Thread: Battlestar Galactica Online

Default Battlestar Galactica Online

At first I thought it would be a stupid game with bad graphics but I was wrong completely. I've been playing it a little for the past few days and I just can't believe it's a browser game. It's graphics is in par with a game like X3 which wants gigabytes of data to be installed in your computer. It's fun and it has that leveling up with experience and upgrading your ship and moving on to larger ships idea I was looking for. You gotta play it to believe it but it's one of the most fun games I've played lately. I highly recommend it.

Anyone else played it so far?
    The Armenian Issue

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica Online

I've played it here and there. I don't know. It's not bad, but the gameplay is a bit lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    I've played it here and there. I don't know. It's not bad, but the gameplay is a bit lacking.
    What do you mean?

You shouldn't forget that this is a browser-based game. It has a game-play comparable to that of other Space RPG full games but this one is actually fun.
    The Armenian Issue

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

orly ? I've created an account out of boredom once but never got to playing the game, might give it a try one day
    Patronized by Hader.

mattgoby's Avatar Campidoctor

Its quite good, however it soon gets boring i'm afraid.
    "some people say the iraq war is unnessasary, however i disagree its good practise in case one comes along that we need to fight, just in case the germans have another go"-AL MURRAY

"us british our world war champions of the world"-AL MURRAY

You start with either a Viper or a Raptor. There are a number of missions like collecting materials, destroying Cylon patrols, exploring sectors, and so on. You get them from either father Adama or the son Adama in Galactica. As you gain more materials and experience you can upgrade your ships weapons, ammo, hull, electronics and so on. If you have enough money and experience you can get bigger ships. The largest ship is something like a thousand times bigger than a Viper. There are wide variety of options for weapon systems. Of course this is if you play as Colonial. If you play as a Cylon your ships are different.

What I liked is that there are sectors between the Galactica and the Cylon base and that people fight for their control. Sometimes some people organize other people to make a joint attack. Everything is done on the chat window to the bottom left. Suddenly you can find yourself in an armada of players going for Cylon sectors.
    The Armenian Issue

Ba'alzamon's Avatar Domesticus

Pretty boring imo. Once you get through everything there is to do, it gets a bit stale.

Quote Originally Posted by My Little Pony View Post
    Pretty boring imo. Once you get through everything there is to do, it gets a bit stale.
    You can gain skills, upgrade weapons and ship hull, upgrade ship itself into a small battle star, do missions, level up and so on. What's fun is to team up with others and battle the opposing Cylon or Colonial fleet. It can get quite spectacular.
    The Armenian Issue

Ba'alzamon's Avatar Domesticus

I didn't mean I HAD done everything, but you get a strong idea of everything that the game has to offer with a few clicks. I'd give it a generous 5 or 6/10. Pretty good for being free.

Well, that's true with all RPGs. You gotta have a certain mindset to like most RPGs as they're time consuming a lot. This one is not like that.
    The Armenian Issue