Thread: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: Mod Recommendations Here

ok, i know I found this mod before just cant remember what it was called.... but I wanna be able to play Empire Total War with Napoleon Tota War system... like replenish, and turn period, attrition and stuff like that... anyone know?

thx in advance.
    No ETW mod has exactly the same systems as in NTW, but I've a feeling you are talking about A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita-its in the ETW hosted mods section. This one has manpower and supply if not attrition.

what about the turn period? and the Campaign map like France was divided into many regions... anything like that too?

also is there a mod that changes the diplomacy like in NTW??

Ducenarius
    Poland --> Upper Silesia region (pl=Górny Śląsk).

Icon4 Re: Mod Recommendations Here

==================================================================================

Hmm, maybe try Darthmod Ultimate Commander 6.2 or other ETW overhaul.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1071

I hope you will find something good.

==================================================================================
    Remember of the Alamo!

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

what about the turn period? and the Campaign map like France was divided into many regions... anything like that too?
    There is an editing tool for the turn period, gimme a minute and I'll put the link here.

EDIT-here:
    Up to 4294967295 turns per year! - Editor v1.01 released

At the moment the regions cannot be edited, so there are no mods for that yet (though Taw has been working on the maps trying to make them moddable.

also is there a mod that changes the diplomacy like in NTW??
    Well, DarthMod changes the Diplomacy AI, though I'm pretty sure its very different to NTW.
    Last edited by Tango12345; October 29, 2010 at 06:33 AM.

Default so im looking for a Mod

hey guys so i have been playing empire and i got to say it is getting rather boring is there any mod that lets me access places like japan and gives me new units and new/unlock factions?
    i want to colonize the eastern empires too (i really want to kill some samurai) and i want to play factions like Persia or Ottoman where my soldiers do not suck
    thanks

ReignTerror's Avatar Master of Hyperbole

Default Re: so im looking for a Mod

wrong game... should try M2tw... i think there is a mod that unlocks the world and some fantastic middle east and easter mods out there... ETW is locked in it's campaign map

what mods are poplar right now then? how do they make the game interesting and what do they add?

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

I'd recommend DarthMod Ultimate Commander. If I tried to give you a list of everything it adds (mostly uniforms, flags, and stuff)... I'd be here for a long time But the biggest parts are better campaign and battle AI, new units (they tweaked existing ones too, like longer range and bigger unit size), and more starting money. There's also TAR if you want to play the Americans, a Civil War mod, and APE:TI which has stuff like manpower and supply.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1071 for all of those and more.
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

American Civil War Mod(The Blue and the Grey)
    -Adds new civil-war era units to the custom battle mode
    -Version 2.0 currently; (custom battles/multiplayer only), limited campaign to come in Version 2.1
    -America Campaign Map not improved, nor dates changed
    -New unit sounds, sfx, units now have 2 flags per regiment!
    -Unit stats (range, accuracy, etc.) changed to fit period

The American Revolution
    -Adds many revolution-era units, including historically accurate regiments, etc.
    -America Campaign Map not improved, nor are dates changed

Additional units Mod (AUM)
    -Now in version 3.1, comes in 4 languages
    -Adds over 150 new units, including ships and artillery
    -INCLUDES 4 Field Marshals, to be used in campaign as Generals
    -Compatible with DARTHMOD, A Proper Empire: TI, and Imperial Splendour
    -Playable in both Singleplayer and Multiplayer (opponent has to have matching version)
    -Includes 63 units from the "Ornamentum" Skin pack
    Graphics Pack 1.7
    -Spin-off of AUM, includes over 120 retextures of vanilla (vanilla means unmodded) ETW units

European Wars 2 (not 2.0, EW1 is for Rome:Total War)
    -COMPLETELY reskinned units
    -Strong Emphasis on Historical accuracy
    -Compatible with many minor mods/modpacks
    -Campaign Map not improved, nor are any dates changed
    -Features slightly improved battle AI

Darthmod Empire Series/Darthmod Ultimate Commander(DMUC)
    -Polishes ETW to the point where it can be playable
    -Better Battle AI (Darth Vader improved the AI before CA released its BAI patches)
    -Better Campaign AI (as per the polls on the official TWCenter Mods section)
    -DMUC 6.3 Limited Time offer OPEN BETA
    -Reworked Menu and UI. What could be better?
    -Snazzy Avatars, Pics, and Signatures (Redcoats with lightsabers)
    -Ingame User Manual
    -More Realistic units, artillery, etc.
    -It started development when Empire came out... Darth even came back from retirement to make this
    -Includes some 100 Submods

A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita (APE:TI)
    -Too lazy to add more details... it's more or less the same as European Wars but with extra features

that sounds very interesting. is it something like Napoleon total war? where i have to maintain a supply line? or else my soldiers die of starvation or bad weather ?

YD23's Avatar Cторожевая Cобака.

Merged with the mod recommendation thread.

Ducenarius

Icon5 Re: Mod Recommendations Here

========================================================================================================================

Hello everyone,

I 'm looking for more historic accurate unit skins - than those from Vanilla ETW.

I' m playing only the Short Campaign ( 1700 - 1750 ).

I. In general i 'm searching the retextures of units for those European states:

---> Great Britain

---> France

---> Spain

---> Poland and Russia

---> United Provinces and Sweden

---> German States and Italian States

Important: I don't want to add new units, only to change the look of the existing vanilla ones ( the same unit stats ).

========================================================================================================================

II. Type of units i' m interested in ( could be others also ):

---> light infantry

---> cavalry regiments

Thanks in advance!

Note: The index of skins is outdated, so i 'm asking you for a retexture mod recommendation.

Last edited by p.jakub88; November 19, 2010 at 03:13 PM.
    Remember of the Alamo!

TheGeat's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by p.jakub88 View Post

Hello everyone,

I 'm looking for more historic accurate unit skins - than those from Vanilla ETW.

I' m playing only the Short Campaign ( 1700 - 1750 ).

I. In general i 'm searching the retextures of units for those European states:

---> Great Britain

---> France

---> Spain

---> Austria and Prussia

---> Poland and Russia

---> United Provinces and Sweden

---> German States and Italian States

---> Ottoman Empire

Important: I don't want to add new units, only to change the look of the existing vanilla ones ( the same unit stats ).

II. Type of units i' m interested in ( could be others also ):

---> line infantry

---> militia

---> light infantry

---> cavalry regiments

---> cannons ( crew )

---> officers and drummers

Thanks in advance!

Note: The index of skins is outdated, so i 'm asking you for a retexture mod recommendation.

Well you could g fro the big mods like darthmod or Tar II. Personaly im using Spongemod wich focuses on 7 years war and all units are from the same era , some times different mods focuses on units from different persiods wich i don't like. Allthough the mod isn't complete, i think it's the best one ATM, with this mod and italian states mod your good to go. As the french and spanish aren't completed yet i suggest you take a look at the "released skins thread". You migt have to delete a few skins in those packs with PFM for cmpatible issues.

A few good reskins i can come up with would be:
    France: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=244483
    Ottoman empire: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=248283
    German states: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=287564
    Brittain: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=311597
    Italy: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=354710
    And for the rest: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=351369
    You could also pick a few skins from this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=279286
    Use mod manager to launch all these mods, i think it's better thn adding lines to the script-file. You can get it here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240335

Also, don't replace anny startpos-file, might cous the game to crash.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by TheGeat; November 19, 2010 at 12:03 PM.

Ducenarius

======================================================================================================================

Thanks for the quick reply and links TheGeat!

I think, that i will maybe download the "Sponge mod" ( most complex and all in one ).

I will look closer to the Sponge mod thread and decide --> but this looks very, very promising.

I will need to delete my other, earlier line infantry reskins ( USA, UK, etc )...

So, the Sponge Mod is a mod pack type file? ( a bit large 475,1 MB in *.zip archive... )

If you are using this mod TheGeat, i will download it for sure ( i read good opinion about it )!

======================================================================================================================
    Last edited by p.jakub88; November 19, 2010 at 12:43 PM.
    Remember of the Alamo!

Ducenarius

==============================================================================================================================

Eh, i downloaded the Sponge mod and i launched it through Mod Manager 1.5 --> but i have a CTD....

Maybe this mod isn't compatible with the Empire: Total War 1.5 version?

Could you tell me, which mods are not compatible with the Sponge mod 4.0?

I will need to download some other retextures, what's a pity...

==============================================================================================================================
    Remember of the Alamo!

TheGeat's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by p.jakub88 View Post

Eh, i downloaded the Sponge mod and i launched it through Mod Manager 1.5 --> but i have a CTD....

Maybe this mod isn't compatible with the Empire: Total War 1.5 version?

Could you tell me, which mods are not compatible with the Sponge mod 4.0?

I will need to download some other retextures, what's a pity...

Seem to me like your having problems with the "fx cashe-folder". If ytou have windows 7 the foldr is located ad "computer/C-drive/user/username/Appdata/Roaming/the creative assemby/fx-cashe" or somthing like that. You have to enable to see hidden folder to find the folder though. I cant remember where the folder is in XP but you can search your harddrive for "the creative assembly"-folder.

The fx cashe folder has to be deleted because it make copies of terrain, units from your previous game. When you delete the fx-folder you reset everything to zero so the game can create new copies from your new mods. Atleast i think it works that way Just delete the fx-cashe files and then load all the mods with modmanager again. If that dosn't work then try loading your mods in a different order. Some mods may need to be loaded before others. Also, make sure you don't have several mods that edit the same unit.

Oh, here is my scriptfile in cease you wondering. It works just fine.

mod "no_backpacks_mod.pack";
    mod "sponge.pack";
    mod "ETF.pack";
    mod "mod_ornamentum_french.pack";
    mod "mod_sir_caesar_KTKG.pack";
    mod "Primergy_Grassmod.pack";
    mod "slmod_GC_DM.pack";
    mod "mod_unitbooosterbarotto.pack";
    mod "32_factions_in_custom_battles.pack";
    mod "proper_militia_v13.pack";
    mod "Total Flags.pack";
    mod "ottoman_realizm_twt_mod.pack";
    mod "aum_mod.pack";
    mod "german_states_modA.pack";
    mod "Italian_states_mod.pack";
    mod "mod_ornamentum_full13.pack";
    mod "mod_rtext_unprov_v13.pack";
    mod "mod_sweden.pack";
    mod "spainall_dbfix_mod.pack";
    mod "spain_mod.pack";
    mod "austrian_textures.pack";
    mod "brit_mod.pack";
    Last edited by TheGeat; November 19, 2010 at 03:23 PM.

Ducenarius

Icon4 Re: Mod Recommendations Here

==================================================================================================================================

I. I deleted the whole fx_cache folder, but i still have CTD when "sponge mod" is launched through Mod Manager 1.5.

I have similar mods as you have ( i.e no backpacks, ETF, retextures etc ).

When i launched the game without sponge mod, it worked well...

I notice, than the sponge mod change not only the unit textures.

==================================================================================================================================

II. Nevermind, i will download ( or i already have ):

---> separate retextures for line infantry ( for major ETW countries ).

---> German States Retexture

---> Italian States Retexture

III. Sorry, but most of the skin download topics are full of useful posts --> and i 'm confused.

There is so much retextures, that it is impossible to make for them one big skin index.

I 'm searching only the skins for Vanilla ETW.

Perhaps sponge mod isn't compatible with the ETW 1.5.

Thanks for your help TheGeat anyway!

Last edited by p.jakub88; November 19, 2010 at 03:41 PM.
    Remember of the Alamo!

Default Help with the insane Spanish super galleons.

I'm fed up with the inane ahistorical nonsense in vanilla. galleons were rendered obsolete by Fluyts and brigs, in game they are super mega death ships, brigs are a joke, and the dreaded indiamen of the east India company, (who are supposed to be equal to a fourth rate ship of the line) loose to sloops...

Can anyone help me with this? all I'd like is indiamen that are equal to or greater than galleons, and maybe brigs that are tradeships. The indiamen should be cheep though, as they were privately owned and operated by the east india company.

ideally, I suppose they would be best demonstrated by a buildable company town that spawns trade ships and troops like spies, but that would probably be asking far too much. I'd settle for galleons that are recruitable by the British really... remaining them indiamen would be even better.
    "Midway upon the journey of our life
    I found myself within a forest dark,
    For the straightforward pathway had been lost." Dante Alighieri

Ducenarius

===============================================================================================================================

Hello everyone,

----> I 'm searching a mod for Empire: Total War, which changes the default crew size for the ship in naval battle.

Anyone heard about such mod?

I tried to make those changes on my own, but i wasn't able to do it.

Thanks in advance for any support!

===============================================================================================================================
    Last edited by p.jakub88; November 23, 2010 at 03:29 AM.
    Remember of the Alamo!