Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions and Answers. FAQ- First post contains vital information!!!

Default Re: Questions and Answers. FAQ- Reading of the first post is compulsory! Keep up with its updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Timorfeys View Post
    Outlawstar15a2, faction leader gets mark of chaos due to his lack of piety
    So how do I lower his piety? The damn thing won't come down!

But that explains why Nordland was suddenly excommunicated without warning while I was playing Averland.

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Questions and Answers. FAQ- Reading of the first post is compulsory! Keep up with its updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    So how do I lower his piety? The damn thing won't come down!
    open console: give_trait "name" BadDenouncer 5 Or you can check in export_descr_traits for other piety lowering traits!

quick question
    how long should the music patch take to install after download?
    (will run tomorrow)

Quote Originally Posted by Amos View Post
    quick question
    how long should the music patch take to install after download?
    (will run tomorrow)
    Depends on what program your using to extract the archive, the speed of your computer and amount of RAM, which Operating System your using, and How fracked your OS's copy/move file subsystem is.

If your using Vista like me (it wasn't my first choice of OS), and have a nice system like me, and are using a good program like WinRAR which is what I use, and if Vista decides to behave when it copies the files should take 10-15 seconds. If Vista is having some PMS day it could take upwards of 2 hours.

Why is Vista a factor? Because the devs have set the archive up to not extract directly to the destination folder you'll have to manually take the files out of the folder the extract creates and put them where needed. Or you can set the archive to "Not preserve exact paths" but then each directory has to be extracted individually which is a pain.

When I did it Vista was cooperative and I did not suffer the "Vista copy file glitch" there I was able to do it in 15 seconds including the time to navigate the folders as needed. So it was straight forward for me.

PSIHOPAT's Avatar Senator

Question :

Is possible to be fixed solid missile from catapults and cannons,making them to continue to jump over the ground until they loose their speed and stop ?

Explosive shells explode at the impact killing many soldiers in a circular area,but also solid ones are very dangerous,being able to make "high ways" in massed infantry lines.
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT; January 08, 2010 at 02:41 AM.

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by PSIHOPAT View Post
    Question :

Is possible to be fixed solid missile from catapults and cannons,making them to continue to jump over the ground until they loose their speed and stop ?

Explosive shells explode at the impact killing many soldiers in a circular area,but also solid ones are very dangerous,being able to make "high ways" in massed infantry lines.
    That would be cool but it isn't possible.
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.

I think it can be possible....and i say that because i saw this in one series of Total War,but i can't remember now.

I will search and i will come with the answer.

Maybe is in Rome Total War...but i am not sure...

As i told...i will try to find the answer...

Scipio praeditus's Avatar Decanus

I just got the MTW II Kingdoms gold edition, my question is if I need to install all four of the campaigns or just the teutonic campaign?
    The Americas, Crusade and britain campaign take up 3 GB of hard disk space so it would be nice if I could do without them.
    "The only question that remained was whether the founders knew the final result of their creation, or if they themselves where the victims of a misunderstanding.
    In the latter case it was the duty of any thinking human, to press himself into the front of this depraved movement, to perhaps still prevent the extreme, in the former case the founders of this peoples disease must have been true devils; for only in the brain of a monster - not of a human - could the plan for an organisation take meaningfull form, whose purpose must lead toward the end result of a collapse of human culture and thus to the desolation of the world.
    In this case only battle remained as a means of final delivery, battle with any weapons that the human mind, intellect and will are able to comprehend, regardless, of whom fate would gift with it's blessing."

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

I think it can be possible....and i say that because i saw this in one series of Total War,but i can't remember now.

I will search and i will come with the answer.

Maybe is in Rome Total War...but i am not sure...

As i told...i will try to find the answer...
    If it is any other than M2TW than sadly it is not possible because the engines of RTW, M2TW and ETW simply aren't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio praeditus View Post
    I just got the MTW II Kingdoms gold edition, my question is if I need to install all four of the campaigns or just the teutonic campaign?
    The Americas, Crusade and britain campaign take up 3 GB of hard disk space so it would be nice if I could do without them.
    You have to only install one campagin but it must not be the Teutonic one, trust me.
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.

Developers are interested in adding 'Looting Mod" as a sub mod for CoWH ?
    It is need just for permission and credit from/for Germanicu5.
    Can be adapted by Germanicu5 without very much effort.
    Is a small mod but i like them very much.
    It make the player to be happy for every fight...and to want more....it remove boring from endless battles for no reward
    In fact...this is what he make....add reward after battle,depending by the tipe of the victory.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ht=looting+mod
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT; January 09, 2010 at 12:35 AM.

Developers are interested in adding 'Looting Mod" as a sub mod for CoWH ?
    It is need just for permission and credit from/for Germanicu5.
    Can be adapted by Germanicu5 without very much effort.
    Is a small mod but i like them very much.
    It make the player to be happy for every fight...and to want more....it remove boring from endless battles for no reward
    In fact...this is what he make....add reward after battle,depending by the tipe of the victory.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ht=looting+mod
    Sounds good, make it a sub-mod and people will be swarming to get a hold of it, I would at least.
    Last edited by Scipio praeditus; January 09, 2010 at 12:49 AM.
    "The only question that remained was whether the founders knew the final result of their creation, or if they themselves where the victims of a misunderstanding.
    In the latter case it was the duty of any thinking human, to press himself into the front of this depraved movement, to perhaps still prevent the extreme, in the former case the founders of this peoples disease must have been true devils; for only in the brain of a monster - not of a human - could the plan for an organisation take meaningfull form, whose purpose must lead toward the end result of a collapse of human culture and thus to the desolation of the world.
    In this case only battle remained as a means of final delivery, battle with any weapons that the human mind, intellect and will are able to comprehend, regardless, of whom fate would gift with it's blessing."

One question because the install instructions left me a little confused.

If this has to be installed over 1.01 why am I told to delete the teutonic folder?

I think the guide is very clear

Installation:
    1. Run the installer.
    2. Try to keep the installation path in line with the place where you lay Kingdoms.exe file
    3. Install patch
    4. Run the game from the old label
    Give them specified path and that is all
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT; January 09, 2010 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    One question because the install instructions left me a little confused.

If this has to be installed over 1.01 why am I told to delete the teutonic folder?
    That only aplies to a new instalation, in which case you only have to rename the teutonic folder.
    When patching I would refer you to the above post.
    Last edited by Scipio praeditus; January 09, 2010 at 08:42 PM.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

First of all, awesome patch! Darkelves and dwarven castles looks just amazing!
    And now for the question; What culture each faction uses, for example Middle-eastern is for Orcs

Edit: Thanks Timorfeys, I found it
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; January 10, 2010 at 05:00 PM.

Is there another place to download 1.01? The single download link from that site has died out on the download link, and the four piece set for 1.01 has a 30~ minute download cool down between each part, and I can only download one part at a time.

Bah, of course the link goes out when I had to reformat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    First of all, awesome patch! Darkelves and dwarven castles looks just amazing!
    And now for the question; What culture each faction uses, for example Middle-eastern is for Orcs
    islendil posted somethere here all list "who is who"
    Try "forym search" on his posts by name.
    CoW (Rage of the Dark Gods)team
    From Russia with love.

Is there any work in progress for custom units voices ?

Could you re-upload 1.01 version in one link? it would be much easier to download it without this all... parts.

Does the "Troll country" region have a settlement? Could be on purpose just asking.
    "One more question about troll and i became troll myself." - Timorfeys