Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: FOR LAND, LADY AND THE GRAIL!

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: FOR LAND, LADY AND THE GRAIL!

Arabian warband unit???

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by ♔BayonetFodder♔ View Post
    Personally with the addition of merc im thinking of adding characters like the fay enchantress/damsel and other into ancillaries or traits.
    I think Enchantress would make perfect "magic unit" for Bretonnia, like WitchElves. Enchantress as general, and ladys as core-spell casters..

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Any pics for merc. units??

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    The list sounds good to me
    Sound good for you and work for me
    Ps You have deleted my post in deamon prince forum

T&D : do you work on model only or can make animations (bones) too?
    i need your help to make a unit for my mod.

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Just thought i would post a timeline of events in Bretonnia as a bit of fluff

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Moved to OP
    Last edited by BlackTemplar; August 25, 2010 at 10:42 AM.

And some fluff on the Religion of Bretonnia

Moved To OP

Last edited by BlackTemplar; August 25, 2010 at 10:42 AM.

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    T&D : do you work on model only or can make animations (bones) too?
    i need your help to make a unit for my mod.
    Sorry but I don't play with animations(because I don't learn about it).
    But I can try or I will ask for good animation man on forums.
    Ps units:captain Attachment 105026 queneless bowmenAttachment 105027 musicanAttachment 105028 generalAttachment 105030 paladinsAttachment 105029
    Last edited by T&D; August 25, 2010 at 06:48 AM.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar and death View Post
    Sound good for you and work for me
    Ps You have deleted my post in deamon prince forum
    I didn't delete anything

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    I didn't delete anything
    You have deleted post with ,,Delete me''.
    PS It was a joke on the Deamon Prince mod forum.
    Arabian warband Attachment 105042 Breton giants( I could change)Attachment 105043
    [Very little animation bug with head- checked with olog hai animations in TATW.]
    Last edited by T&D; August 25, 2010 at 09:32 AM.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTemplar View Post
    And some fluff on the Religion of Bretonnia

The Lady of the Lake

It is undeniable that the worship of the Lady of the Lake, led by the mysterious figure of the Fey Enchantress and by the Grail Knights, is the dominant religion of Bretonnia. This worship is all-pervasive throughout the cities and the countryside and from the meanest peasants to the greatest nobles.
    The worship of the Lady has many aspects - ponds and groves of trees are sacred to her, and the early Bretonni worshipped her as an earth-goddess, but she is most please by chivalric behaviour and will bless those knights who follow the Commands of Chivalry. Alone among the deities of the Old World, the Lady of the Lake actually appears corporeally to her most devoted followers - those Questing Knights who have proved brave enough and honourable enough to meet with her and drink from the Grail that she is said to bear.
    Before embarking on the Quest for the Grail, and sometimes before other adventures, a knight will be "Shriven and Housled". Being shriven involves a confession of their sins to a Grail Knight, after which they receive an assurance of the Lady's forgiveness - they have been shriven of their sins. Being housled means receiving the Sacrament of the Lady. This is a translucent wafer that has been blessed by the Lady and which is carried by her Damsels and Prophetesses. Eating it is said to bring on ecstatic visions of Grail Knights of the past, and in particular of Gilles the Uniter and the Companions of the Grail. This Sacrament is also sometimes carried into battle by the Damsels and Prophetesses, where it enables the Bretonnians to call upon the Power of the Lady in casting their spells.
    Another mystery surrounds the figure of the Green Knight. This figure appears in places such as groves or pools that are sacred to the Lay when they are threatened by evil. Some say that he is be Gilles the Uniter, send back by the Lady to continue protecting the land, while others say that he is a true spirit, and of supernatural origin. The Green Knight serves a second purpose as well - he issues the final challenge, "None Shall Pass!" to those who seek the Grail. They must defeat him - although killing him is impossible - before they can drink from the sacred chalice.
    The Lady of the Lake does not fit into the normal pantheon of the human races of the Old World, any more than does Sigmar of the Empire, but where Sigmar was a man who was elevated to godhead, the origins of the Lady are unknown. Some have theorised that she may be an aspect of the Elven goddess Isha, others that she is a manifestation of Myrmidia - but while she has aspects of both of these goddesses, neither matches her nature and, moreover, they would not explain the geographical link between her and the land of Bretonnia.
    Yet the 'land of Bretonnia' has been taken on occasion to encompass both the realm of that name and the elven forest of Athel Loren that lies within the same mountarin borders. Could the Lady be linked to the wood elves? Indeed the early Bretonnians believed her to be the queen of a race of earth-spirits - could these be similar to the forest-spirits that share the forest with the elves? It has also often been said that the Fey Enchantress has some of the appearance of an elf - could she be one sent forth into Bretonnia by the Lady? Whatever the truth of this speculation, it is certainly the case that the wood elves know no more of it than the Bretonnians and that unless the Lady chooses to reveal more, then none shall be able to discover it.

2. The Gods of the Old World

Another interesting aspect of Bretonnian religion is the extent to which the other traditional Gods of the Old World - such as Taal and Ulric - have been displaced by the Lady of the Lake. Before battles, the Bretonnians will pray neither to Ulric nor to Myrmidia, but to the Lady of the Lake. Natural places such as groves and pools are sacred not to Taal, but to the Lady of the Lake. Peasants may be buried by the priests of Morr, but when a noble dies they will be entombed in the crypt of a Grail Chapel consecrated to the Lady of the Lake. The Lady of the Lake is not considered an equal to the other gods but rather, within the borders of Bretonnia, to be the supreme deity.
    But this is not to say that the other gods have no place within Bretonnia. The sea-god Manann is worshipped in the coastal areas without this being seen to conflict with the worship of the Lady. The greatest temple to him is in Bordeleaux, Bretonnia's greatest port, and the duke of that city bears his symbol of a trident upon his shield. Indeed, it is said here that he appeared corporally and fought alongside the first Duke of Bordeleaux against raiders from across the seas - a claim, needless to say, that is not believed by followers of Manaan outside of Bretonnia! He is also worshipped in the other port cities of L'Anguille and Brionne - but it is always clear that his realm is the sea and that the land is the Lady's, and a good Bretonnian will make prayers to both before venturing aboard ship.
    Another god worshipped by some in Bretonnia is Ranald, the trickster god. In particular, he is seen as the patron of jongleurs and other entertainers - along with other, shadier professions. The worship of Verena is uncommon but not unknown, for learning is not prized greatly in Bretonnia and justice is normally dispensed by the local lords rather than by independant magistrates, but those few that do persue learning will sometimes look to this goddess rather than to the Lady.

No one cares about your input!!!!
    :LOL only joking cuzzie.....

you spoilt my unveiling for scripted events you , as for the religion thing it would of been a nice idea but the culture is already at the limit in COW so unfortuanetly no room

....which you would have picked up a few posts back...

...console chimp
    Last edited by ♔DARTH LEGO♔; August 25, 2010 at 09:41 AM.

haha sorry about ruining the surprise cuz some forewarning would have been nice

Yeah i know the culture is at the limit just some background fluff laserbrain

This is looking really good so far
    How is the other console chimp coming along with the graphics?

Religion and culture are two different things. The culture slots are all used up but I think there are some religion slots left.
    Screw multiculturalism and the horse it rode in on

Yeah i stand to be corrected.. that is very true we can develop our religion....!

I think Enchantress would make perfect "magic unit" for Bretonnia, like WitchElves. Enchantress as general, and ladys as core-spell casters..

Just an update gents any ideas for units and/ or buildings i will keep open till 12:00pm TWC time(i think that is GMT for all of us). then tomorrow i will repost the army list...in stone.. any new ideas will be shelved for the update of the mod....
    Last edited by ♔DARTH LEGO♔; August 25, 2010 at 10:25 AM.

Well, what about the unique knights recruitable from each of the different regions? And I feel that the Man at Arms need a better name that just Man at Arms Sword, and so on, maybe Swordman at Arms, Halberdierman at Arms and so on. Also, many of the mercs seem more fitting as AOR units. Can't you instead use the same mercs available to the Empire?
    Last edited by Astor; August 25, 2010 at 10:51 AM.
    Screw multiculturalism and the horse it rode in on

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Bayonet what you think about units in 151 post??

Quote Originally Posted by Astor View Post
    Well, what about the unique knights recruitable from each of the different regions? And I feel that the Man at Arms need a better name that just Man at Arms Sword, and so on, maybe Swordman at Arms, Halberdierman at Arms and so on.
    yeah... we do kind of realise this but we want to get the base unit list done in terms of model development and skinning , thats a priority at the moment.

We will worry about fluff once the unit list has been cast.....I am also getting a concise feel for 'lore specific names' for the regiments from people that actually play the tabletop game and have a lot of experience dabbling with the faction.
    So dont worry they wont be cheesy like the main list......

Can't you instead use the same mercs available to the Empire?
    Well that isnt very lore specific at all plus the bretonnians do have access to a fair mount of merc. units as well but we also need to see where the COW team want to go with the faction development, it is for their mod after all.....

Bayonet what you think about units in 151 post??
    LOL you crazy little person.. i can barely keep up but yeah awesome as always remember to zip up your work in u3d
    and post me the links....
    Schweet
    Last edited by ♔DARTH LEGO♔; August 25, 2010 at 11:06 AM.

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Bayonet remember if some units have bug just tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar and death View Post
    Bayonet remember if some units have bug just tell me.
    Im sure i will hear form the graphics guy....

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Do you have some pics for this templar mercenaries?? And for giants we will use troll animation??? Or another from COW??