Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Archaon's Modification Files: Player restrictions on attacking aliies [RTW / RTW-BI / RTW-ALEX]

Default Re: Archaon's Loyal Allies Modification Files [RTW / RTW-BI / RTW-ALEX]

It works perfectly in TATW and DLV (both M2TW) - The users are in the 10s of thousands, and not once did anyone have an issue like this..

I have been running tests after tests in comparison to M2TW and it is looking more and more like the RTW engine uses a different set of 'controls' for AI and Local - where as M2TW share these by the 'one size fits all'..

I am not going to give up yet - this mod is far too successful in M2TW and IMO totally revolutionized diplomacy modification.

Today i have about 4 hours of uninterrupted odding time I will report my findings soon.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Thank you for trying, RTW needs this kind of mod even more than M2TW
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    Thank you for trying, RTW needs this kind of mod even more than M2TW
    I agree. This is something that every RTW mod needs.

This would be great if you could get this to work for RTW.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!.. and support.

I am no longer using the same files, i have replaced my originals and am starting from scratch! I will not rest until i find a solution! (I hope i find one!).

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

*crosses fingers*

Just for some input that might help, so far this mod is working fine in a vanilla RTW campaign, I'm bordering an AI ally that has several huge armies hanging around my lesser garrisoned cities, and hasn't attacked at all (60 turns in). Obviously a far cry from the whack a mole game that vanilla RTW usually turns into.

It doesn't seem to work at all with Europa Barbarorum (really the only way I play RTW anymore) though I'm not sure why.

Maybe it doesn't work in mod folders?
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

I think one thing that needs to be clarified is the conditions that this mod is being tested under. The AI doesn't attack the player often on lower difficulty levels, so unless the player is playing at least on hard, this mod may not be coming into play at all.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

In our case it happens on easy without problems though.
    One test we may want to do is to place the files in the rtw/data folder instead of the mod/data one and see if it makes any difference.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

I use it in the core, and mods folders at the moment.
    Makes no difference at all, and i play using vh/vh always

Basically, i still believe that AI are governed by different controls than the player, the file must have been improved in M2TW to include AI use as well.. :Hmm:

Believe it or not, i only originally tested RTW, BI, ALEX, once each and have not thought to test again since! Can the vanilla users play on vh/vh and let me know if they are having the same luck as [user]mlc82[/user]

I should add, my vanilla campaign setting is on hard, not vh, and I'm using m/m playing EB w/ the Alex.exe

olivtown's Avatar Foederatus

If you do get this to work then their is a potential problem (or a good thing depending on how you see it) which is that in order to prevent the ai invaiding all you will have to do is assasinate all the diplomats they send at you! This could create a peace that the Ai cannot break.
    89% of teens would die today if myspace was destroyed. if you are one of the 11% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

Which is harder than you think as you'd need to succesfully assassinate all AI agents without getting caught.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

olivtown's Avatar Foederatus

True
    89% of teens would die today if myspace was destroyed. if you are one of the 11% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    Which is harder than you think as you'd need to succesfully assassinate all AI agents without getting caught.
    And somehow try to prevent the AI from recruiting more agents.

Just wanted to point out that this mod would be awseome to have for RTW and use it with the various mods out there. The workload is highly appreciated for this mod. Thanks a lot.

Cheers
    Mark

Fredericus Iulius's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Centurion View Post
    Just wanted to point out that this mod would be awseome to have for RTW and use it with the various mods out there. The workload is highly appreciated for this mod. Thanks a lot.

Cheers
    Mark
    I share your opinion

I've been playing with this mod and IB - Julian for a few days now and I've had mixed results. In my Sassanid campaign my allies never once entered my territory let alone attacked me. This game lasted about 50+ turns.

However in my Huns game both the Vandals and the Goths were able to attack me without breaking the alliance I had with them. In the case of the Goths they were hanging around a settlement for 2-3 turns before attacking.

Both games were M/M.

I'm going to test it with LOTR-TW for AlexanderTW.
    Like other mods, the broken alliances are one of the mayor problems in our mod. It would be great if your modification can fix it. I'll tell here the results.
    Anyway, thank you for your work on this important weakeness of all TW games.

EDIT: Well, it was faster to test than I expected. Regretably, I can confirm it does not work. The human can't attack his allies, but the AI keeps betraying you.
    It is annoying if it does only work for MTW2... I hope you find a way to make it compatible with RTW/ATW/BI mods.
    I also tryied with this change (just in case), but neither it worked:
    selected army
    {
    over allied
    {
    default Na
    I'll try to test now with vanilla AlexTW.
    Last edited by Bardo; September 10, 2009 at 07:48 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast