Ok this is more of a suggestion but, Spartans are recruitable in Tarrantino and it takes 2 turns in the barracks. What i propose is adding a new building at the city level called foreign ambassador it would have 3 levels and each level would reduce the delay of getting the Spartans. So at 3rd city hall building you can build ambassador post, it would allow you to call for aid from sparta in the way of now being able to receive said troops in 5 turns. At 4th city hall upgrade you could build ambasador villa, reducing the time to 3 turns. And finally at 5th city hall upgrade you can build Bouleuterion or town council chambers/court house, reducing the time to 2 turns. The turn delay acts like prestige, bigger cities don't have to wait as long for help.

That would call for scripting, but if the teams interested, it would kinda be cool to see. I don't think it would be very hard to do, but it would have to be limited to factions like Syracuse and the Italiotae.
Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
Level 1 allows you to recruit a unit that takes 5 turns to complete. Once the unit is spawned on the campaign map, a stack of units is spawned at a pre-determined position, under the player's control. Level 2 replaces the 5-turn unit with a 3-turn unit, and so on. The main problem I see with this is abuse...