Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Squalor getting you down? - This will help!

Default Re: Squalor getting you down? - This will help!

You're not the only one, Sayel.

Mallyveil's Avatar Laetus

Since many older links on TWcenter have gone down, and OP has not been on in a few months, I've reuploaded it for those who still want it. If OP returns, and wishes for me to take it down, I will gladly. https://www.mediafire.com/?kd4n596hq2onhty

Quote Originally Posted by Mallyveil View Post
    Since many older links on TWcenter have gone down, and OP has not been on in a few months, I've reuploaded it for those who still want it. If OP returns, and wishes for me to take it down, I will gladly. https://www.mediafire.com/?kd4n596hq2onhty
    Thank you very much, i've been looking for this fix for a while but OP was dead and the other link in this thread was down, not everyone want to change things in the files without knowing what they are doing.

Icon14 Re: Squalor getting you down? - This will help!

This is awesomeness at its best.

Always had this problem, never inteded to do anything, so today was the day i was searching for some tips about squalor, and here you are saving my ass..
    This has effected my campaign already, being ready for war vs Schytia, this made my day. :-) THANKS!

thanks started playing rome again recently and squalor was really pissing me off

I totally recognize the squalor issues (as Romans), though I found it an interesting challenge. The squalor was a major issue for me at settlements like Alexandria, Memphis and Carthage. How to solve it without this mod? Some tips:

• When taking cities / large cities, avoid investing in farming tech, as it will give a bonus to population growth. You don't want that.
    • Set your faction's capital close to the area where population is high, most of the time this is around Greece / Egypt.
    • Have a general with high management as a garrison commander in the troublesome cities. I put new generals in a city with a lot of education tech, so they get high management very quickly (couple of years is enough). The management bonus increases public order.
    • Get max taxation as soon as possible to reduce growth (use a large garrison force to keep the public order up).
    • Recruit peasants and disband them in the smaller settlements, this is a form of "migration".

With these tactics, I was able to get huge cities with a stable population around 26.000. It is quite some micromanaging, but I like the fact that it can be done! At some point you will be able to remove the general and the city will be just fine.
    Currently I am playing as Britannia (love the chariots, they are army-destroyers) and they reach max tech at a 6000+ settlement, so I'm not sure if I will run into trouble with this faction.

If you feel the squalor is bugged, then yeah this mod can come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by totaljustice View Post
    I totally recognize the squalor issues (as Romans), though I found it an interesting challenge. The squalor was a major issue for me at settlements like Alexandria, Memphis and Carthage. How to solve it without this mod? Some tips:
    • When taking cities / large cities, avoid investing in farming tech, as it will give a bonus to population growth. You don't want that.
    • Set your faction's capital close to the area where population is high, most of the time this is around Greece / Egypt.
    • Have a general with high management as a garrison commander in the troublesome cities. I put new generals in a city with a lot of education tech, so they get high management very quickly (couple of years is enough). The management bonus increases public order.
    • Get max taxation as soon as possible to reduce growth (use a large garrison force to keep the public order up).
    • Recruit peasants and disband them in the smaller settlements, this is a form of "migration".

With these tactics, I was able to get huge cities with a stable population around 26.000. It is quite some micromanaging, but I like the fact that it can be done! At some point you will be able to remove the general and the city will be just fine. Currently I am playing as Britannia (love the chariots, they are army-destroyers) and they reach max tech at a 6000+ settlement, so I'm not sure if I will run into trouble with this faction. If you feel the squalor is bugged, then yeah this mod can come in handy.
    I read what you posted and... found one point really harmful! It's influence, that give public order, not management(this increase only the income of your city). This was a mistake of you. But the really bad thing: >>Get max taxation as soon as possible to reduce growth (use a large garrison force to keep the public order up).

Umm. This is my first post on this forum. I googled the whole squalor thing and this seems to be the perfect solution to my problems. The problem is - I don't know how to get files from this site. Is there like a "download attached files" button or something? Please reply, I recently got into R:TW again and this is totally ruining my game.

thanks

Thanks for the re-upload.

well thank but no link working

daneus's Avatar Foederatus

The link here works fine.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kd..._buildings.rar

I just downloaded it myself. (27/08/2015)

- Dan

I'm sorry to ask this, but where is the text file on this page? I'm new to both RTW and TWC so I'm kind clueless...lol

Dude so happy people like you exist, I ed up my export file and now RTW won't even load, been looking for a pre-made export file so I don't have to do trial and error to play my game again. Thank you so much for uploading that file on behalf of the author !

wow thanks man DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I wanna thank both the author of this mod and the reuploader, you just made my Rome: Total Mass Murderer Edition gameplay obsolete. I truly got tired of fiddling while Rome burns. Now my uncrucified peasants will once again sing praises to me. Roma Invicta.

Thank you to the mod creator and reuploaders for this. Really looking forward to playing without the insanely high squalor making all my cities revolt.

I tried this out and it feels to me like too overpowered and unbalanced. Makes it TOO EASY to keep the public order in settlements. I'm gonna try reducing the effects to make it more balanced and interesting to use.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ruprecht View Post
    Hey all,

This is a modified export_descr_buildings.txt file that changes the effects of buildings to counter Squalor and also making City micro-management more fun and fluent.

Changes:

Governors villa, governors palace, proconsuls palace, imperial palace upgrades now have a Law bonus due to Governance.

Wooden wall, stone wall, large stone wall, epic stone wall upgrades now have a Happiness bonus due to Security.

Academy, scriptorium, ludus magnus buildings now have a Law bonus due to Education.

Sewers, baths, aqueduct, city plumbing now have a Happiness bonus due to Hygiene and cleanliness.

Odeon, lyceum, theatre, stone amphitheatre, urban amphitheatre, great amphitheatre now have increased Happiness bonus.

This effectively balances out the excessive squalor in RomeTW.

Just copy the file into "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\data" Make sure you backup your original file before hand.

Although most of these buildings are universal, i may have left out some faction specific buildings, which i will look into. Hope you enjoy a more sensible and less frustrating campaign.

Edit: Added addition building effects for Carthage - Egypt -Barbarian factions:

Tavern, bardic circle now have increased Happiness bonus.

Execution square, secret police hq, secret police network now have increased Law bonus.

------
    Re-uploaded file. Sorry, but forum deletes attachments for some reason.
    ------
    Thanks man. the game is impossible to play without this lol.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast