Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Archaon's Modification Files: Player restrictions on attacking aliies [RTW / RTW-BI / RTW-ALEX]

Athenogoras's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Archaon's Loyal Allies Modification Files [RTW / RTW-BI / RTW-ALEX]

What would happen if we replace:
    tooltip cannot_break_alliance
    with
    tooltip cannot_perform_mission

Quote Originally Posted by Athenogoras View Post
    What would happen if we replace:
    tooltip cannot_break_alliance
    with
    tooltip cannot_perform_mission
    nothing, you'll just get a different text showing when you try to attack an ally..

Athenogoras's Avatar Campidoctor

I see. It just decides the textmessage. Can NM be used instead of NA? What about Ig(ignore) and Talk?

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Ok rep for the attempt and hard work. Hopefully it will work with your TE 5 SP mod and TE Gold??? I am porting TE Gold to Alex engine so hope it works there also-the AI do not attack faction,only applies to 1 faction,in that engine.

any success?

To be honest , a few weeks ago my system needed a spring clean so I purged most things installed, including RTW / BI / and mods…
    I have been hard at work helping VLL, PI, and keeping DaC going that I have had no time to finish my 3 personal projects…

I have learnt new scripting features and severely need to improve my research threads..
    The Corsair Invasion Mod could benefit from the new scripts..
    My TE mod needs attention – specifically getting this to work would greatly improve that mod too so working on this is next on my agenda when I get some time for myself.

VLL will take up a lot of my time, Icedie has many ideas that need my help.
    PI has Vista issue that gigantus, AL and I are helping Sig1 fix…

After these are less demanding I’ll install RTW / BI once again and get this mod working as intended, find out how the AI gets around my changes..
    All the while I work on keeping DaC alive aswell..

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

After these are less demanding I’ll install RTW / BI once again and get this mod working as intended
    When to begin counting the days?...

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Keep us posted on this,as quite useful. Just a note about AI in campaign,ie TE as example. Is there some background script running for AI to attack after so many turns? As I always..always as Baktria,get backstabbed by Seleuicds around 480 period,allied or not,and rebel provinces still around. And for AI..they will head to your capital as first assault(I changed capital to see and sure enough,bee line there first everytime.).

Your Mod will be quite useful on the large MM maps as you need to build up your finances and armies before getting smashed by everyone,allied or not,so helpful when you have more provinces to cover.

debux's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Archaon's Modification Files: Player restrictions on attacking aliies [RTW / RTW-BI / RTW-ALEX]

Dead?
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

cpdwane's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Archaon's Modification Files: Player restrictions on attacking aliies [RTW / RTW-BI / RTW-ALEX]

No, because you've just necroposted it.

__________"Ancient History is my Achilles' Heel"___________

debux's Avatar Senator

In that case:

Is this mod dead?
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by debux View Post
    In that case:

Is this mod dead?
    More than likely, yes.

damn so doesn't the mod work I was looking forward to trying it out..
    Rome Total War Randomiser --- Thread --- Source Code

RTWLIB --- C#Library for manipulating and parsing the Rome Total War files. WIP.

ERIC_LZ's Avatar Laetus

It does not work, surely can be achieved through scripts. I'm reading some tutorials
    Last edited by ERIC_LZ; March 15, 2011 at 07:26 PM.

"It is savegame compatible."

do you mean it works on a game that has been saved and you don't have to start a new campaign?
    (sorry if i can't spell)

It does not work.....absolutely.

Where can I find those files??? Please help me!

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

We can't reproduce this mod somehow?
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

How do you download this mod? I'm interested in playing Rome Total War, but I always hate the diplomacy. This seems like a pretty nice fix.

There is no download link please put it back

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123