Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are we back to clone soldiers

Default Re: Are we back to clone soldiers

They look more like clones but there is still some variation in the 2nd pic, ones with the button'd shirt and then the un-button'd with the green shirt and some of the orange shirts seem darker/lighter than others. However, in the 1st pic they all look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
    You know, just for the sake of non-argument, you're right and they do look a little more like clones, but I don't think anyone but you cares overly much.
    exactly that

Praepositus

Do u know the word Hypocrite it is a greek word.
    It can be used for the guys saying : I dont care it never this counted for me ( I would say the same) But i am quite sure that after 2 months of gaming when u get bored of the same clones
    u would download like mad the first mode that give a more realism in representation

Knighty's Avatar Laetus

No, I can absolutely say I would never bother downloading a mod that made slight alterations to the facial features and uniforms of units.

I would, however, download a mod that focused more on realism at every level, and minor graphical alterations were a bonus that came a long.

What exactly is it you're looking for per individual unit? Skinny, fat, short and tall ones or something?

Praepositus

Realism(after all this epic commercial and all this marketing tricks)

Quote Originally Posted by jo the greek View Post
    Realism(after all this epic commercial and all this marketing tricks)
    can i ask you WHY did you buy this game in the first place ?
    gameplay or looks ?

Praepositus

For gameplay but i want expecting clones even worse than mtw2 (it was far better in that field)

Do u know the word Hypocrite it is a greek word.
    It can be used for the guys saying : I dont care it never this counted for me ( I would say the same) But i am quite sure that after 2 months of gaming when u get bored of the same clones
    u would download like mad the first mode that give a more realism in representation
    Oh, dear! Du calme! No need to shout, we're all right here. I am ambivalent on the clone issue in these pictures. Jo has a point in that these early levy type troops would probably have more variety of clothing than is represented. Then again, it isn't beyond the realms of the impossible that the ruler might want to go for standardisation. And the screenies just look great!

So, for me, 2 - 1, slight win for the "you might be somewhat right Jo, but on balance I don't mind" camp. As you say the modderswill get their teeth straight into all kinds of things. Using their output is not hypocrisy, it is keeping on-line communities such as this one alive.

Capitalism(e) is a French word and it means having the option to vote with your Euros. If you don't like something don't buy it.

Free speech implies debate not shouting people down - difference.

For gameplay but i want expecting clones even worse than mtw2 (it was far better in that field)
    well, then my advice would be to return the game to where you bought it cause honestly, no matter if you go nuts and do handstands i dont think this is a thing that will be changed.
    oh and btw, there was a Demo ...

Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
    well, then my advice would be to return the game to where you bought it cause honestly, no matter if you go nuts and do handstands i dont think this is a thing that will be changed.
    oh and btw, there was a Demo ...
    With this kind of logics international companies would make a lot of money just serving u trash

So in your way i can not do a critic that would made the game better

your way is u bought it shut up now

El Sid's Avatar Libertus

As others have said, the only time the lack of variety matters is when you are not really playing but rather pixel peeping at the eye candy.

I mean, sure, I'd like to see more individuality in the ranks. Some ugly sods and some scared looking young-uns maybe. Torn or faded uniforms on some and maybe bandages on other guys.

Meh.

I'd also like to see some guy being sick, picking his nose perhaps, or maybe hear the occasional nervous fart as I idly zoom by...

Mmm, farting in the ranks, now there's a modding challenge.....

But when I press the deployment done button I never notice such detail, as I try not to make a mess of things in the battle.
    Last edited by El Sid; March 04, 2009 at 03:59 AM.
    "By God, sir, I've lost my leg!" Field Marshal Henry Paget at Waterloo.
    "By God, sir, so you have!" Duke of Wellington.

i think jo is right and they should have taken another 6 months maybe to create more individual looking units....................yeah right. thats what modding is all about, tailoring the game to your personal requirments. They will never be able to produce units to please everybody, the varied units have been an issue since Shogun TW, just let it be, enjoy the game, or are you gonna whinge about the technology research, or the naval battles maybe.
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

Semisalis

With this kind of logics international companies would make a lot of money just serving u trash

So in your way i can not do a critic that would made the game better

your way is u bought it shut up now
    I like how you argue that you have freedom of speech, but then proceed to tell someone who doesn't agree with you to shut up.

Regarding the clone issue..... they LOOK very similar, but there are VERY subtle differences between models. If you don't believe me, look at your first picture. The guy on the left of the second row has a white stripe at the bottom of his shirt. the guy in front of him has a grey stripe. Hence, not everyone is wearing the same thing.

And quite frankly, I wouldn't really care. Its pretty realistic to have troops wearing the same uniform during this period.
    Member of S.I.N.

Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by tomdidiot View Post
    I like how you argue that you have freedom of speech, but then proceed to tell someone who doesn't agree with you to shut up.

Regarding the clone issue..... they LOOK very similar, but there are VERY subtle differences between models. If you don't believe me, look at your first picture. The guy on the left of the second row has a white stripe at the bottom of his shirt. the guy in front of him has a grey stripe. Hence, not everyone is wearing the same thing.

And quite frankly, I wouldn't really care. Its pretty realistic to have troops wearing the same uniform during this period.
    i think u didn't understand what i wrote(maybe is my fault)

jnecros's Avatar Miles

I can see the overall point to this complaint, clone thing botheres me a very small bit. Sure many professional armies of this time, as they do today, have uniforms. Native Americans, peasants ect did not. Just a matter of immersion, attention to detail what have you, for me it is not a game stopper, but I would love to see a mod in the future that could add some more diversity. Overall, the game pluses are so overwhelming that relatively small matters like this can be forgiven, at least by me..we are looking at a masterpiece here. Probably the Game of the Year, who knows though.
    Last edited by jnecros; March 04, 2009 at 04:24 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12