Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1833343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Bronze Age: Total War (Preview & download)

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Bronze Age: Total War (Preview & download)

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanArcher View Post
    Blender?
    And is there a script that permits import and export of cas units?
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

I'm having a CTD (no feedback) when i try to field Luwian Infantry (hittite_infantry_AOR) in Custom Battles. I've checked the descr_model_battle and the EDU but i can't find anything. I even compared it to Hittite Infantry since its almost the same unit and almost everything is identical except textures (which seems ok) and the model_flexi of which i'm suspicious. Do any of you have the same issue?

Hello everyone. I need only to say that this mod needs to be ported to the hosted modifications.

Libertus

Hi everyone,

I’m slowly working on my Wilusa/Arzawa patch. I’ve currently changed the Trojan Guard figure to a slightly reskinned Hittite Royal Guardsman (I’ve given them light blue clothing material). I’m no expert and learning as I go, but they work and look good. I’ve also substituted the Trojan chariot model with a slightly reskinned Hittite Noble Chariot model (again light blue clothing colour) and they work as well. (Hurrah, new models that look Bronze Age!)

I’ve had no problem changing the info card pictures for the Guard figure in photoshop and they appear in the game no problem. I’ve also changed the Trojan Chariot info and unit pictures. They appear changed in the photoshop screen, and I’ve transferred them into the game files.

The chariot picture for the Warlord and his bodyguard has changed to the new picture. But the Qela vdbaqen (Trojan Chariot) picture remains the old picture, even though it’s showing as different in photoshop!

What I did for these pictures is as follows -

From the Bronze/ui/unit info/romano british file I copied the ilium_chariot_INFO and romano_british_warlords_INFO into one folder (named unit info)

From the Bronze/ui/unit info/empire_west file I copied Hittite_charioth_general_info and hittite_nobel_chariots_info (also in the unit info folder)

From the Bronze/ui/units/romano british file I copied the #ilium_chariot and #romano_british_warlords into a folder (named units)

From the Bronze/ui/units/empire_west file I copied #Hittite_charioth_general and #hittite_nobel_chariots (alos in the units folder)

Using Photoshop I sustituted and reskinned the new figures and renamed the following

#Hittite_charioth_general as #romano_british_warlords
    #hittite_nobel_chariots as #ilium_chariot

Hittite_charioth_general_info as romano_british_warlords_INFO
    hittite_nobel_chariots_info as ilium_chariot_INFO

As already stated the warlord info and unit pictures are fine. But the Trojan chariot unit and info pic is still the original (even though it comes up as the new picture when I view this game file in photoshop!)

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Geon

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Keep up the great work Geon ....
    cheers

Libertus

Thanks Daminios, it's just so frustrating not being able to alter the unit figures to what I want. I am using photoshop to recolour and reskin existing figures, and that works well, but I really need to physically change figures as well.does anyone know of a free 3d programme that lets me do this in zr T W? I"ve tried milkshape and gmax with no successRegards Geon

Libertus

Despite not being able to change actual figures, it's coming along pretty well. Using Photoshop on the textures, and mixing units around the various factions, I've totally redone the Dorians, expanded and changed the Wilusans (Trojans), added units to Arzawa, changed the Mycenaean and Theban Elites and added a Myrmidon unit to both. Other changes include giving descriptions to various units, especially Sea Peoples. Still a lot to do, but I may have something ready in about a month

Regards
    Geon

Lets go!

So... can we expect this on Remastered in the future )))

Libertus

For the Bronze Age? I don't think so!

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Exactly my thoughts too ...
    Im happy with one really good mod & look forward to seeing your new units Geon ,
    cheers

Libertus

Thanks Daminios, as I've said, it's coming along slowly but surely. The reskinned Hittite guard looked good but I decided on a reskinned Theban Elite for the Trojan Guard to give him a more Aegean look. The classical looking Trojan archer has been replaced with a dismounted and reskinned Arzawa Chariot archer, and looks amazing. The Trojans can now build Lukka soldiers and skirmishers, and also Teresh and Tjekker. Arzawa also now has Lukka troops and can build the Sherdan, The Mycenaean and Theban Elites have been replaced with uparmoured Mycenaean and Theban heavy troop figures wearing modified Dendra corselets.
    A lot still to do, but it's looking more historically Bronze Age.

Libertus

I seem to get game crashes every time I try to play the Mysians in the Mysians Invasion Provincial Campaign. Strategic movement on the map is fine, but whenever I go into tactical combat mode it crashes, with a message popping up saying a texture in the models_unit texture folder couldn't be found. Has anyone else experienced this?

Libertus

Solved it, the Tursa and Lukka units of the Mysians were causing the problem. Have removed these and modified the campaign parameters and unit ownerships. The Mysians Invasion now works fine

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Well done on that solve ....
    Slowly & carefully will do just fine comrade .
    We are lucky you still have that passion to complete this & make it as best as can be .
    I look forward to playing this very soon ..
    cheers to you Geon

Libertus

Have been doing some play testing. Dark Age and Mysians campaigns are fine. But have come across a Mysians problem in the normal Bronze Age campaign. I was play testing Wilusa and all their new units are working great. Everything is fine until the Mysians horde appears. Suddenly I have 13 Mysians armies at my door (even though the starting Mysians strength in their Mysians campaign is 4 hordes). This however isn't the problem. Many of these hordes still have trs warriors in them, even though I have deleted all tursha units from the Mysians army list and starting armies from the Mysians campaign and it crashes the game.I can only conclude that there is another starting army script somewhere in the data folder, but I have yet to find it. Will keep you posted. PS how do you attach pics to your replies. I've tried to send some screenshots of the new units but so far no luck

Regards
    Geon
    Last edited by geon; September 08, 2021 at 02:15 AM.

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Hello Geon ....
    Hope yr well & safe mate .
    I wish i could help but i know nothing of scripts in RTW , i do dabble in MTW but only in the graphics department .
    I really hope you do find that Mysian problem & it doesn't cut into to much of yr game time .
    It seems the other comrades that helped over the years have moved on , so you are the only active modder that can fix this & any other minor issues it has .
    cheers for now
    Daminios

Libertus

Hi Daminios,

Well, I'm keeping as safe as I can be with the lockdown here in Sydney. As previously stated, I'm a rank beginner at this, and learning as I go along, but I have to say it's coming along. I've currently made about 120 megabytes of changes, and in the 'home stretch'. The Wilusans are practically done, and I'm quite happy with how the Dorians have turned out. I think the Mysians problem may be a case of overlapping files, since I was looking at a previous version of the mod and maybe I double upped on some files. I'll track it down. The Arzawans are also almost done. The main work will then be giving unit descriptions to those units in the game that don't have any, and tidying up the English translation. But despite the limitations I'm working under, I'm surprised with the amount of changes I've done. Stay tuned.

Geon

Libertus

Aaargh, I can't introduce new units because there is a unit limit in the game (which seems to be at maximum already). I had done new units for Myrmidons, Thracians and Karians, but the game won't accept them. I can only reskin and move around existing units. Drats! Well, I'll do what I can.

Libertus

A few problems still to be worked on but I am still at it. We've had more covid cases here in Australia so I don't have as much time for modding as I would like, plus the festive season is kicking in. But I'm half way through the descriptions and playtesting as I go.. Hopefully I'll have something next month.

All the best
    Geon