively. He had to looking for something else to do apart from battle.

{Blind_effects_desc}
    -4 Command, -2 Management, -1 Influence, -5 to personal security (increases the likelihood of falling victim to assassination)

{Blind_epithet_desc} the Blind

¬--------------------

{Born_Blind} Blind From Birth

{Born_Blind_desc}
    He is completely blinded since his birth which impaired many task as leader... but many said that blindness may also given some skills in exchange.

{Born_Blind_effects_desc}
    -6 Command, -2 Management, -2 Influence, -5 to personal security (increases the likelihood of falling victim to assassination)

{Born_Blind_epithet_desc} the Blind

¬--------------------

{Hard_Of_Hearing} Hard Of Hearing

{Hard_Of_Hearing_desc}
    This man gradually loss his hearing both by aging and the heat of battle. This impaired his working capability a bit.

{Hard_Of_Hearing_effects_desc}
    -1 Management, -1 to personal security (increases the likelihood of falling victim to assassination)

¬--------------------

{Completely_Deaf} Completely_Deaf

{Completely_Deaf_desc}
    One good thing for living in silence world is that no need to perseive how chaotic of the noisy world outside.

{Completely_Deaf_effects_desc}
    -3 Management, -2 Influnce, -2 to personal security (increases the likelihood of falling victim to assassination)

{Completely_Deaf_epithet_desc} the Deaf

¬--------------------

{Born_Deaf} Deaf Form Birth

{Born_Deaf_desc}
    Living in silence world are such a loneliness isn't it?

{Born_Deaf_effects_desc}
    -4 Management, -3 Influnce, -5 to personal security (increases the likelihood of falling victim to assassination)

{Born_Deaf_epithet_desc} the Deaf

¬--------------------

{BarrenWife} Barren Wife

{BarrenWife_desc}
    Something about this man's wife's fertility is well protected to preserved honour and reputation of both great families.

{BarrenWife_effects_desc}
    +1 Influence, Decreases the chance of having children
    Last edited by Suppanut; October 07, 2008 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppanut View Post
    I'm sorry for rarely response as last month I must complete bureaucratic summery and now I busy with new traits for XC as there would be season effect for health like in EB for XC and PMP. Here is more traits description for XC.
    Don't worry about it; when you get to them, you get to them.

¬--------------------

{One_Eyed} One Eyed

{One_Eyed_desc}
    Even though this man has lost one of his eyes in battle, he has gained more respect from his tough and dreadful appearance.

{One_Eyed_effects_desc}
    +1 Command, -1 Influence, +1 to the valour of your general's bodyguards

{One_Eyed_epithet_desc}, One Eye

¬--------------------

{Blind} Blind

{Blind_desc}
    This man has completely lost his sight by consequence of battle and can no longer lead the army effectively. He has to look for something to do apart from battle.

{Blind_effects_desc}
    -4 Command, -2 Management, -1 Influence, -5 to personal security (increases the likelihood of falling victim to assassination)

{Blind_epithet_desc}, the Blind

¬--------------------

{Born_Blind} Blind From Birth

{Born_Blind_desc}
    This man was blind since birth which impairs many tasks as a leader, but many say that blindness may also give some skills in exchange.

{Born_Blind_effects_desc}
    -6 Command, -2 Management, -2 Influence, -5 to personal security (increases the likelihood of falling victim to assassination)

{Born_Blind_epithet_desc}, the Blind

¬--------------------

{Hard_Of_Hearing} Hard Of Hearing

{Hard_Of_Hearing_desc}
    This man gradually lost his hearing either by aging or the heat of battle. This impairs his working capability a bit.

{Hard_Of_Hearing_effects_desc}
    -1 Management, -1 to personal security (increases the likelihood of falling victim to assassination)

¬--------------------

{Completely_Deaf} Completely_Deaf

{Completely_Deaf_desc}
    One good thing about living in a silent world is that there is no need to perceive how chaotic the noisy world outside is.

{Completely_Deaf_effects_desc}
    -3 Management, -2 Influence, -2 to personal security (increases the likelihood of falling victim to assassination)

{Completely_Deaf_epithet_desc}, the Deaf

¬--------------------

{Born_Deaf} Deaf Form Birth

{Born_Deaf_desc}
    Living in a silent world is such a loneliness, isn't it?

{Born_Deaf_effects_desc}
    -4 Management, -3 Influence, -5 to personal security (increases the likelihood of falling victim to assassination)

{Born_Deaf_epithet_desc}, the Deaf

¬--------------------

{BarrenWife} Barren Wife

{BarrenWife_desc}
    Something about this man's wife's fertility is well protected to preserve the honour and reputation of both great families.

{BarrenWife_effects_desc}
    +1 Influence, Decreases the chance of having children
    I was wondering, why does Barren Wife give Influence?

On "Barren Wife", in ancient time, when wife have been discover to be infertile often instantly divorced. Only reason to keep such a wife as principle wife is wife's family connections/interests are too important for husband family to discard. As divorced are rarely happen in RTW so add influence bonus for them is reasonable to explain what really happen.

Sorry Caesar, I just add a bit more.

¬--------------------

{KindWife} Kind Wife

{KindWife_desc}
    His wife is kind to everyone from slaves in his house to strangers elsewhere. Many of his political enemies don't dare to oppose him as most of peoples support him through his wife's motherly compassion.

{KindWife_effects_desc}
    +1 Influence, -2 from unrest (improves public order), 5% penalty on tax income
    Last edited by Suppanut; October 07, 2008 at 11:45 AM.

Interesting traits Suppanut. What about giving the blind traits a movement point penalty? I think that would be approptiate as its harder for blind people to move around.

Suppanut - can you think of any traits or ancilliaries that would affect loyalty for the Greeks and Romans?

Quote Originally Posted by Suppanut View Post
    Sorry Caesar, I just add a bit more.

¬--------------------

{KindWife} Kind Wife

{KindWife_desc}
    This man's wife is kind to everyone, from slaves in his house, to strangers elsewhere. Many of his political enemies don't dare to oppose him as most people support him through his wife's motherly compassion.

{KindWife_effects_desc}
    +1 Influence, -2 from unrest (improves public order), 5% penalty on tax income
    No, problem. Thanks again for doing these; I'd never get half of these ideas, and half the rest would be very dull.

And for everyone else, there is a new version up.
    Last edited by CaesarVincens; October 07, 2008 at 07:35 PM.

LucretiusTC's Avatar Biarchus

How about adding some traits or ancillaries that affect to the unit training costs? I think that is a valuable bonus to any Governor. Maybe something like 5%/10%/15% discount on unit training costs, or in some cases the similar kind of increase in the case of somehow bad Governor.

Besides I have been wondering how much those various traits and ancilllaries as a whole affect to the general gameplay and the balance in the game. Will there be some kind of super-Generals and Governors, or will there will be kind of guys that need to be sent to into the exile to the small island or to the suicide mission as a cavalry commander....

And Suppanut, I just wonder where do you get all those ideas...

Luc.