Thread: The Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game

Hello TW Center,

I would like to open this thread for the people who play the Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game ( For both Skirmish and War of the Ring battles ). I highly encourage discussions on strategy, armies, painting, modelling, etc. I would also highly encourage that you may add photos of your army. Some info on cool games you played would be appreciated too.

I would like to upload some photos of my 1,000 point Gondor army attacking a 1,000 point army of the White Hand ( Isengard ).

The objectives of this mission was for me to kill everyone on the hill ( Skull Temple piece ) and also kill the Uruk's main captain, Ugluk ( Crossbow dude ). This is kind of a picture story battle.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sorry. Some of the images are blurry. This was my most epic battle since I was outnumbered greatly, the enemy had the hill as their defensive position, and the fact that I lost over 25 of my men while the enemy only lost 10 at one point. My heroes managed to kill everyone on the hill and kill the enemy hero. Once the battle was over the uruks had only 1 troll, 1 captain, and 1 normal unit standing. The match lasted 3 1/2 hours.

Some more pictures of my 500 point Goblin army destroying Isengard in a "minor victory".

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

SPECIAL THANKS TO GAMES WORKSHOP STORE MANAGER MARK HIGGINS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO DO BATTLE WITH ME!
    Last edited by Russian Gondor; August 19, 2010 at 05:16 PM.