Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: P.I. Beta Bug thread

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: P.I. Beta Bug thread

Thank you hellas1, new bugs added to the "things to fix" list.
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

Thanks for a beautiful mod! I had zero problems getting it loaded and it has worked from the first.

1. I note the same problem others have reported on ctd's which are apparently associated with battles. Playing as Rome, battling 4 factions presently, I experience crashes after every2-3 battles.

Considering that the multiple opponents having their own unit types, this does not appear to be the common factor. Using the starting units from Capua as one force, and having put together another two from the usual hastati/principe/triarii mix, the only common factor I can see is that each of the three armies has a general and either a archer, and/or slinger unit, and that one includes Etrusci hoplites and another a spear unit raised in Anagni. Crashes have occured after the use of all 3 armies.

2. Upon the death of my faction leader, his heir was promoted. Strangely, he had gained the trait 'Disinherited'.

3. When you click on a unit/army you see the highlighted area which is the greatest possible distance that can be moved. However, after moving the maximum distance, there is, again, a highlighted area and you can move again.
    Last edited by shai; November 09, 2008 at 02:57 AM.

Thanx for the report.

# 1. should be fixed in next version since Luciano fixed the model bugs.

# 2. Traits haven't been touched much so this can happen - we will hopefully find someone who makes traits and ancillaries for us.

# 3. is vanilla game problem that we most probably can't fix.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

I'll take a look into # 2 and 3 asap.
    2 shouldn't be a problem to fix, i think both things i can solve quick. Hister, if you have more updated concerning files, please send me these (characters.txt, traits files).

As for # 1, i never experienced a single ctd in my test games.
    Last edited by DaVinci; November 09, 2008 at 01:24 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

DaVinci, I haven't made any changes in those files - 0.85 is te alst version of files I changed!

Patrician Artifex

Hister, here the 2 files with fixes.
    Not publicly to use (please wait until there is a new patch published, because the traits file got earlier also other changes by me, not compatible with the published PI version).

- Fixed the disinherited trait
    - changed the movement on strat map (now only named characters led armies have the ability to use quickmarch, reduced the landunits-range by 100 points, 300 to 200, as i guess it is enough, but needs testing and decission if it shall be applied). The extra-range after reaching the apparently possible range is a certain other thing, i'm afraid, and could be fixed eventually if we would remove the quickmarch and quicksail ability ... what i wouldn't recommend).
    Last edited by DaVinci; November 09, 2008 at 03:50 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Thanx DV, erm - these 2 file are not compatible with internal 0.85? Don't exactly understand you...

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Hister View Post
    Thanx DV, erm - these 2 file are not compatible with internal 0.85? Don't exactly understand you...
    What, this is a question, right? ... no, it should be compatible with the internal build.
    My comment was directed to the public user only.
    Not publicly to use (please wait until there is a new patch published, because the traits file got earlier also other changes by me, not compatible with the published PI version).
    Last edited by DaVinci; November 09, 2008 at 11:05 PM.

Ah yes, sorry - got confused...

Patrician Artifex

Doesn't matter, perhaps take a few more olives

He he olives, that's a good one

1. The General units composed of chariots do not seem to be observing the usual combat reductions when they are routing. My pursuit units have been repeatedly shredded while attacking them as they fled.

2. In bringing units up to strength by dragging a like unit over the depleted unit, I often see that one, and many times both of them, is increased by a chevron.

2. In bringing units up to strength by dragging a like unit over the depleted unit, I often see that one, and many times both of them, is increased by a chevron.

that happens occasionally in all RTW games

Quote Originally Posted by Woestelingh View Post

that happens occasionally in all RTW games
    Yes, mostly true. Except, I don't ever recall it happening in STW. I'm not sure that either 'bug' I last reported can be corrected. Could be WAD.

#1. is strange indeed! I can confirm it happening. I don't have a clue why this bug happens.

Patrician Artifex

Probably a combination of their area damage and animation. While i don't find this disturbing, because if a human player thinks he has to annihilate fleeing chariot units, then he must simply count with a few losses ... seems pretty realistic to me.

No DV, they slaughter all of your cavalrey units that come in their way!!! ???

DaVinci- 50% or greater losses in a matter of seconds seems to be unreasonable to me. This is not a head-to-head battle. The chariots are in full rout, yet, it's like sending my cav into a meat grinder. Nor are they obstructing the unit's flight. They are catching up from behind and still get slaughtered. I strongly advise against using your General and his bodyguard in their pursuit because, the two times I've done so, my General was among my casualties.

Patrician Artifex

Just check out if this gets a change if you alternate (decrease or remove) the special weapon attributes of the chariots, is my recommendation for now, but they will of course suffer from such a change also in the normal battle mode, while i anyway think that the animation and radius codes have a quite big impact.
    Last edited by DaVinci; November 18, 2008 at 03:30 AM.

Tancredii's Avatar Tiro

Do we have to have chariots at all?

Nice models and shame to lose them but I find them a pain in the.....

Can't you have general models in a chariot but attached to other units - sorry am showing my absolute lack of knowledge - but if I had a choice I'd just remove the bloody things.

What are the references to them being there and actually having an impact on the battlefield?
    The British were completely beaten and the day was mine, but they did not know it and would not run.

Marshall Soult to Napolean - having been robbed of his victory at Albuera (May 1811)