Thread: Empire Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Where to get colour-change mod for unitcards in

Hello,

With apologies if this seems off topic, but does anyone have the file for ss4rafi's mod that removes platoon fire? The file is no longer available to download from the thread (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...or-empire-v1-6).

Cheers,

Yonutz

Icon3 Best mod for Empire?

So i'm wondering what mod I should get for Empire. I have been using Darthmod +Causus Beli, but I found out Darthmod removes things from the game! No platoon Fire or Fire and Advance and all the trade ships are gone! Has anything else been removed? Please tell me if you know.

So i'm looking for another mod, one that keeps the vanilla stuff from Empire and improves upon it rather than removing things. Ive heard of 'The Rights of Man' but I don't know if its as extensive as Darthmod. 'Imperial Splendor' seemed interesting but I heard that half the tech tree doesn't work.

I'd also consider modding Darthmod myself to add these things back in and maybe change it up a bit myself if that's possible. So any suggestions would be appreciated.

Default Re: Best mod for Empire?

There is a mod called Imperial Destroyer which is even bigger in scope than Darthmod and is still being updated. I tried it and income is very hard to manage, making things a real challenge. You have to fight only limited wars and then get some sort of peace agreement to make some money from trade again. Everything is reskinned and it has the NTW graphical style imported into it with hundreds of new units and several new factions added. He's even managed to wedge some new provinces into formerly "dead" areas of the map in America and Russia.

I have to agree with the trade thingy, I wish the designer would give us an option, at least increased income that would allow us to play with more than 20 units on the battlefield. The graphics, however, are amazing. The battles (the large ones, especially) are something you want to print out, frame and hang in your office or living room. And the battle AI is very good and something to experience.

ID has its own issues too. Frankly...I found the best solution is to patch up your own "Frankenstein" from minimods available around. I've made mine with Bran's BAI, AUM, No Forts mod, all factions available for campaign startpos modified to 3 TPY, Bran's visual modifications, UI and battlefield effect packages extracted from ID.

Quote Originally Posted by skillfultree View Post
    So i'm wondering what mod I should get for Empire. I have been using Darthmod +Causus Beli, but I found out Darthmod removes things from the game! No platoon Fire or Fire and Advance and all the trade ships are gone! Has anything else been removed? Please tell me if you know.
    Usually mods remove fire drills to avoid plenty of issues they come up with that either cause trouble with the AI or simply do not really work in intended fashion in the long run. I do not remember the reason tradeships were removed from DMS rather than cap them though.

What were the issues? ive never played vanilla. I was really looking forward to using them and now I can't.

(from Sarln) ...I found the best solution is to patch up your own "Frankenstein" from minimods available around. I've made mine with Bran's BAI, AUM, No Forts mod, all factions available for campaign startpos modified to 3 TPY, Bran's visual modifications, UI and battlefield effect packages extracted from ID.

Sarln, how do you incorporate AUM with Bran's BAI? I thought AUM was incompatible with Bran's BAI? Also, what are you using for a campaign mod, if any?
    Last edited by Rick; May 04, 2016 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    (from Sarln) ...I found the best solution is to patch up your own "Frankenstein" from minimods available around. I've made mine with Bran's BAI, AUM, No Forts mod, all factions available for campaign startpos modified to 3 TPY, Bran's visual modifications, UI and battlefield effect packages extracted from ID.

Sarln, how do you incorporate AUM with Bran's BAI? I thought AUM was incompatible with Bran's BAI? Also, what are you using for a campaign mod, if any?
    Bran's BAI and regular version of BAI+CAI pack are compatible with AUM. It's the ++ version that's incompatible.

At the moment I'm not using any CAI mod. Bran's has some side effects-the economy boost makes everyone spam armies and this causes issue with landbridges, especially the Istanbul one. I've experienced over 10 min ottoman turns.

But if you know about any good CAI only mod, let me know.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: ETW Mods Recommendations & Queries Here

Sar1n- Updated Bran Empire Campaign AI mod with Regional Development Version-Ai concentrates on developing its regions with building upgrades and economy and less on making huge armies. Ai is more defensive and less aggressive in nature. For those who want a slower paced campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Bran's BAI and regular version of BAI+CAI pack are compatible with AUM. It's the ++ version that's incompatible.

At the moment I'm not using any CAI mod. Bran's has some side effects-the economy boost makes everyone spam armies and this causes issue with landbridges, especially the Istanbul one. I've experienced over 10 min ottoman turns.

But if you know about any good CAI only mod, let me know.
    I experienced this problem to. I wanted to use 40 unit armies. There is a work around it. At least in beta testing it seems to have resolved the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by skillfultree View Post
    What were the issues? ive never played vanilla. I was really looking forward to using them and now I can't.
    Fire by rank in general has various ways to render unit unable to fire for the remainder of the battle and it doesn't work against cavalry, any fire drill that alters unit spacing often ends up causing friendly fire if you have two units next to eachother as the sides clip through and try to shoot as normal (and sometimes screw up unit pathfinding logic too) and delays imposed by fire drills sometimes leads into situations - especially doubled that unit must be 100% formed to actually work with them, not 99.9% - you have unit gawking mindlessly and refusing to shoot for near eternity because... something. And fire by rank is perhaps the "most" functional of vanilla fire drills in comparison to the others.

While most of the issues may not seem that gamebreaking or at worst occur only occasionally, all you need are couple of those occasions fire drills broke your unit AI (in a game with already somewhat wonky AI) and sodium levels are shooting through the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Sar1n- Updated Bran Empire Campaign AI mod with Regional Development Version-Ai concentrates on developing its regions with building upgrades and economy and less on making huge armies. Ai is more defensive and less aggressive in nature. For those who want a slower paced campaign.
    Thanks, I'll check it out once my time allows it.

Default force diplomacy mod?

Is there any mod that allows to force the AI in diplomacy? I'm trying to force Poland to be my protectorate as Prussia.

Default Need A Hand With India

I have recently got into ETW after a few years and am enjoying it greatly. I do however wonder if there is a MOD or way to stop the Maratha Confederacy from dominating the map? I tried an Austria campaign, and everything was going fine until Maratha took out Persia, and Ottomans. Thats fine I can see it, but the issue is that Russia also got stomped. It just seems silly. I had only took over Italy, Serbia, and Libya by this time (I like to play half realistically) and it really broke the immersion to have an angry India faction steamroll right into Europe all the way to Finland. I mean, the Mongols did it, but that was a different time.

Additionally is there a reason that Spain, France, England, are only 1 province each? I mean it is odd to only have to take paris to destroy France. (Again any mod reccomendations would help!)

Default Re: Need A Hand With India

Oh you poor summer child, thinking there is a way to fix ETW...

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Oh you poor summer child, thinking there is a way to fix ETW...
    well other than the two issues I mentioned it seems to be pretty decent...
    Edit: And I was born in the short Autumn before the great short winter of decades ago.
    Last edited by IBSXYPNTS; May 13, 2016 at 09:19 PM.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by IBSXYPNTS View Post
    I have recently got into ETW after a few years and am enjoying it greatly. I do however wonder if there is a MOD or way to stop the Maratha Confederacy from dominating the map? [...]

Additionally is there a reason that Spain, France, England, are only 1 province each? I mean it is odd to only have to take paris to destroy France. (Again any mod reccomendations would help!)
    For the first problem, you could try PikeStance's Orange Crush mod. (I believe that you would need to start a new campaign to use it).

You asked why Spain, France and England are only 1 province each. Modding the map in Empire Total War is very difficult. I believe that the makers of the Imperial Destroyer mod managed to create regions in areas which are normally not used (such as parts of North America). I do not know whether they have managed to split single regions - I could be wrong, but I believe that no-one has found a way to do that. You can find Imperial Destroyer in the Hosted Modifications area for ETW.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    For the first problem, you could try PikeStance's Orange Crush mod. (I believe that you would need to start a new campaign to use it).

You asked why Spain, France and England are only 1 province each. Modding the map in Empire Total War is very difficult. I believe that the makers of the Imperial Destroyer mod managed to create regions in areas which are normally not used (such as parts of North America). I do not know whether they have managed to split single regions - I could be wrong, but I believe that no-one has found a way to do that. You can find Imperial Destroyer in the Hosted Modifications area for ETW.
    Thank you for the information! I was not aware of this thread.

I jus played a prussia campaign and the orange horde allied the ottomans and stopped in persia, which is fine. I am now facing a wierd bug or simply incomplete issue with all variety of nations attacking me for little to no reason other than we share a border? I mean poland makes sense I have crushed them in three wars now so they are my mortal enemy, but for some reason Venice declared war, so did maratha. I am not sure if its simply the CAI or if something is wrong... Also for some reason these nations wont accept peace even after I push them into a single province or even two. I even offer 6 techs sometimes but they still refuse.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

You mentioned AI factions not accepting peace. You might want to try my More reasonable diplomacy mini-mod.