Thread: [Question]About Generals' Loyalty

Default [Question]About Generals' Loyalty

I find that as my faction has more money in my exchequer, it is easier for my generals to be come traitor. Is it true?

If it is true, how could I deal with it? If spending more money does?

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default Re: [Question]About Generals' Loyalty

About Loyalty in SPQR 6.4
    ----------------------------------------------

In this Update, SPQR will now have loyalty. Loyalty is affected by several factors.

1. A General is TOO successful on a Battlefield, Watch how many Victories your General Gets, There is no set number for loyalty loss, but it gives you a
    Good Idea if you have been using him TOO much. lol
    2. A General is Away from the Cities of Rome too Long. Sometimes this cannot be avoided, but LONG campaigns can effect them a little.
    3. A General is getting too Much Political Support. This isnt too much of a Worry since the Senate doesnt choose your faction for Offices, but it still happens.

If you are the type of player that uses one General to do battle, I should warn you to watch his loyalty as him may not be as loyal as his was before.
    Also if you find a General is getting low on Loyalty you can retire him to Governorship, there is a chance he can regain Loyalty once he tastes the good life again.
    It is Possible for Characters/Generals to Gain upto 5 Loyalty Rings by being a Governor, of course remote rich Provinces could cause a Governor to rebel Outright. lol
    Learn to Manage your Generals and Family Members, remember just because they have 0 Loyalty doesnt mean they wouldnt make a good governor!
    Generals and Family Members aquire Governor Traits the longer they spend in the position, so just because a Young General isnt a good governor yet,
    Give him time and you will see how much better he becomes at the job!

12. Keeping more than 100K in the bank will cause Governors to become unreliable, increasing to 250K, 500k, and 1M, Increase bad traits and possible revolts.
    Last edited by Hesus de bodemloze; November 18, 2008 at 02:40 PM.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Another question is
    If a general is not as loyal as he was before, is it possible to prevent his traits work properly?

No you can let him REST in a City and sometimes they can GAIN loyalty but it takes a while. Also on Money Dont keep more than 250k and you should be fine.
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

is it possible if I let my genral and his legion rest near the city in his fort because most of them have corrupt trait