and SettlementBuildingExists = temple_of_horse_shrine
              and CultureType hun
              and Trait king_crowned = 1

Affects king_crowned  1  Chance  100

;------------------------------------------
    Are the above conditions met?

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Installation Instructions, Technical Issues and Support

Ah the movement points, there lies the problem. I kept moving him in and out of the settlement for a turn or two. Thank you.

Hi guys.Aradan i want to give it a try to the Viking Invasion 2 mod and the Sub mod VI 2ominion of Britania.It looks great like the Norman Invasion that u know i play this days.I want to ask if i will have problems runing the VI2 and the VI2DoB 1.2 because i have the NI and i think i will have to run both from the same Barbarian Invasion exe.!??And i want to ask u again like NI if u can upload the exe versions and the Rar versions of both VI2:1.7 and VI 2 DoB 1.2 sub mod in "Filefrond" or "Fileshack" or wherever u prefer exept "MegaUploads" because for some crazy reason i can't download anything from "MegaUploads".And i ask for the Rar versions to because in NI the Rar version worked.And again it will be much appreciated.

Both NI and VI2 are modfoldered, so they can be installed on the same installation of the game. I'll upload VI2 and DoB to Filefront... Might take a while.

EDIT: Files up, check download thread.
    Last edited by Aradan; August 16, 2010 at 06:52 PM.

Aradan again thanks for the uploads in "Filefrond".I download the Rar version of VI2 because both the exe versions of VI2 and DOB it gave me an unknown type file and i can't do much with it.Can u upload the Rar version of DOB 1.2 in "Filefrond" to so i can use the DOB to.?And i wonder about the BI exe that i have to change again like i did for the NI for the VI2 now how i am going to run the same exe for NI and VI2 because for the VI2 i will use the Rar varsion again.??

Hi I am having problems running the mod. It works fine till i get to the custom battle as soon as the men come into combad it crashes too desktop and just says barbarian invasion has stopped working. I tried finding the virtual store file which is mentioned in the beggining of this thread but cant find it. I have vista and game is patched ok.

Have you installed properly? Perhaps it's a corrupted download, because we would certainly have noticed it if the mod crashed like that! Also, just to be sure, make sure your BI is patched to 1.6 please.

Der Kratz's Avatar Laetus

Aradan: Thank you for the extensive instructions and youtube tutorial for downloading RTWBI: VI2. Sure am looking forward to it! I have followed instructions and patched my old BI 1.4 to 1.6, and now moving on to the next step, when clicking on any of the VI 1.7 mod links, EXE or RAR, my browser opens a new tab, and my ISP gives the following message:

Sorry, we can't find "www.thefourthage.org". We suggest that you check the spelling of the web address or search above.

I thought it might be my browser, Google Chrome, so I logged back in with Explorer, and the same thing happens, I am a total newbie, just registered with TWC tonight. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Der Kratz; September 15, 2010 at 12:23 AM.

Please try the links in this post.

Der Kratz's Avatar Laetus

Thanks Aradan - U da MAN!!

Hi guys how do i get viking invasion 2 to work with steam?

You create a shortcut for your BI, and then in the Advanced Options you add " -mod:bi/VI2 -show_err -nm".

Hi Aradan
    After loving Norman Invasion had a go with this. VI2 loaded and playing fine. Then downloaded and installed DoB. Seems fine until I select a faction and try to launch a campaign, which triggers immediate CTD. Any thoughts?

None, I'm afraid, other than a faulty installation. Perhaps the download didn't finish correctly and some files were corrupted? I'm sure the campaign does load when the game is downloaded/installed properly.

Cheers for the quick response Aradan. I'll try an unistall/reinstall. what is the cleanest uninstall method? Vista by the way

Deleting the VI2 folder should do the trick.

As long as you have UAC turned off, being on Vista shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Laird of Ravescroft View Post
    Hi Aradan
    After loving Norman Invasion had a go with this. VI2 loaded and playing fine. Then downloaded and installed DoB. Seems fine until I select a faction and try to launch a campaign, which triggers immediate CTD. Any thoughts?
    I'd be keen to know how you get on, because I have had exactly the same issue. Megaupload VI 2 Exe - downloads and plays fine. Norman Invasion - Megaupload Exe - downloads and plays fine. DOB Megaupload EXe - downloads fine - seems to install fine - opens up fine - select a faction and CTD...

I just downloaded DoB.exe from Megaupload and applied it on a new installation of VI2, and it worked without any problems, so it's not the file that has a problem (assuming it's downloaded without getting corrupted).

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    I just downloaded DoB.exe from Megaupload and applied it on a new installation of VI2, and it worked without any problems, so it's not the file that has a problem (assuming it's downloaded without getting corrupted).
    Thanks Aradan - I'll have another go, but i've done the same thing twice before with the same result, however if you've had no problem today it's obviously something very specific that a couple of us are doing....

I was on the point of falling on my seax after the second failure, so moved on to try and download NI with a sense of foreboding, but that sailed through

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Nadgers - strike 3 - exactly the same result as the previous 2 times (Windows 7 - but NI and VI 1.7 work fine from the megaupload .exe downloads)