Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: VI2 - Dominion of Britannia Released

Default VI2 - Dominion of Britannia Released

Viking Invasion II
    Dominion of Britannia

a mod for Barbarian Invasion 1.6

* Requires Viking Invasion II 1.7 *

Viking Invasion II: Dominion of Britannia aims to take the original Viking Invasion II (itself based on the cult-status Medieval Total War: Viking Invasion) and add more options for play whilst also enhancing historical accuracy.

The map covers Ireland, England, Alba, Jutland, Wales, and the isles and westernmost provinces of the Norwegians. There are about 15 more regions (same map) to traverse and conquer, and two brand new factions - the Uí Néill and the East Angles - to lead to victory.

Major Changes and Enhancements from VI2 1.7:

• Irish factions can now recruit Monastic Levies from monasteries

• Unique strategy-map models for Saxon large towns, cities and large cities

• 15 New provinces (Britain and Ireland)

• Greater geographical historical accuracy

• Unit stats reworked for even greater unit balance

• Campaign balance improved

• Saxon culture renamed to Anglo-Saxon

• Uncrowned and Crowned trait for Kings implemented

• New ship for the Vikings (credits to 1066 open-resource mod, with sails by Halie Satanus)

• New Stone Henge model (credit to 1066 open-resource mod)

• Now possible for Anglo-Saxon factions to have monks in their ranks

• New Laigini elite unit for Men of Leinster (formerly "The Irish" faction)

• Recruitable mercenaries redistributed to be more historically accurate

• Walls now only buildable from large town and up

• Viking names edited to be more accurate (thanks to Dansk)

• Monastery line of buildings reworked and more open to Anglo-Saxons

• Stables can now longer be built on small islands

• And lots of textual and visual tweaks throughout!

Main Credits

In addition to those for VI2, and those already mentioned above, we'd like to give credit to Keyser Soze for his persistence in wanting to submod VI2 to the point where we decided to make it official and work together to complete it.

Installation

If you have not done so already, first install VI2 1.7, then simply apply DoB (RAR version) as with previous patches or use the EXE version and install to your Rome Total War directory as you did with the original VI2 build. See our video guides if new to installing mods.

Mirrors (FileFront): VI2: Dominion of Britannia 1.2 (EXE version) / VI2: Dominion of Britannia (RAR version)
    Mirrors (DepositFiles): VI2: Dominion of Britannia 1.2 (EXE version) / VI2: Dominion of Britannia (RAR version)
    Mirrors (FileFactory): VI2: Dominion of Britannia 1.2 (EXE version) / VI2: Dominion of Britannia (RAR version)

The Dominion of Britannia patch (exe) is also available on Moddb.com: http://www.moddb.com/mods/viking-invasion-ii

Back up download link: http://www.theassimilationlab.com/fo...-of-britannia/

NOTE: Old savegames from VI2 1.7 will not work with Dominion of Britannia. Dominion of Britannia begins version sequencing at 1.0 and is currently on 1.2 If you do not see "DoB 1.2" on the menu backdrop in-game then you have installed it incorrectly. 1.2 is intended to be the last update of DoB.

Last edited by MasterOfNone; February 18, 2015 at 11:36 AM.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: VI2 - Dominion of Britannia Released

Uppssss ... sounds very interesting
    Will update

(Why i'm the first post here?)
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

No idea, there should be a flood of posts here by now.

Let us know what you think of DoB! We're quite proud of it.

Patrician Artifex

Of course i'll give reflection ... well, i was just in the process to make some slight own modding changes to v1.7, therefor the "Uppsss .." .. nice surprise

Btw., i would like to see:
    - 2 regions in Jutland (and putting one very young family guy into one region besides the starting leader, so Danes do not starve out that easily, if they are defeated on the british isles)
    - Francland as playable region
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 21, 2009 at 06:08 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

The latter is never going to happen so best do your own

The first is not going to happen either - Dominion of Britannia has become more anglo-centered than VI2...

"One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Patrician Artifex

..lol.
    No problem actually, i know your anglo-saxon centered thinking and you know, West-Saxons are my favourite faction as well
    But i believe, i have a more global thinking than you

"more global thinking" is why mods fail - they stretch beyond their resources...

But if you do it well we can make the submod official (as long as there are no scripts )

Patrician Artifex

Nope.
    There won't be any more official modwork by me (and if though, then on Chivalry II: SV) .
    Every change that i do in future on a game is solely my personal thing, except Chivalry I updates/bugfixing, to the end of this year.

As for VI II DoB, i'll look that i'll be glad with what you have provided, it won't be that bad anyway, i'm sure

"more global thinking" is why mods fail - they stretch beyond their resources...
    Imo. common valid, but not in all cases.

P.S. My public TW modding career will come to an end this year for sure.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 21, 2009 at 06:22 PM.

Athenogoras's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks guys! oh and bad form releasing this past my bedtime

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

I love those new beards and hair style! Great!
    And very nice city models, beardsmen, sails, factions, regions, historic accuracies () and so on...

Congratulations to Dominon of Britannia!!!

Keyser Soze's Avatar Domesticus

thanks guys.
    Last edited by Keyser Soze; May 22, 2009 at 02:40 AM.
    sorry my english.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better, along come DOB, I was just about to start a Norwegian Campaign, when I can kick my flaming kids of the PC. Thanks again guys, cannot wait to get started

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Thx all...

historic accuracies
    Remember that it is an enhancement over VI2 - it is not in the league of Europa Barbarorum yet as far as historicity is concerned
    Last edited by MasterOfNone; May 22, 2009 at 04:54 AM.

TiTiTimmy's Avatar Centenarius

thanks n_n
    Wanted for:
    Breaking and gluing back together and trying to pass off as never being broken in the first place.
    Assault with a weapon that couldn't have possibly been deadly, but unfortunately was

"You know what they say: give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the whole town. Give a man a fishing rod -- see where I'm going here? Give him a fishing rod and he'll poke your eye out."

Rep goes both ways, just leave your name

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Remember that it is an enhancement over VI2 - it is not in the leage of Europa Barbarorum yet as far as historicity is concerned
    Hey MoN, I was just thinking about what the new historic events might be...I usually prefer a good atmossphere to historic accuracy...

There are no new historic events, but we have generally tried to bring things close to historical accuracy than with VI2, since in VI2 we had to follow the original VI more closely.

WImPyTjeH's Avatar Wimpy of the Sore Ass

Playing right now

Harđurāđaz's Avatar Senator

Viking Power!

Thanks for planning my weekend!
    If you're dealing with the devil, it's not the devil who changes, but rather the devil change you - for sanity is like a spider, sitting in a net woven from the finest of strings, unaware of the hand coming closer, being grabbed and stuffed into a mouth.
    Check this: Turumba's Twitch and Youtube channel!

Very nice to see. Hopefully should make an already awesome mod even better.
    Protein cores made in the rough endoplasmic reticulum are posttranslationally modified by glycosyltransferases in the Golgi apparatus, where GAG disaccharides are added to protein cores to yield proteoglycans; the exception is hyaluronan, which is uniquely synthesized without a protein core and is "spun out" by enzymes at cell surfaces directly into the extracellular space.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast