Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game

Default Re: The Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinary Guardian View Post
    If you like 'em go for it....in my opinion, since you use a Good army that focuses on speed and stealth, you might want your Evil army to be different, ie: Heavily armoured but slow. Basically, that narrows it down into few evil armies, like Morannon Orcs as you've said, or Easterlings or Uruk-Hai.
    As for your Rangers, don't forget the 33% limit on the bow armed models!

In my opinion bows stink in LOTR. I mean, the chance that you kill someone is so slim. I was attacking a huge army of Gondorians in a 500 point battle and the enemy had 13 archers, yet he only killed 1 of my men in 3 turns which it took me to get to his army. ( I later owned his archers by rushing out of the forest with berserkers )

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Gondor View Post
    In my opinion bows stink in LOTR. I mean, the chance that you kill someone is so slim. I was attacking a huge army of Gondorians in a 500 point battle and the enemy had 13 archers, yet he only killed 1 of my men in 3 turns which it took me to get to his army. ( I later owned his archers by rushing out of the forest with berserkers )
    That's plainly bad luck. I played against a friend of mine and allowed him to use my Elven Army (he was and still is a noob at TT wargaming), while I used Moria Goblins. That dammnable Elven Bow and the Elves needing 3+ to hit destroyed large chunks of my army, although revenge was sweet when I swamped those pointy-ears with my Goblin Hordes.
    Note: I did not use trolls, because I don't have a model for 'em.

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

That's plainly bad luck. I played against a friend of mine and allowed him to use my Elven Army (he was and still is a noob at TT wargaming), while I used Moria Goblins. That dammnable Elven Bow and the Elves needing 3+ to hit destroyed large chunks of my army, although revenge was sweet when I swamped those pointy-ears with my Goblin Hordes.
    Note: I did not use trolls, because I don't have a model for 'em.
    Well. Goblins suck. I was playing Rohan once and I lost 6 Goblin Captains and 1 Cave Troll in one courage test while the other guy had 2 models left. I only ended up with 1 goblin archer and lost the game. That was a uber facepalm moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Gondor View Post
    Well. Goblins suck. I was playing Rohan once and I lost 6 Goblin Captains and 1 Cave Troll in one courage test while the other guy had 2 models left. I only ended up with 1 goblin archer and lost the game. That was a uber facepalm moment.
    The dice Goddess can be a cruel sometimes...

Depends on the scenario and objectives, my friend. Archers are good for area denial, but you'll never get their points back in kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithie View Post
    Depends on the scenario and objectives, my friend. Archers are good for area denial, but you'll never get their points back in kills.
    Well. Archers are good at annoying the enemy and splitting apart the enemies force. Too often does the enemy split their force to go after my archers. I just turn tail and run. ( Although Rohan's cavalry eventually caught up to my archers and massacred them )

So, what do you people think that the next supplements for LoTR will be?

I am thinking all they will do is raise prices more and add random anti-lore things. Maybe a new rule-book to make more money and piss us off.

2 days ago I did battle with our GW store manager. 1000 pts, I was Gondor and he was Rohan with Fellowship and friends. I used Aragorns free pt of might to get a heroic move and charge his cavalry ( he had a full cavalry army with 3 heroes from Fellowship ). My men of Gondor massacred his stuck cavalry and then he ended up resigning after getting owned in 1 charge because he was tied up with my guys,

I used to paint LOTR minis but I quit (It didn't look like many people were still playing it in Belgium). I'm afraid I can't find any pics of my minis. Might take some in the week. Is the game still popular ?

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey I of Leuven View Post
    I used to paint LOTR minis but I quit (It didn't look like many people were still playing it in Belgium). I'm afraid I can't find any pics of my minis. Might take some in the week. Is the game still popular ?

Well, it never was popular. People like either having 5 movement trays of units and pricey tons of crappy rule books that change every year, or overpriced space marines. I personally love LOTR but barely anyone plays it. It is mostly for Tolkien fans who have a bit of money up their pockets in my opinion.

I have a feeling they will release more things, ie) New starter set and/or a Dale faction when the Hobbit movie comes out. What do you guys think?

The High Elves need some love...perhaps a First Age supplement?

Or they could re-do the models. Galadhirim are old school still, smaller scale and more clone molds.

Didn't Galadhrim get an update last year??

These are the last minis I painted I think I was 15..
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

These are the last minis I painted I think I was 15..

Very good, way better than my Goblins...which I also painted when I was 15...for some reason only the Elves had my attention...

Amazing job! :o

Have some rep!

Very good, way better than my Goblins...which I also painted when I was 15...for some reason only the Elves had my attention...
    I picked them because they were the easiest models to paint I sucked at painting high elves for some reason.. I just hated that layered armour lol

I picked them because they were the easiest models to paint I sucked at painting high elves for some reason.. I just hated that layered armour lol
    I sucked too at painting High Elves, but, when I started mixing Colours, things became so much better. A 50:50 mix of Mithril Silver and Shinning Gold, and a highlight of Mithril Silver (No shades, the models do not have enough sculpting for this) work wonders on High Elves...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast