Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita v1.1.0 - FAQ, Troubleshooting, and Bug Reports

Default Re: FAQ, Troubleshooting and Bug Reports (current: v1.0.9)

I have never gotten to 1775 myself, and I have never had a CTD from clicking on the trade menu... Perhaps reinstalling ETW? Just keep your saves... Good luck.

Deciphering The Zodiac - Check It Out!

grandpa's Avatar Elite Bytebumbler

Quote Originally Posted by Tan Zhi Han View Post
    I have never gotten to 1775 myself, and I have never had a CTD from clicking on the trade menu... Perhaps reinstalling ETW? Just keep your saves... Good luck.
    thank you very much for your response. I think I'll just be less inquisitive at this point lol. I didnt have the problem in the early game, and gp are not an issue at this point on the game (12mil gp), if I run accross this in the early period of a new campaign I will let you know, and I will prolly decide on the 24 hour reload at that point. Thanks again

oops, #1. seems I have a problem. Playing as Venice in new campaign the year is 1732 or so, three times in a row i got this. also, #2.last night noticed occassions where i would click on a unit in my stack, then click another, and both would be selected without having used the ctrl button. a bit problematic in battle. I have no clue if this is APE/ti related, just thought I would throw it out there, see if anyone else has ever experienced this.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

@Grandpa -- Are you on a Hewlett Packard (HP) Computer by any chance?

The only machines I have seen an issue like you are describing (the what seems to be a stuck shift status) has been on HP machines. Let me know!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

l33t, i used to know a way to show what i got, but i have forgotten how (done ate and slept since then LOL), however, its a amd athlon 64 dualcore, with no hewlett in sight that I know of. its an "elitegroup Motherboard' precisely what i could'nt tell you. I know it is'nt no where near the rigs I hear some folks have, but this is the first problem I've had with it loading a saved game ever....however, i went back couple years to a previous save, and got it to work. as far as the units selection without ctrl click, i dunno, never seen that before either. last night had to restart puter, and after about 30 mins, it started doing it again. played that whole campaign as GB and never missed a lick, so I'm stumped. As always your prompt and courteous response is tremendously appreciated!! you folks are awesome.

TheGeat's Avatar Miles

Hello! I tried this mod out the other day and it was a great improvment of the vanilla game. I did however notice that some nations still had their vanilla textures(prussia among others) so i'm simply wondering what this mod includes in the terms of new textures and units/models. Iv'e already gone through the changelogg but perhaps i've missed something. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeat View Post
    Hello! I tried this mod out the other day and it was a great improvment of the vanilla game. I did however notice that some nations still had their vanilla textures(prussia among others) so i'm simply wondering what this mod includes in the terms of new textures and units/models. Iv'e already gone through the changelogg but perhaps i've missed something. Cheers
    There are some units that are replaced -- you can see which units if you use the PackfileManager to look into the apeti_skins.pack.

Prussia is one of the major nations that does not have a retexture for their line infantry -- though countries like Britain, France, the Netherlands, and some others have new textures.

We also use a very early version of the Ottoman Realism textures the team graciously let us use.

I've also used Waronmar's French Republic skins to give the post-republic french units their tri-colors.

We also have Spanky's Proper Militia included!

You can also edit the start_apeti.bat file and add in any skin packs that would normally work with ModManager!

TheGeat's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by l33tl4m3r View Post
    There are some units that are replaced -- you can see which units if you use the PackfileManager to look into the apeti_skins.pack.

Prussia is one of the major nations that does not have a retexture for their line infantry -- though countries like Britain, France, the Netherlands, and some others have new textures.

We also use a very early version of the Ottoman Realism textures the team graciously let us use.

I've also used Waronmar's French Republic skins to give the post-republic french units their tri-colors.

We also have Spanky's Proper Militia included!

You can also edit the start_apeti.bat file and add in any skin packs that would normally work with ModManager!
    This makes it more clear for me. Thanks for the help!

Default Re: [Open BETA] *BAI Shots* Early and Late Campaign + Launcher + Warpath Units + Elite Units of America

I feel I must report an error I have come across in this outstanding modification. I am currently in a two front war in Europe right now and when I take command of my armies in France, the terrain has a sort of rainbow texture to it. I do not have this error in eastern european confilcts.

Do you know the source of this bug? I hope I have been of assistance by providing you with this information!

- Mr. L.E.E.

Default Re: [Open BETA] *BAI Shots* Early and Late Campaign + Launcher + Warpath Units + Elite Units of America

i got thos bug once too i just quit and restarted ape ti worked fine after that!

Might I ask what region Mr. America?

Think I had that bug aswhell but it was a long time ago and I dident have this mod installed then but as I had other mods instaled it culd be from mods, but im not sure.

EDIT: Hapened to me in a russian region if I remember correctly, think it was winter time.

But I did just as Mr. America and it worked fine for me after that.
    Last edited by Erik3E; February 07, 2010 at 05:40 PM.

Strange coincidence! This error only happens during the winter for me as well!

Report here if you have any trouble playing the mod after the DLC patch!

You can try this;
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=331099

...until we properly integrate the new DLC if there is a problem!
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; February 08, 2010 at 10:51 AM.

So far, because of the way the mod is designed, the DLC units won't be available but they will not crash the game either -- so far as I can tell from my quick testing.

There will be a new pack like the EUA and NAN packs from APE: TI -- there will also be an update to the localization, though Swiss may finish one sooner.

Expect a full compatibility patch soon!

Most excellent news old boy!

Try the BETA patch but read the new posts!

The localization should be UCP capable with all DLC and new APE: TI names complete!

Unfortunately it has become a bit late around my parts but I will be sure to give this a try tomorrow!

Default Compatible with Darthmod?

Hello!

I have DMUC installed in a separate ETW directory plus my original and empty Vanilla ETW directory. If I install APE:TI on the vanilla directory, will it run together with Darthmod, or will one of them break?
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

Default Re: Compatible with Darthmod?

Quote Originally Posted by Louis XI View Post
    Hello!

I have DMUC installed in a separate ETW directory plus my original and empty Vanilla ETW directory. If I install APE:TI on the vanilla directory, will it run together with Darthmod, or will one of them break?
    APE: TI is modfoldered -- the mods do NOT work together -- you will be able to play one or the other, though.