Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Mount & Blade:

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Default Re: Mount & Blade:

I keep trying to download TLD but it never finishes
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

holy crap this game is fun, at first i thought it looked like some lame mod, but seriously its very addicting once you get in game. i blew threw the trial and had to have more and just bought an account. im having a blast raiding through the country side with my army taking on bandits and trying to keep away from those black knights. just wish i knew if there was some sort of online play.

as the guys said above, this feels like MTW, i mean you have to be very strategic, and knowing when to attack and run. once i got ambushed by 6 archers, and had to hide behind a tree while they circled in. if one strayed close enough id dash out and hack him up and retreat again, other times i rush headlone into soldiers only for them to pull me off my horse. hopefully i can grab a wandering steed from a fallen enemy.

its pretty much mtw from the first person perspective.
    Last edited by Gelgoog; July 11, 2007 at 03:18 AM.

Gavmundo's Avatar Senator
    Morecambe, UK ... in the realms of the North!

I played this in it's early stages of development and it was very well done. I downloadedit again recently but get an error regarding shader when I try to play it so I must have some option ticked that I shouldn't. Pity you only get the error AFTER you create a character. I have to go through the creation process all over again lol
    Member of S.I.N

Xfire: Ulfang
    Steam: Gavmundo
    Xbox 360: Gavmundo
    PS3: Gavmundo

I am not sure if that is the cause of your error, but I remember I had to DL some new DirectX driver for the new version to work. It was some kind of specially updated driver which isn't required for most things, so unless you go and specifically DL for your system, you probably wont have it. Anyways, I'm sure the link is somewhere on their site/forum, just take a look around. Otherwise, maybe you have to turn down the options.
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

ordering other parties of soldiers around can seriously frak up your game, don't do it.

I've had 3 games all crashing multiple times and I finally understood the correlation between the error message and the party ordering

(talking TLD here)

Shame really, anywho must be getting close to the new release soon. 2 weeks on the outside, then all the modding begins anew with siege engines and whatnot.

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

I finally got TLD downloaded. Damned that is one fun mod!
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    I finally got TLD downloaded. Damned that is one fun mod!
    i just started playing this mod an hour ago, and im confused, where do i go to train? since you can start out in a ton of places im kind of lost.

Hattori's Avatar Citizen

there is no training place as far as I know in TLD, you gotta start fighting as soon as it starts, at least thats how I did.

Under Patronage of MARCVS

The Brigand Fort has a trainer in it he's to the left of Balan towards the corner when you first enter.

Jiraiya's Avatar Libertus

Yes you can train up in the Brigand Fort , plus you can partake in the Gauntlet which really toughens you up.

well ive been playing it all day and must say its an excellent mod, except now that im at war with mordor i cant seem to raise any sizeable force anymore, somehow my influence is -58 so i cant recruit soldiers anywhere but brigand fort.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by scheuch13 View Post
    well ive been playing it all day and must say its an excellent mod, except now that im at war with mordor i cant seem to raise any sizeable force anymore, somehow my influence is -58 so i cant recruit soldiers anywhere but brigand fort.
    The best way to build your army to rescue captured troops from prison trains and other small forces.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

PLaying as elves is extremely hard. You cant buy elven troops from taverns you get a certain number of them which relates to your rank per a week. But if you manage to build an army full of Galadrihm troops you would be unstructable.
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

I'm actually finding the elven campaign immensely frustrating.

Having as good as won my one as gondor, I moved on to the elves, and while I'm gaining ranks and levels and all that, I'm just finding the elvish troops grossly inadequate to face those of mordor.

Rivendail has already fallen (~day 25), and the great host of lothlorian has been destroyed; as things stand, there's not much I can do to intervene.

Sure, I can kill a few guys in battle, but the absence of horses in the elven lands limits my ability to swing the tide of battle...

Certainly interesting, but perhaps ultimately doomed
    Citizen under the patronage of Garb.
    Ex Administrator, Senior Moderator, and Content Editor.

Hmm I won my elven war(and lost in the south horribly I might add), it's very hard I was having to command allied armies to gang up on the hosts of the enemy then hop in myself I was constantly having to turn the tide of battle myself and the best thing I can tell you is go to Rohan get a few horsemen and use them to divide the Moria and Dol Guldur troops long enough for your infantry to take them on in small numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos32 View Post
    Hmm I won my elven war(and lost in the south horribly I might add), it's very hard I was having to command allied armies to gang up on the hosts of the enemy then hop in myself I was constantly having to turn the tide of battle myself and the best thing I can tell you is go to Rohan get a few horsemen and use them to divide the Moria and Dol Guldur troops long enough for your infantry to take them on in small numbers.
    hmm never thought because i was elvish. does being human make recruiting from gondor and rohan easier? cause im mostly fighting with bandit troops and whatever prisons i can capture. but to often my experienced army will get completely trashed trying to aid in the fight against the mordor host armies. i mean when the host armies join forces until you have like the corsair host, lesser mordor host and greater modor host and the size of the army is like 175 strong, how the hell do i fight that, its so big that all allied forces run away from it.

Being an Elf makes Human troops cost 2x as much Influence thats the problem, vice versa. Its not easy and if your as lucky as me your armies will be crippled and Gondor + Rohan will probably be destroyed by the time you win but look on the bright side at least Mordor and Isengard go to war after their dead. Also head to the Elven Capital(can never remember name but its the giant tree surrounded by water) recruit Glorfindil I think he costs 200 Influence but he has been my single greatest asset all along.

Im actually a part of a very determined team making a Peloponessian War mod for this game.

I've looked at that one before not recently though hows progress?

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

I got a big beef with the elves, i and my troops can hold off well enough against the enemy hosts but whenever my elven hosts encounter an army with trolls , the bloody trolls wipe out all the Elven troops and all the troops that come in reinforcements, i keep hacking at them with my 2handed sword and shoot him in the head with my bow but they dont take any damage, the Moria Cave trolls die easily enough but the one Modor sends scare the **** out of me , Olog Hai i think their called.
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!