Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ***SPQR 7.0 1.2 patched Addon Download***

Default ***SPQR 7.0 1.2 patched Addon Download***

Hello,

Added some units successfully to SPQR, created by ferres, Hannibal Smith, King Louise Assurbanipal and Varangian & Neo, some unit cards by Conquistador. Discussed with LT that it could add some nice unit variety suitable for SPQR. Below some examples of the units:

1 & 2) Eastern Sword Auxilia and Eastern Spear Auxilia (by Ferres)
    Recruitable: In cities in the East and in Africa, replacing the original SPQR spear and sword auxilia there (pre & post Marian)
    Ownership: Romans Julii
    Stats: Similar to SPQR sword and spear auxilia, slightly better in desert, slightly worse in snow

Attachment 36001 Attachment 35221

Attachment 35220 Attachment 35990

3) Eastern Cavalry Auxilia (by KLA)
    Recruitable: In cities in the East where Syrian Archers are recruitable, replacing original SPQR late roman cavalry auxilia there (pre & post Marian)
    Ownership: Romans Julii
    Stats: Similar to SPQR late cavalry auxilia

Attachment 35222

4 & 5) Sarmatian Spear Auxillia and Sarmatian Archer Auxillia (by Ferres)
    Recruitable: As mercenaries in the north east
    Ownership: Mercs
    Stats: Similar to SPQR spear auxilia and SPQR chosen archer

Attachment 35152 Attachment 35153
    Attachment 35156

6) The famous Batavian Cavalry, Caesars Germanic favourites (by Ferres)
    Recruitable: As mercenaries in the north
    Ownership: Mercs
    Stats: Similar to SPQR Gothic cavalry

Attachment 35154 Attachment 35157

More units:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...20#post4836620

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...91#post4856291

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...06#post4878406

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...34#post4996734

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...99#post5042099

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...08#post5193508

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...39#post5301339

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...00#post5718800

An overview of this addon:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...17#post5309317

EDIT: What have changed since the extended beta:

- ALL unit stats have been updated, balanced and finetuned. Now it really makes a difference which units are used in different regions.

- 3 new units added, two taken out (see last unit presentation post). All in all there are 30 new extra units for Rome coming with this addon.

- Added officers and standard bearers to several units

- Some merc units also added to other factions

- Most text descriptions for the units have been updated (thanks a lot to Hesus de Bodemloze for help with gallic and germanic units)

- Some other bugfixes and small changes

- Adjustments impacting AI army composition (LT's idea)

- and also some hidden surprises that I will not disclose now but let the player discover himself

EDIT: Unit Addon [VERSION 1.2] is now released. For download follow the links below:

Install right over previous installation.

Changes:
    - One unit, Etolia Cavalry (mercenaries in Greece) has been taken out due to graphical issues. Your save game should be fine unless you have already recruited this unit. If so, disband the unit before installing this Unit Addon version 1.2.
    - Further unit balancing (mass)
    - Script fixes
    - Various graphical fixes

Changes included in patch 1.1 included:
    - Legate Ancillaries effects adjusted
    - AI superpower fix adjustments
    - AI naval fixes
    - Fixed the coding error causing CTDs when entering battles with new Gallic Cavalry

Download at Rapidshare

Download at Filefront

Download at Fileplanet

Download at Megaupload

Enjoy!

S u l l a & LT1956
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Default Re: ***SPQR 7.0 1.2 patched Addon Download***

I started a new thread because the other was getting bogged by old information. Use this thread to download and ask about the addon.

I SUGGEST HIGHLY to everyone using the Addon already to DOWNLOAD this version which has all the fixes and is saved game compatible.

lt1956
    Lt_1956

Well I got everything to work it looks like it's going well since I got it out of program files. Though when I fought Gaul in my first battle the enemy general did a suicide deal. He came out with some barbarian cavalry, the barbarian cavalry turned tail and went back into formation, the general stayed there got hit by my cavalry and AI reinforcements from the city. He lasted a long time then died. The reinforcement AI town hastati were acting as if they were being charged and flying up in the air while fighting him. I hardly have any time to play right now but I'll restart in a few days and see how it goes looking forward to it.

Mont's Avatar Tiro
    Townsville(home of the power puff girls) Australia

Just downloaded the addon, thank you LT, Sulla, and all involved, you all keep breathing knew life into RTW.

I think you will find the addon ADDS alot to the gameplay IMO it does for me. The stability with factions not attacking eachother is really really nice. You dont feel as rushed now because of it. They stay put.
    Lt_1956

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956 View Post
    I think you will find the addon ADDS alot to the gameplay IMO it does for me. The stability with factions not attacking eachother is really really nice. You dont feel as rushed now because of it. They stay put.
    Yeah i noticed those diplomacy reports of greeks breaking there alliance with Dacia and at the same time becoming allies with macedonia and dacia again. This gives me some time to play on a slower level.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Hesus de bodemloze View Post
    Yeah i noticed those diplomacy reports of greeks breaking there alliance with Dacia and at the same time becoming allies with macedonia and dacia again. This gives me some time to play on a slower level.
    Yeah, I have the same side effect with those messages. The superpower fix works though, which I think is most important. The "Julii message" is gone with latest adjustments.

Mont's Avatar Tiro

I have started a new campaign, have not played SPQR for some time, still as challenging as ever. I have a question about loyalty, none of my generals have any, is this a new feature, or has it been removed from the game?.

I have installed the addon over the original addon, perhaps thats the issue, but I can't say that I've seen any real change in any of my generals, 213BC, dancing with the gauls in northen Italy.
    Last edited by Mont; October 18, 2009 at 07:59 AM.

Yes, it is a feature. Loyalty is still there but we removed the rings. The new version can be installed right over the old and it is save game compatible. Just make sure you have NOT recruited the etolia cavalry (mercs in greece) in your save game, since we removed them for the addon (graphical issues).

Mont's Avatar Tiro

Thanks for the reply Sulla, it makes me feel good knowing all is Ok.

Samariten's Avatar Senator

Nice to see some adjustments being made for this fine mod

Hey did you change how hoplites work? I've seen this new formation in a mod for EB a while ago, and I think it is a great addition, they fight more like a hoplite now instead of individual spearmen

EDIT

And the factionshields have been changed, they look even better now
    Last edited by Ejergard; October 18, 2009 at 08:42 PM.

In SPQR 7.0 these changes were made and before in 6.4 so you must have not played SPQR in a while. The shield icons were changed to polish the mod up a little.
    Lt_1956

Ah, I saw a mercernary hoplite unit, and thought all hoplites was made to fight in that style. I'ld very much like to see all hoplites fight in the same style as these:

Well everything is running smoothly this is a great game and far superior to the vanilla version. Definitely feels epic, creating an empire is not easy and takes a lot of time and thinking. So thanks to all of the creators it's great quality. The only problem I've noticed is that the enemy generals die near the very beginning of the battles. From what I recall before the add on they stayed clear for quite a while and they frequently charged my lines then withdrew and recharged again, or charged and then when in trouble take off.

Meh, probably a fluke. Depending on my formations and theirs, I'll go through periods with kamikaze generals, then it'll go back to the usual hit-and-fade stuff.

About the only way to fix that is to make them Missile units. Hoplites in since SPQR 6.0 fought like that, its only the macedon style phalanx that fights different.
    Lt_1956

Hm, my greek hoplites, armored hoplites, spartans and that other unit fights with the old overhead style though, and they always have afaik, since 6.4 atleast. They still do in v7.0 w/ unitaddon 1.2

They should fight overhead, thats the way the greeks fought, only the macedonians fought the vanilla style. I thought you meant something else.

Lt
    Lt_1956

Rtw 1.5+SPQR mod+ legate ancillaries+unit addon 1.2 or i need instaling and unit addon1 + unit addon patch 1.1?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast