Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Installation Instructions, Technical Issues and Support

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Default Re: Installation Instructions, Issues and Support

That's great - glad you like it. I cannot remember your problem, and cannot see any report in this thread from you (which is where installation issues should be reported). Please do post if your solution is something others may find useful.

Enjoy DoB!
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

it was the thread entitled DoB campaign ctd, after every concievable attempt to resolve the problem it turned out the problem lay with the vista virtual store, which meant nomatter how many times i uninstalled or deleted the game to reinstall it, there was always a tiny amount of information left meaning the problem remained. so instead i googled how to find the virtual store after help from histgamer and deleting the rome total war folder seemed to solve the problem. hope that helps

btw any ideas or intents to create further stuff for this mod?

ah, ok. Vista is evil

The Viking Age has come to a close I'm afraid - we think we fulfilled the objective to bring MTW:VI to the newer engine

Default Re: Installation Instructions, Technical Issues and Support

Thank you for the most awesome mod in history! I've never had so much fun, playing as Norway is a bit tricky on hard, but the campaign has just been one loooooong raid. So much fun!
    I got one question though, the loading screen is a bit messed up. Half the screen goes black when the loading bar appears. I'm running vista and geoforce 9800gx2.
    lol

Thx for the kind words.

Never had this issue with loading screens myself, it doesn't happen on vanilla BI or with other mods that play on the same settings?

I forgot to mention that this is the STEAM version. Dont know if thats relevant. In Vanilla the loading screen was just filled with holes, not 50% black as it is with VI2. Its not that much of an issue as the rest of the game runs fine. Its just that I really enjoy reading the quotes when a battle loads as it often inspire me to do better when facing impossible odds

Perhaps I shall just try to adjust my desktop resolution. Currently running 1600x1650.
    lol

Wow, that's huge. Try the default 1024 X 768.

And thanks indeed for the praise Glad to know VI2 is liked!

Congratulations on a mod well done that was tonnes of fun. I just wanted to report an issue where
    the mercenary rabble's cloaks turn purple when I zoom op from the battlefield.

Hey were do you get this mod i would like to play it

Links are cleverly hidden in the pinned Mod Information & Download thread.

Thanks i will try now

I've been having an issue with the mod. My game's patched up to 1.6, but I kept getting the "please select an item from the list" message every time I clicked "Imperial Campaign". I eventually realized that the VI2/data/world folder was missing. This was the RAR version and the exe wouldn't work.
    A blood-thirsty norse bastard, an opportunistic french-speaking norse bastard, or the King? I think by the laws of fealty there is only one option available.. - sirfiggin

Can you please elaborate on "the exe wouldn't work"?

Also:

1. There should definitely be a 'world' folder in the VI2.rar file, I am going to re-downlaoded and check, but I'm pretty positive.
    2. VI2 works on BI, which means there is no "Imperial Campaign" option, the campaign option in VI2 is named "Main Campaign" on the menu.

Are you sure the file was properly downloaded and the mod properly installed?
    Last edited by Aradan; November 01, 2009 at 07:07 AM.

By exe I mean the exe download version. It stopped DLing right after it started, and so it doesn't download the whole file. And I did use BI, just used to playing mods that say imperial campaign. But I looked in the data folder, and "World" wasn't there, so that neither the campaign nor custom battles work.
    A blood-thirsty norse bastard, an opportunistic french-speaking norse bastard, or the King? I think by the laws of fealty there is only one option available.. - sirfiggin

I downloaded both versions today and I can confirm they both download, install and work as they should, so I guess there was somehting faulty with your download. Please try again. The .exe version should be 159 MB and the .rar one 200 MB.

Guys your mod is great, it have a "mood" of it's own, awesome music and everything, but there is a little thing that's driving me crazy: after playing the northumbrians on H/H without no problem (realistic difficulty level), now I'm trying the danes, and I'm suddenly getting my above 1300 regular/elite man beaten by 700 west saxon... slingers! Slingers, for crying out loud!!! In behalf of the thousands dead, I demand an explanation

CTD during battle in DOB 1.2:

I got a CTD during sally battle between my Northumbrians and the Albans. During the battle, I strangely got a "trait change" notification informing me that my general had questionable courage. I had just opened the notifier when the battle CTDed. Are trait change notifications supposed to occur during battles? I've never seen one before and it coincided with the first battle CTD that I had ever experienced with this mod.

Nope, not supposed to be doing that; at least I've never seen it before. Does it happen if you play the battle again?

Re slingers: This is regarding auto-resolve or real-time battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Re slingers: This is regarding auto-resolve or real-time battle?
    real time battle. I post the final result of one of those battles so that you can see not only the result, but the units I was using as well. Those two saxon armys were mainly slingers, with one or two spears and cavalry units. I've been playing this mod for several hours, and it's great, really, but some things are not well balanced, and I noted mainly three: first, you can play "Duke" level battles with anglo saxon factions, with norse factions "sea-prowed" seems impossible (haven't tried celtic factions yet). Second, as in Norman invasion, when playing campaigns on "sea-prowed" level, it seems impossible to kept new settlements unless you use the cheat to build everything immediatly; it doesn't matter how many times you exterminate those populations, they always end expeling you. Third, cavalry units are too destructive, and there seems to be no bonus defence from spears against cavalry.

Difficulty: The mod was tested on M/M and that is the recommended difficulty, or maybe H/H. It is to be expected that when you play on VH/VH things will get difficult and on occasion impossible, due to hardcoded bonuses to the AI and penalties to the player. Apart from that, some factions are easier than others and of course each culture/faction favours its own style of playing. The issue with high unrest for the Vikings has been brought up before, and there have been explanations/suggestions about it. If you use family members/agents, the Viking Terror trait and local lordships in coordination, you can subdue regions quite more easily.

Slingers: Against missile units shielded units do very well, because shield value is doubled against projectiles. There have been players complaining that missiles are too weak and others that they are too strong. Obviously we cannot cater to everyone, as it is a matter of personal preference and also depends on how someone plays the game.

Spear bonuses: I assure you they are there, and some spearmen units even get extra ones, aside from the hardcoded +8. As for cavalry, there have also been complaint that it is actually not that good, so again it's a matter of personal preference I think. We apparently can't make everyone happy.