Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Christianity Dying?(hopefully?)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Kiljan Arslan's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Default Re: Is Christianity Dying?(hopefully?)

benny Hill?

The Man I will do the same!
    according to exarch I am like
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    sure, the way fred phelps finds christianity too optimistic?

Simple truths
    Did you know being born into wealth or marrying into wealth really shows you never did anything to earn it?
    btw having a sig telling people not to report you is hilarious.

Kiljan Arslan's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

calling its fallowers weak minded might on the other hand.
    Last edited by Kiljan Arslan; April 25, 2009 at 02:00 PM.
    according to exarch I am like
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    sure, the way fred phelps finds christianity too optimistic?

Simple truths
    Did you know being born into wealth or marrying into wealth really shows you never did anything to earn it?
    btw having a sig telling people not to report you is hilarious.

There are over 10 billion that still belief in Christ it doesn't mean that some Christian's are bad that all Christian's are like that.
    know the religion that is casing most problems is Islam 2000-2009 wath relgion is causing most dead's and Chaos you think
    you say chrisianity must be destroy't i think you just have a problem With some people how belief in Christ or pretend that the do.

top spamming this tread it's pointlless
    Last edited by webMaster412160; April 25, 2009 at 11:39 AM.
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.

Hippolord's Avatar Campidoctor

Christainity will never die. To belive so is a foolish notion.

The Greek Religions still stand wiht us to day. Maybe not it the way you would expect them to, bu thet ay in whihc they have effected us ios beyond belief. The Teachings of Zorostar are still with us. Just like the codes of Hammurabi (Not religous but you get the pont). Christainity has effected the human race....no the world. In such a way that it will alwasy ahve a presence within the minds of all. From now unto the end of the human race.

I honestly believe that 10,000,000 years from now even if Christianity has died. There will be people whom in there day to day lives give both respect and homage, to the power it once held over the minds and souls of so many men... Edit: Even if they dont know it.

No my friend whether it be good or bad Christianity will never die....

I wanna lie, lie to myself, myself and someone else. Cause it’s the lying that hurts, and it’s the hurt that lets me know I’m alive.”

No, Christianity is not dying. Only the parts that try to mimic the current culture are dying. Contemporary Christianity is just atheism disguised.

This thread is full of gross generalizations and epic trolling, the actions of a few fundies don't equal all the other Christians

People who want to ban Christianity always seem to be yelling about 'progressing' and how religion is a 'barbaric institution/concept/whatever' - you know what isn't progressive? Cutting civil rights. You know what is a barbaric? Someone who wants to destroy something that they don't agree with. So much for tolerance, eh?

If the US government moves to destroy Christianity, in the same way Stalin and Mao did in the USSR and China, I will gladly take up the bladed cross, not only to defend my faith, but also my (and my countrymen's) God-given constitutional rights to free speech and religion.
    Exactly right.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

..... only to be replaced by another religion.

People like to believe in something, like to feel divine, like to be ruled and watched. Christianity or not it's all hopeless!

Of course it's dying! There weas a time when the pope could click his fingers and armies would go to war, a time when anyone said anything against Christianity theywould be killed.

Now it's routinely attacked, and insulted. People are leaveing the Church in droves and everywhere in Europe or North America the 'Non-Religious' percentage is growing tremendously.

Christianity is a sinking ship.

Oh wow he got banned lol

DekuTrash's Avatar Human Directional
    Content Emeritus

This Exarch guy is really something else.
    What a troll

Quote Originally Posted by DekuTrash View Post

This Exarch guy is really something else.
    What a troll
    I think I can match his Christianity thing with something about atheism

Atheists tend to suffer from a rare, more aggressive form of unwarranted self-importance. Atheists typically think they are smarter then you no matter what. Just try to correct them on something and prepare to be blasted away with some SERIOUS ING LOGIC! Like furries, many exhibit very serious cases of a persecution complex, believing that Secret Christian Anonymous Terrorists (SCAT) are trying to eradicate them by putting the word "God" in things. A high priest of Atheism discovered last Thursday that should a fellow Atheist hear the "Under God" portion of the Pledge of Allegiance three times within an hour, they will instantly convert to Christianity and then die.

Many atheists generally suffer under the delusion that religion somehow is the cause of all conflict and that it is directly responsible for every war and murder that has ever occurred in history, when in reality it is just a source of major lulz for their more temperate kin. Of course, most atheists fail to realize that, with or without religion, there will always be stupid people in the world who will fervently believe anything they read (The god delusion)

DekuTrash's Avatar Human Directional
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mecharius View Post

Atheists tend to suffer from a rare, more aggressive form of unwarranted self-importance. Atheists typically think they are smarter then you no matter what. Just try to correct them on something and prepare to be blasted away with some SERIOUS ING LOGIC! Like furries, many exhibit very serious cases of a persecution complex, believing that Secret Christian Anonymous Terrorists (SCAT) are trying to eradicate them by putting the word "God" in things. A high priest of Atheism discovered last Thursday that should a fellow Atheist hear the "Under God" portion of the Pledge of Allegiance three times within an hour, they will instantly convert to Christianity and then die.

Many atheists generally suffer under the delusion that religion somehow is the cause of all conflict and that it is directly responsible for every war and murder that has ever occurred in history, when in reality it is just a source of major lulz for their more temperate kin. Of course, most atheists fail to realize that, with or without religion, there will always be stupid people in the world who will fervently believe anything they read (The god delusion)
    Well it was a nice try but Exarch's posts were some epic trolling other folks would put forth thought out answers but he just went on a whim. Besides he has a long history of doing this kind of stuff.
    I think it was just a good ol troll thread so we should stop posting in it before atheist and christian extremists attack and kill us all
    More likely to get atheist extremists here

Fiyenyaa's Avatar Vicarius

Fighting fire with fire, eh?
    I may be intolerant of certain beliefs that religions hold, but I'm generally pretty much in letting people believe whatever they want if it doesn't affect anyone.
    No rational person thinks religion is the cause of all conflict in the world; but it adds another layer of division into humanity.

You seem to think atheists are almost as bad as Exarch thinks Christians are.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiyenyaa View Post
    Fighting fire with fire, eh?
    I may be intolerant of certain beliefs that religions hold, but I'm generally pretty much in letting people believe whatever they want if it doesn't affect anyone.
    No rational person thinks religion is the cause of all conflict in the world; but it adds another layer of division into humanity.

You seem to think atheists are almost as bad as Exarch thinks Christians are.
    I was actually to counter troll him actually. Seems to work with atheists on other websites.

Lord Claremorris's Avatar Senator
    Racine, Wisconsin, United States of America

This is absolutely absurd. Atheists are not so stupid as to believe this non-sense. I can say "under god" one hundred billion times and still not be anymore Christian than before I said that. I've met several very arrogant atheists, who "preach" no differently than Christians themselves. I believe that atheists should just choose to disbelieve for themselves, set their own morals and get on with life without worrying so much about what others believe. Every human is the by product of their own accumulated experiences, so you got to where you are because of what you've been through. What works for you may not work for people who have been through other ordeals. So basically what I'm saying is don't try and apply beliefs that fit you on to everybody else, because they're probably not compatible.
    "Ghlaoigh tú anuas ar an Toirneach, agus anois bain an Chuaifeach."

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Claremorris
    This is absolutely absurd. Atheists are not so stupid as to believe this non-sense. I can say "under god" one hundred billion times and still not be anymore Christian than before I said that. I've met several very arrogant atheists, who "preach" no differently than Christians themselves. I believe that atheists should just choose to disbelieve for themselves, set their own morals and get on with life without worrying so much about what others believe. Every human is the by product of their own accumulated experiences, so you got to where you are because of what you've been through. What works for you may not work for people who have been through other ordeals. So basically what I'm saying is don't try and apply beliefs that fit you on to everybody else, because they're probably not compatible.
    He was counter-trolling Exarch

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Exarch is just as entitled to his opinion as is everyone else on these threads. His fault lies in not having the skill to debate properly and by that I mean leaving out what is so ridiculously inflamatory and replacing that with well-thought argument.

Like many others he assumes all that call themselves Christian actually are. So just to clear the air there are two types under that name, one true and the other false. It is important to know the difference just as that which measures these tells. Firstly, a Christian is a man or woman born again by the innermost workings of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. There isn't any other.

The second is but name only formed by religion as seen in a denominational way where a particular denomination chooses that it is that which makes a Christian. These are they on what is called the wide path. The very ones who at the judgement of whom the Lord Jesus Christ will say that He never knew them, even thought they cry out that what they did was for Him, in His name.

The church of the born again, the elect of God, was never meant to be huge in any generation but if generation by generation is accumulative it is indeed outwith man's ability to number. So, is Christianity dying? Certainly not. It is according to God's plan going exactly as was intended. The Lord Jesus Christ is still building His church out of all creeds and kinds even as I write.

What appears to be dying is organised religion under the name Christianity something that Scripture predicts will happen as the end gets nearer. So why is that? Well for a start they never were on solid ground. They preferred traditions over the word of God making life for them founded on sandy soil, soil that when proved is found wanting.

And secondly they never knew Jesus Christ just as at the last day He will say that He never knew them. You see it takes more than religion under whatever banner to know God. That knowledge is an individuallly settled affair where two distinct separates are brought together by blood resulting in faith, the faith that was His only to give. Religion was never given that faith.

So what Exarch thinks he sees as Christianity dying is no more than an illusion partly because of the above and in part because he wants it that way. Is he alone? Not on your nelly and that in part is again why only God Himself does build His church that nothing in heaven or earth can stop. It is His, given to Him by the Father and no man can stop it, nay not even Satan were he a man, yet as we all should know, he is much more powerful than that.

sephodwyrm's Avatar Praefectus

Well, yeah, good job guys, for showing Exarch:
    "What would Yahweh do..."
    Older guy on TWC.
    Done with National Service. NOT patriotic. MORE realist. Just gimme cash.
    Dishing out cheap shots since 2006.

sephodwyrm's Avatar Praefectus

Atheists tend to suffer from a rare, more aggressive form of unwarranted self-importance.
    Exarch isn't an extreme Atheist (that would be me when I'm talking about Greek Gods and Asgard). He's a Taoist. So you sort of missed again.
    Older guy on TWC.
    Done with National Service. NOT patriotic. MORE realist. Just gimme cash.
    Dishing out cheap shots since 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by sephodwyrm View Post
    Exarch isn't an extreme Atheist (that would be me when I'm talking about Greek Gods and Asgard). He's a Taoist. So you sort of missed again.
    Mistake on my part sorry

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by sephodwyrm View Post
    you mean Taoist like that?