Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hardcoded limits

Default Re: Hardcoded limits

Quote Originally Posted by Kylan271 View Post
    Oh forgot one thing..is it possible the hardcoded limits differ per game version,ie 1.2,1.3 & 1.5????? This is a variable I had not considered,but looking at the original date of the The Guild discussion(2005),perhaps a change in game since then???? I do not know the computer 'mechanics' of what the updates change,so forgive my thoughts.
    Quite possible the earliest versions 1.1 and 1.2 happily accepted units with a building_conditional in the EDB
    whereas that broke to a great extent in the later versions. As well as causing CTD when building conditioned units were right clicked I think that was when it acquired the bug where you could only have a very limited (4?) number of building conditioned units available in same city before it CTD'd.....?

Whatever changed that might have changed other things to do with the recruitment capabilities, but I've got no idea what version the 32 max limit was tested on.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Ok updating as of today.

Recruitment roster is up to 49+ without crashing,RTW 1.5

Alex.exe DMB limit at 513 'types',checked via Divus Unit Counter,and manually using bogus wardogs..1-300+ aghhh.

I have to recheck RTW & BI DMBs.
    Last edited by Kylan271; August 28, 2010 at 09:03 AM. Reason: updating data

In BI I managed to get the number of regions down to two (one roman and one rebel) I think two is impossible cuz a region has a limit on how large it can be i found out that this was the onlyt way i could get the game with no CTD

Units recruitable in a given city, not counting agents: Min 0, max 32. Default usage, experimentation. Extras CTD.
    I'm not sure how it could be possible, but in the sub-mod I'm making of RS2 I have as many as 38 units (non-agents) recruitable in a city, and I get no CTDs from it.

This model limit of polys applies only to campaign map models or it does work for battle models? If not, then what is the limit of battle models?
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

Not sure if anyone will need this, but well, I got it so here it is.

Maximum number of entries the dbb of RTW can handle.

Descr_Building_battle.txt (and includes)
    Maximum number of entries for .dbb: max 1000. Effects for extras errorless CTD on startup.
    (the number may not be absolutely precise though: too many commented entries to be totally sure - anyway its not far from that)

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Per .dbb file or over all .dbb files?
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    Per .dbb file or over all .dbb files?
    Over all.

I had sometimes CTDs also on single dbb files, but was pretty weird, because they had less entries then other .dbb files.
    Guess the reason there was not the number of entries.

Anyway the maximum overall number shall be some around 1k. I reached it and from a month or so anytime I want to to add new dbb entries I have to remove unused vanilla ones - which is pretty tricky most times.

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Worsham View Post
    I'm not sure how it could be possible, but in the sub-mod I'm making of RS2 I have as many as 38 units (non-agents) recruitable in a city, and I get no CTDs from it.
    What i just found out now is that the limit is 32/building . I have 38 units from 2 barracks in EB and it works just fine, but if i move then all to main barrack it crashes.

Setting a region's base farming level to -1 in descr_regions causes a freeze when trying to open the settlement or settlement details scroll. Only happens with this particular value. Thanks to Bardo for confirming it.

I hope this is a right thread to ask. It is actually not a paramount problem but there are - in Rome Total War - some roman names/surnames making characters sound ... let us say, nerdy, to me - like Amulius Popillius or Lentulus Lollius etc. So, I have tried to change (add a few new entries and delete few others) in descr_names and descr_names_lookup and - it goes without saying - adjusting descr.strat in the matter of these removed name entries. As result I got game crashes. Are there names codes anywhere else except descr_names, descr_names lookup and descr_strat? Are there names hardcoded?

there is also file "names.txt" in data/text where you need do changes.
    also be sure you have no one error and also empty place as you see in attachments behind name Amulius.
    Dominion of Britannia, Norman Invasion

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

I did not find the aswer for my questions.

What is the max limit of unit recruitment and upkeep cost?
    What is the min limit of soldier?
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

there is no limit in money-related issue I think, but ridiculous pricing is generally not good

min limit of soldier is 6 on normal (and on EDU)

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Max cost is 65535.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

So the recruitment limit is 32 per building...ok will have to keep an eye out for this. Hmm,I thought I had over this with my cloned wardogs....have to test again????

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

min limit of soldier is 6 on normal
    There are 6 elephant and 6 elephant rider in one unit. If I reduce the elephants to 3 then what happens? And, will the game work properly?
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    There are 6 elephant and 6 elephant rider in one unit. If I reduce the elephants to 3 then what happens? And, will the game work properly?
    as long as the "real men" aka the riders is still 6, the game will still work properly, in fact, you can make 1 elephant unit in normal, as long as the elephant has 6 riders on top of it

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Hello! Maximum amount of historical events in RTW 1.6 (BI) is 240!
    With historic events I mean also plagues and volcanoes!
    Last edited by Acroneos; July 19, 2014 at 02:38 PM.
    "The only thing we learn from history is that we never learn from history."
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4,0 Ghz LGA 1150 | GPU: MSI AMD Radeon R9 280X 3GB DRR5 | RAM: G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U CL10 16 GB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO Basic 500 GB SATA 6 GB/s | PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 CM 630 Watt | MBU: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer LGA1150 ATX
    Steam | Origin | Battlelog | Pics
    Austrian Company GC

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Kylan271 View Post
    Alex.exe DMB limit at 513 'types',checked via Divus Unit Counter,and manually using bogus wardogs..1-300+ aghhh.
    Does this mean I can use 513 models instead of the 255 in BI?
    What is the limit in Alex-BI for the EDU (500 in BI)?

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/