Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Skins Workshop

Default Re: Skins for CoW 1.02

What right do people have to continually criticise work, and complain, when they can't be bothered to put in the leg work to help Beren and other modders like him, to produce the best mod they can? There are a few who just leech others work with little thanks, and it's disappointing, to say the least.

As to Beren, lovely work! I'm reinstalling 1.02 this weekend, so should be able to get back to you on that there - I'll go into the Custom battle and test.

Just a question - are these units also placed in the EDB for the Campaign? Cheers!

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

Zikko's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    What right do people have to continually criticise work, and complain, when they can't be bothered to put in the leg work to help Beren and other modders like him, to produce the best mod they can? There are a few who just leech others work with little thanks, and it's disappointing, to say the least.

As to Beren, lovely work! I'm reinstalling 1.02 this weekend, so should be able to get back to you on that there - I'll go into the Custom battle and test.

Just a question - are these units also placed in the EDB for the Campaign? Cheers!
    Hmm.. this post seems a bit rage filled. I dont know have you been reading the same thread since as far as I know we've been supporting and encouraging Beren.

Is there a possibility to re-overwrite certain files with the old ones, so that I can use your Elves reskin but keep the colourful shields for High Elven Spearmen?

~Beren~ hi!
    We have an idea to use yours new chaos skins as armor upgrade for our next official patch.
    How you looking on it?
    CoW (Rage of the Dark Gods)team
    From Russia with love.

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

@PSIHOPAT Hmmm, the new pack fixed your CTD, but the only problem now is the silver horse texture? I could probably fix that, but I need to know if everyone else is experiencing the same problem. For all I know, it could have something to do with your installation of CoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    It's quite all right, Vaz. PSIHOPAT has been very helpful these past few days, and I'm thankful for that. If he has a problem then I am willing to help him fix it

Thank you, I'd appreciate that.

EBD = export_descr_buildings.txt, correct?

If so, then there is no need. Each faction uses the same model, but they only use one texture file. I merely tweaked the texture paths in battle_models.modeldb to make each faction use separate textures.

Quote Originally Posted by White Dwarf View Post
    Is there a possibility to re-overwrite certain files with the old ones, so that I can use your Elves reskin but keep the colourful shields for High Elven Spearmen?
    You wish to keep the original shield textures? Or my reskinned ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Timorfeys View Post
    ~Beren~ hi!
    We have an idea to use yours new chaos skins as armor upgrade for our next official patch.
    How you looking on it?
    I'd be honored, Timorfeys.

Regarding the progress with the Tzeentch reskin, I changed my mind of a mixed color pattern for the armor. I tried it in-game, and it was... kind of awkward looking. So, I decided on a full recolor. I used textures from the Tzeentch chosen to save time, and replaced Khorne-ish symbols on their shields with Tzeentch's. Oh, and I also made the skulls transparent so you can see the details better:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

PSIHOPAT's Avatar Senator

~Beren~

Thx for your nice intention man,but i already fixed that reinstalling the mod.

About Tzeetcl => i like them how they look.
    Very good idea making skulls transparent.

I suggest you to make the same thing for cloaks.

Quote Originally Posted by PSIHOPAT View Post
    ~Beren~

Thx for your nice intention man,but i already fixed that reinstalling the mod.

About Tzeetcl => i like them how they look.
    Very good idea making skulls transparent.

I suggest you to make the same thing for cloaks.
    Oh, that's good to hear then

I wanted to try and make the cloaks transparent, but unfortunately it would mean that half of the shoulder pads would be invisible since they are attached.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

The Tzeentch look great! Can't wait to see more

Is perfect nothign more to say xD

the marauders have the pale skin now??

Quote Originally Posted by Karion View Post
    Is perfect nothign more to say xD

the marauders have the pale skin now??
    They will... eventually

PSIHOPAT's Avatar Senator

I suggest to use some models like this for shields

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/...t_nov08-01.jpg

I also like the skin from the face of this one
    http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/...t_may09_03.jpg

Is so sad you don't know how to take of their helmets and cloaks.
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT; January 17, 2010 at 05:59 AM.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by White Dwarf

You wish to keep the original shield textures? Or my reskinned ones?
    I'd love to keep the original shield textures, but have, apart from that, your (great!) reskinned High Elves.

Those Tzeentch warriors look awsome.

How you looking on it?
    Timorfeys

Does this means that unupgraded Chaos units will still be brown and change colours after upgrade?

MIK TG, yes. Like they take iniciation ceremony to ther god.
    CoW (Rage of the Dark Gods)team
    From Russia with love.

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Timorfeys View Post
    Maybe the name of the building should be changed from Blacksmith to something else like a initiation temple or something.
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.

Quote Originally Posted by White Dwarf View Post
    I'd love to keep the original shield textures, but have, apart from that, your (great!) reskinned High Elves.
    Oh... I'm afraid that my reskins replace the original texture files, and unless you've made a backup of those files, you'll either have to re-download the mod to grab them or have someone upload the original textures.

The files you're looking for are Att_HE_Spearmen_diff.texture and Att_HE_Spearmen_norm.texture located in "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\teutonic\data\unit_models\_units\warhammer\High_elf\model\attachmentsets"

I don't have the original files since I replaced them with my reskins, sorry.

Default Re: Beren's Workshop

Although I would reupload the mod if necessary, in fact I did make a backup, so thanks alot for your help customizing the High Elven Army!

I like this idea, but at the same time I'm concerned that there will be a lot of brown chaos vs brown chaos battles at the beginning of the campaign.

Maybe the name of the building should be changed from Blacksmith to something else like a initiation temple or something.
    Good idea. It would be cool if temples of diffrent goods give diffrent upgrades to units. For example: Khorne temple +1 atack and + 1 charge, Nurgle temple +2 defend etc. but i don't know if it is possible to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by MIK TG View Post
    Good idea. It would be cool if temples of diffrent goods give diffrent upgrades to units. For example: Khorne temple +1 atack and + 1 charge, Nurgle temple +2 defend etc. but i don't know if it is possible to implement.
    I don't know if it's possible, but that sounds great.

In any case, I'm back to show you guys the Tzeentch Marauder. It's not completely done - I just need to add a few more tattoos etc. I just wanted to show everyone some progress:

I'm not sure if you can tell by the picture, but their skin has a small blue-ish tint so it's not completely grey. What are your thoughts? Should I increase the blue-ish tint or is it fine as it is?

And before I leave you all for the night, I also wanted to show you this last bit:

i think the marauder are ok with that colour, too much blue can make them look mutated like the choosen

btw i lol with the pinky warriors of chaos running, is like they say ''fly like a buttefly and hit like a mutated warrior'', sorry bad joke xD