Thread: SPQR 7.0

Default SPQR 7.0

Uhh... I will have to start new campaign if I install SPQR 8? Cuz I have been playing 7.0 campaign. And will there be 9.0? Wasn't 7.0 to be the final version?

Default Re: SPQR 7.0

Obviously there was the Addon Sulla released and then the New map, this and other feature improvements required a new release instead of a bunch of seperate downloads.

In theory yes you can, but the map is different and some of your amries may not work, try and see, but You lose a ton of fixes and map improvements. I suggest playing a new game if you didnt start a game with the map download for 7.0 or if not using the addon.

You havent been around long enough to understand how long SPQR has been worked on over the past 6 years, This IS the final version so rest assured, I just combined the other 2 smaller addon into one package plus some other improvements and new units.
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956 View Post
    Obviously there was the Addon Sulla released and then the New map, this and other feature improvements required a new release instead of a bunch of seperate downloads.

In theory yes you can, but the map is different and some of your amries may not work, try and see, but You lose a ton of fixes and map improvements. I suggest playing a new game if you didnt start a game with the map download for 7.0 or if not using the addon.

You havent been around long enough to understand how long SPQR has been worked on over the past 6 years, This IS the final version so rest assured, I just combined the other 2 smaller addon into one package plus some other improvements and new units.
    Ok I will try 8.0 with old savegame... If it won't work I will probably play 7.0 cuz I have played about a month on this savegame so I don't want to start all over again... This mod really takes time... I dunno what addon are you talking about, but I am using SPQR 7.0 with unit addon v1.2 And one more question... Are you from Lithuania? Cuz your nick LT=Lithuania
    Last edited by Legio IX; October 18, 2010 at 01:58 PM.

This IS the final version so rest assured
    lt you told me that with 6.2 and then 6.5.

Wish I had time to play SPQR now.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier View Post
    lt you told me that with 6.2 and then 6.5.

Wish I had time to play SPQR now.
    Yea, the guy mixes 2 words final version is when no newer version will be released and he should not call it final if a newer version will come out, he should call it the latest version.

It was the last final version, problem is someone worked on a addon, then there were some nice breakthroughs for gameplay that were unexpected, not to mention a new better MAP! Therefore 8.0 is the LAST final version. There will be no more. Also 8.0 is the most stable and bug free version of any previous version, so enjoy in the knowledge that you can complete a campain in peace.
    Lt_1956

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956 View Post
    Also 8.0 is the most stable and bug free version of any previous version, so enjoy in the knowledge that you can complete a campain in peace.
    I've already noticed this, after only 16-18 turns. Extra big thanks from me!

I like playing with the v8.0 but I don't like the map because there are too much woods. I hate fighting in woods and it seems like it is the only thing I can do in v8.0. Even when I try to avoid it by standing in open places on the map I end up fighting in woods.

They arent really classified as woods so your not get a penalty for fighting in them. You'll know the woods when you fight in them. Also keep in mind in ancient times there were more trees than now, they didnt have heavy machines to clear places. Nothing I can do about the woods, they are MUCH better than when I first had the map, atleast now sieges arent bugged where siege weapons couldnt move. YOu can only tweak so much with RTW, plus MTW2 has alot of woods also, so its a flaw with CA map design really. Unless you want flat featureless terrain all the time which is what it was before.
    Lt_1956