Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Napoleon Bug Report Thread

Default Re: NTW bug thread

a picture of the black units bug, also the sky blackened out.

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Wow, only half of the sky though.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default BUG REPORTS

Post all bugs here.

If you have links to confirm more than one instance, add those to your post.

Any pictures of bugs, post, with an explanation of what we're seeing.

All error messages can be added.

Keep it civil. Please, no rants, no flames.

Check this to see if it's already covered: http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/68870. Many are.
    Last edited by irishron; March 04, 2010 at 04:31 PM. Reason: misspell

I'm about to throw my computer out the window so help me god. I have yet to make it past turn 20 in my French European campaign due to ctd's in about 9/10 battles. I have restarted the campaign, tried reloading the battles multiple times, tried drastically lowering my graphic settings, all to no avail. N:TW seems fun for the ten minutes at a time I can play, so any help would be appreciated.
    My specs are: -AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-core processor-3.25 GB RAM-NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO all on WIndows Vista I dunno what else to put.

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Gustav21 View Post
    I'm about to throw my computer out the window so help me god. I have yet to make it past turn 20 in my French European campaign due to ctd's in about 9/10 battles. I have restarted the campaign, tried reloading the battles multiple times, tried drastically lowering my graphic settings, all to no avail. N:TW seems fun for the ten minutes at a time I can play, so any help would be appreciated.
    My specs are: -AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-core processor-3.25 GB RAM-NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO all on WIndows Vista I dunno what else to put.
    A copy of the error report would help.
    "I'll tell you what rule sir....we applied Rule 303. We caught them and we shot them under RULE THREE OH THREE!"

"Shoot straight you bastards, don't make a mess of it!"

Sir Nicholas Altman's Avatar Campidoctor

Bugs I noticed so far;
    1) Italian camp. Austria Armed Citizens have ETW soldier as officer
    2. Egypt camp. Turkish general (some with a special name) is all ETW line soldiers

In SP/MP battle lobby you cant get right click info panel on the extra 15 units. In game it work but in the lobby it doesn't. But only for extra units.
    Last edited by Sir Nicholas Altman; March 02, 2010 at 02:07 AM.

Another absolutely stupid, idiotic bug, carried over from ETW. Sometimes, regular troops swap numbers with artillery after a battle played in the field, so arty appears like 120-strong and troops are down to 16 or something. In ETW, at least you could use 120 man arty as a large unit (actually all 120 peeps showed up on the field in subsequent battles) but here the game just kills extra men on arties when I try to use them in battle but DOES NOT return them to the original unit. WTF? When will they fix this, this bug was in the game for over a YEAR now! Just how stupid are people who made this game?

Probably already mentioned but the floating flags (which I really like the design of now btw, far superior to Empire) get easily broken during the battles with all icons (experience, unit type etc) getting on top of each other and losing their positioning. Doesn't happen with all units at once, just hear and there.

Praepositus
    Citizen

Default Re: BUG REPORTS

Firstly: There is also the bugs thread in the NTW General Discussion area: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=335192
    Secondly: Isishron, you might want to change your OP a little bit. I don't think we can post buses here.

Units getting fatigued when kneeling behind walls

AI units disappearing randomly then reappearing

Picture in picture feature causing system slow down even when turned off

New ATI drivers cuasing slow downs when cannons fire and explosions go off

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Battle AI:
    1) Suicidal enemy generals who march way ahead of their troops and get shot before battle proper commences. (esp re-inforcement armies)
    2) Friendly fire from artillery. Need to stop firing or change targets if friendly forces in the way.
    Also need firing arc of 90deg, (45deg to left and right) to prevent adjoining batteries slaughtering each other on fire at will.
    (No CTDS though so far!)

Beggar's Avatar Decanus

Don't know if it has been mentioned... but Fire and Advance seems to cause melee bug according to tests I made: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...30#post6873230

It seems like the Picture in Picture is bugged, every time I launching/loading the game or watching a replay I have
    to disable it ones more...

even though that I have disabelet in the main option menu.
    any one else is having this problem?

@James Cook

Yes, it's bugged. Same with turning the mini map off, it just never remembers your settings. Was the same with Empire on release...

Hope they fix this soon. I prefer having the map off (can always get it with F5 anyway) and so far have found the picture in picture annoying.

thx mate

Was the same with Empire on release...
    Yes iam remember that one...lol

hopefully they will realese a patch soon to adress the many isssues

Doesnt sound like a big deal for some of you but i dont liek it that the belgium flag is wrong

It should be black yellow red not red yellow black

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Oops. Thank you.

Vicks's Avatar Laetus

Spies are bugged:

When i try to enter a town with at spy, i get the "agent detected" message, meaning my agent was detected entering town and thus cannot enter. When i dismiss that message and right-click the town to enter it anyway the game allows it everytime. In other word i can enter any settlement succesfully.

Vicks's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by S-te-Fan View Post
    The portrait of napoleon in the diplomacy pannel isn't napoleon.
    Neither is his unit card. Im playing as the british in campaign of the coalition and both the diplomacy icon and the unit card for Napoleon is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rubenandthejets View Post
    A copy of the error report would help.
    Its just a windows message saying that Napoleon: Total War has stopped working. Then it just crashes without fail.