Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Napoleon Bug Report Thread

Default First bug to emerge

Yes, my childrens, we got a bug.
    AI can't define obstracles. If enemy regiment is hidden by the hill but withing firing range - AI will fire, wasting bullets and hitting the hill.

Default Re: First bug to emerge

What????!!??

You didn't know about the war-ants?
    "oooh a gypsy wind is blowing warm tonight, sky is starlit and the time is right. Now you're telling me you have to go...before you do there's something you should know." - Bob Seger

Freedom is the distance between church and state.

So move them manually or exploit the inexperienced colonel?

I'm not sure that's a bug. The point of a hill is to provide defilade; if you've got your men on fire-at-will or tell them to shoot at a guy on the other side of a hill, and they try and do it, is that their fault or yours?

Default Re: NTW bug thread

More of a graphical anomaly than a bug:

Smoke that billows from exploded/on fire ship gets overlaid by 'hull swell' from ship behind it.

That is, the minor waves caused by the hull of a boat in the background are superimposed atop the smoke billowing from a ship in the foreground. Hope that makes sense.

System:

Win7
    Q9XXX CPU
    nVidia 9800 GT

Sometimes i have AA and sometimes not....wtf???

I've had three CTDs in a row now. Every time I try to open the game and load my previous two saves, it crashes at the load screen...

Quite a few bugs:

1. I was playing a fleet battle as england vs spain. Their fleet's flags(big ones for gameplay purposes) were british!! See attached pick.

2. Agents getting on and off ships are buggy (sometimes they don't get on or off).

3. CTD during drop-in-battle.

4. On one loading screen the loader just keptflashing and would not fully load so i had to ctrl-alt-delete.

Thats after 5-6 hrs gameplay
    Last edited by Skouser; February 26, 2010 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMac View Post
    I just had my first ctd after playing for an hour. It was during a naval battle.
    I've had this twice, both after quite some time fighting
    Keep this site happy & report flamming and abusive posts ASAP
    Everytime I learn something new, it pushes old stuff out of my brain -Homer (Simpson)
    Under the Honoured Patronage of the Divus Sulla. Please visit The Living Past Forum
    Patron of the Civitates Ozymandias & Dan_Grr

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Fritzl View Post
    Yes, my childrens, we got a bug.
    AI can't define obstracles. If enemy regiment is hidden by the hill but withing firing range - AI will fire, wasting bullets and hitting the hill.

I saw something similar. A reinforcing AI artillery unit entered the battle, unlimbered in a town far removed from the fighting, and proceeded directly firing into a building.

Other bugs:

From the number of posts here and in other threads there appears to be an issue with random CTDs occuring in battles. I've been lucky so far with just experiencing this problem once, but it does appear to be a bug.

I too have noticed that reinforcement units still retain the "floating flag" icon despite having them turned off.

I've also noticed some synch problems with cannon fire sounds with the "firing" sound sometimes occuring a couple seconds after the cannon actually fired.

Also, not sure if it's a bug, but you can no longer change the facing of group formations when the game is paused like you could with ETW.

♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔'s Avatar Wyrd biõ ful ãræd

Quote Originally Posted by sampat1 View Post
    Have any of you noticed that if you select 'never' to flags appearing over units, they still appear on reinforcements. Its happened to me every battle reinforcements are involved in. I really dont like those flags

Yes I've had this with reinforcements also ..

This one ain't a bug but a mistake ... A place holder I dare say 4gotten about ... Austrian Armed citizens

Vicks's Avatar Laetus

Having problems with stuck units.

Especially with artillery from reinforcing amries. They tend to enter the map in inaccesable terrain, which meens you can't get to them an kill them. At the same time they just stop and go on the spot, as the unit cant really move anywhere the pathfinding goes crazy. Have lost quite a few battles now because i've had to quit the battle not wanting to wait for the timer to run out.

BTW the Oldenburg lancer unit uses the Regiment of Horse unitcard from ETW, dont know if that is a bug or not, just seems to be in a different style that the new ones, so it looks wrong somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Grindstone View Post
    I've had three CTDs in a row now. Every time I try to open the game and load my previous two saves, it crashes at the load screen...
    I'd like to caveat this that now NONE of my save games are loading. They all crash at the load screen.

Just. Awesome. I guess Napoleon was never meant to be defeated after all.

If you have disabled unit flags -> reinforcements will still have the unit flag above them (minor bug)

Taran01's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksmarshal View Post
    I didn't see a bug thread yet, forgive me if there already is one but I wanted to report a couple bugs I am having with NTW.

My units don't have any faction colors and are pure white from time to time, in the pic below its from a siege battle when I invaded Saxony. All of my settings are on ultra and it goes back to normal if I reload the battle.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I am having this exact problem. However Reloading does not help me. I end up shutting down the game, and relaunching to correct the issue.

**Update**

I just had this issue again and I noticed it seems to happen when I fight the Spanish. Could be a coincidence, thought I would add it in case someone els is having this while fighting the Spanish too. I am going to drop my texture setting from Ultra to High and see if that helps.
    Last edited by Taran01; February 26, 2010 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taran01 View Post
    I am having this exact problem. However Reloading does not help me. I end up shutting down the game, and relaunching to correct the issue.
    have you tried reverifying the steam files and apart from that reinstalling your graphics driver, i was having some graphical anomalies and i completely removed all traces of my graphics driver and reinstalled. and now its running better, no more anomalies.

I've just had a rather bizarre glitch during a naval battle. Playing as the British, I was about to rout the last French frigate with a broadside when the game seemed to 'pause' itself, for lack of a better term. I could still move the camera around, zoom in and out, even jump to units by double-clicking on their unit card. I couldn't select any units, however, issue any real commands, or use any of the UI buttons (I thought I might have actually paused the game by accident - not the case).

This doesn't seem to be a case of NTW freezing, as my task manager still listed the game as 'Running', rather than 'Not responding'. I haven't been able to recreate this problem, either.
    Son of Sétanta
    Protected by the Legion of Rahl
    Proud corporal in the house of God Emperor Nicholas
    I am a spark, soon to become a flame, and grow into an inferno...

Taran01's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by freelancerX View Post
    have you tried reverifying the steam files and apart from that reinstalling your graphics driver, i was having some graphical anomalies and i completely removed all traces of my graphics driver and reinstalled. and now its running better, no more anomalies.

I am running Windows 7 and it automatically updates the drivers. I had Windows XP prior to this and I would manually remove and clean and reinstall the drivers.

I'm not sure how to do that with Windows 7 though. NVidia released drivers for Windows 7 for the auto update. Ive been concerned Ill mess something up if I start manually doing it, like I did with XP. Also, I have quite a few games and have not had any issues with them.

Any other Win 7 people out there that manually update their NVidia drivers?

Taran01's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Scythe View Post
    I've just had a rather bizarre glitch during a naval battle. Playing as the British, I was about to rout the last French frigate with a broadside when the game seemed to 'pause' itself, for lack of a better term. I could still move the camera around, zoom in and out, even jump to units by double-clicking on their unit card. I couldn't select any units, however, issue any real commands, or use any of the UI buttons (I thought I might have actually paused the game by accident - not the case).

This doesn't seem to be a case of NTW freezing, as my task manager still listed the game as 'Running', rather than 'Not responding'. I haven't been able to recreate this problem, either.
    I had this exact thing happen during a land battle last night. I've only had it happen that one time though. Its odd because the game seems paused but all the cards, and sounds are still acting like its running. Not looping sounds, ongoing sounds like the game is running even though its "paused" on screen.

Can not confirm but I was looking out for this: Can anyone tell me if they have had any naval invasions in their Grand Campaign because atm as France I'm at war with all the major powers and Britain never invades by sea, even though my northern coasts are undefended. All they do is sit there waiting for me to come and only blockade the Batavian Rep.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Ironclad with incorrect 80-gun steamship texture.