Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Regalia of Nations v 3.5 (Flags, Sounds, Uniforms, Effects Mod) Discussion Thread (Updated 7/06/09)

Default Re: Regalia of Nations v 1.01

I can confirm the Saxony Flag is glitched for some reason. Started a Revolution, sided with rebels, UI Flags worked, Main Flag didn't

I will need to test to see if this happens to any other nations. Then we'll need to find out why this happens to Saxony. Hopefully its just a typo or something. Kippy can you give me a hand out with testing to see if any other nations have glitched Alternate gov't flags IN game? Don't worry if you don't have the time.

Disturbingly enough, I've found more glitches, possibly linked to the new startpos.esf we posted. I'll have to talk it over with Trasibulos and see if we can figure it out.

EDIT: I will keep a running tally of the nations we find to be working/glitching.

Confirmed Glitched:
    Saxony, Courland
    Confirmed Working:
    Papal States, Savoy, Persia, Venice
    Last edited by Aykis16; April 22, 2009 at 04:41 PM.

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Hey Aykis, I'll do some testing later this evening (I have a chemistry exam in a couple hours I'm still studying for, but I was gonna take the evening to pay some Empire anyways!). Do you have any specific nations you need checked out? I see you've confirmed a couple already, but I'd be happy to check out some others.

I'm going to work in a couple hours so I'll keep testing till then and update the list in the above post. Let me know which ones you've confirmed. We basically need to test all the minor nations (except Colonies, Louisiana, New Spain and Westphalia - they don't have alt gov'ts yet). See the above for ones I've already confirmed.

Alright perfect, I'll try some others after I'm done with my exam. Aykis, what's the proper path to use to open up the flags and view them as files? I assume using the Pack File Manager, correct? I just wanted to check because the first/last/only time I've tried exploring the files resulted in a fresh install

Needed a break from studying... I've found a few more (small images) of battalion flags... appears to be from a wargaming company again:

These are out of our time frame, but worth a look:
    Bavaria (Thirty Years' War)
    Sweden (Thirty Years')

And these are in our time frame:
    Baden (Seven Years' War - not sure if these are of any use)

Russia (Seven Years')

Maybe in a future (... very future lol) release, a possible Baden faction could carry one of those battalion flags.

To open files and view use the pack file manager. Also you need a program that can view tga files. Paint.net is free and can. I checked all the files and they are there so I don't know whats wrong. Error must be in the startpos.esf.

Alright I'm going to work. Kippy see if you can test any of the Minors that aren't on my already confirmed list above.

I can confirm Bavaria, Hannover, Denmark, and the Knights of St. John are all working.

Trasibulos, did you fix this flag bug? If so I'll save some time testing other Minor Factions.

Here's yet another picture of a wargaming flag... The soldiers are labelled as "Suitable for Austria, Bavaria etc", so the uniforms aren't anything great, but the banner they are carrying is similar to an Austrian one featuring the Virgin Mary that I linked to earlier.

EDIT:

I've seen in a couple places that Hesse-Kassel is an emergent faction, but I've yet to see them in game. In case they are:

This source is a good one. Excellent images of Hessian soldiers, and a few very nicely detailed illustrations of regimental colors:

Those are just a few examples from the page. The only problem is these colors apparently flew for Hessian regiments stationed in the Thirteen Colonies during the American Revolution... that puts us at the later end of our time-frame and outside of Europe.

Here are some more from another source... Haha I hope Hesse is actually in game so maybe these could help...

EDIT EDIT:

Finally, a decent image of the Virgin Mary Austrian flag.

Source. Has links to some other really good flag images, but I think you might already have those ones covered, Aykis.
    Last edited by Kip; April 23, 2009 at 12:49 AM.

Ya the Hessen one is really good but I lack the skill to make it without a clean image so my attempt was sort of lame. Perhaps Trasibulos can do better. Also, I wish I could have two different sides to the Flags since most Regimental Flags had 2 different sides like the Virgin Mary one. I can't decide if I want to use the Double Eagle or the Virgin Mary. I'll probably go with the Virgin Mary, since I'm using the Double Eagle as the Main Faction Flag and they look similar. Also it just looks more interesting. Thanks Kippy. And ya, Trasibulos seems to have fixed the problem. Was just typos. So we can forget testing. Thanks for doing it anyway.

I'll post v 1.02 tomorrow to fix the bug.

EDIT: V 1.02 is now live. No more flags should be missing.
    Last edited by Aykis16; April 23, 2009 at 01:54 AM.

TheRaider's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Aykis16 View Post
    From my research the Irish "Erin Go Bragh" has been used as a nationalist phrase for a long time. You're right about it being an Anglicized version, but that was the first version that appeared on the flag. The correct Irish Spelling is: Éirinn go Brách which literally means Ireland until Eternity or Ireland until the End (of Time).

EDIT: Looks like Kippy beat me too it. Thanks Kippy!
    Was it actually used on a flag though? The official United Irishmen flag is the one used in the vanilla game, which was actually used in 1798, and the monarchy flag would make sense as the blue one which was in use when Ireland had a king.

I find it unlikely that an Irish government would use an anglicised version of a any Irish phrase on the flag. Eirinn Go Brach would make more sense if you insist on using the phrase.
    Don't talk to me about Australian culture. It's nothing but rum and Neighbours

~ Winston Churchill on Australians

Default Re: Regalia of Nations v 1.02 (Bug Fix 4/22/09)

I have just send to Aykis some Ui Flags and Naval Ensignes... the work continues...

Anyway, i've received a request by ruzenqures to join to our mod !

Is the startpos.esf file universal for every new release of the mod? So with version 1.02, do I only need to replace my regalia.pack file?

Dear Aykis16 and Trasibulos
    I want to join your team and help the mod about music and research.I can provide some sound effects and ideas too.
    ETW MODS
    To pick your own research, construction and recruitment time > Power of X
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flags, sounds, uniforms, effects mod > Regalia of Nations

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaider View Post
    Was it actually used on a flag though? The official United Irishmen flag is the one used in the vanilla game, which was actually used in 1798, and the monarchy flag would make sense as the blue one which was in use when Ireland had a king.

I find it unlikely that an Irish government would use an anglicised version of a any Irish phrase on the flag. Eirinn Go Brach would make more sense if you insist on using the phrase.
    Type Erin Go Bragh into Google Images. You will get pages and pages of Erin Go Bragh Flags. This is a battalion flag not a faction flag.

Quote Originally Posted by KippyK View Post
    Is the startpos.esf file universal for every new release of the mod? So with version 1.02, do I only need to replace my regalia.pack file?
    Well Kippy it depends. For example in v 1.01 the startpos.esf was the only thing that changed. in 1.02 one small file in Regalia was fixed. If we add new Pirate Republic Flags, we'll have to change the startpos one more time. After that it should be universal.

Quote Originally Posted by ruzenqures View Post
    Dear Aykis16 and Trasibulos
    I want to join your team and help the mod about music and research.I can provide some sound effects and ideas too.
    Alright! Welcome to the team! Would you mind helping me with some nice clear musket sound effects research? I've already got quite a few samples but I need more to change all of vanilla. I want to have a complete Musket sound overhaul for v 1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Aykis16 View Post
    Alright! Welcome to the team! Would you mind helping me with some nice clear musket sound effects research? I've already got quite a few samples but I need more to change all of vanilla. I want to have a complete Musket sound overhaul for v 1.1
    On it.
    ETW MODS
    To pick your own research, construction and recruitment time > Power of X
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flags, sounds, uniforms, effects mod > Regalia of Nations

Does anyone know of a website where I can upload sound effects so I can give you guys previews of the new musket sounds?

hmm, so can the mod just work with only the flags? i like to have just the flags...these flags are just so much better than vanilla.