Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WARCY-WarHorn-Taunt mod ***DOWNLOAD***

Opifex

My only problem is that this takes soundbytes from copyrighted programs and movies. Could you make a list of the sources for the soundbytes, so that if there are any public domain ones, I could take them.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

North check your email I sent new Roman Taunts for you.

i like barbarian taunt individual/light

GO **** YOUR SELF:-)
    and something with eyeballes, and **** you again:-)

this should be...18years, or above

i really like the tarzan srceem, in heavy taunt

Quote Originally Posted by darkrider
    i like barbarian taunt individual/light

GO **** YOUR SELF:-)
    and something with eyeballes, and **** you again:-)

this should be...18years, or above

i really like the tarzan srceem, in heavy taunt

My girls are little young. To here it. I was surprised the language! Me, I dont care...But the language it is rough!

Yeah, I should probably put a warning that it contains vulgarity. Vulgarity does make it more real though.

You should put in your readme on how to make your version clean like what to delete and where. or make a clean version all together.

yeah, might be a good idea. especially since my final version will have even more vulgarity, lol

oh, thanks divin, i got your email. i've listened to it briefly and think some of those will work good

Excellent download! I never played the barbarian campaigns, but with this mod, im loving it! Keep up the good work.

Oddball_E8's Avatar Senator
    in Skåne (the most southern province of Sweden). Furulund to be more precise... look it up

well ive downloaded the mod, and trojans RTR 6.3 file... and im getting nothing... nothing at all... ive tried starting a new campaign, ive tried custom battles and ive tried loading a campaign...
    nothing... just the same old sounds...
    i dont understand why, i mean, ive replaced all the files and that should mean that the game has no references to the old sounds... if nothing else it should at least crash!

im using RTR 6.3 btw... with the metropolis/naval mod combo, but no other major mods
    addicted modder... but crap at it

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball_E8
    well ive downloaded the mod, and trojans RTR 6.3 file... and im getting nothing... nothing at all... ive tried starting a new campaign, ive tried custom battles and ive tried loading a campaign...
    i dont understand why, i mean, ive replaced all the files and that should mean that the game has no references to the old sounds... if nothing else it should at least crash!

im using RTR 6.3 btw... with the metropolis/naval mod combo, but no other major mods
    This mod is for SPQR only at the current moment. Look for a final version to come out to RTR, EB, and SPQR in a month or so.

in Skåne (the most southern province of Sweden). Furulund to be more precise... look it up

Quote Originally Posted by NorthHammer
    This mod is for SPQR only at the current moment. Look for a final version to come out to RTR, EB, and SPQR in a month or so.
    umm... yeah, but i was using Trojans RTR conversion of it... im just wondering if you might know what is causing it to be completely ignored (as opposed to just not working and thereby crashing the game as any other selfrespecting mod would do)

How is the new version coming and the taunts I sent you. Also do you know how to increase the frequency of taunting?

umm... yeah, but i was using Trojans RTR conversion of it... im just wondering if you might know what is causing it to be completely ignored (as opposed to just not working and thereby crashing the game as any other selfrespecting mod would do)

Is the folder called "custom" in your Rome/data/sounds folder?
    Did you copy and replace all of the text files into your Rome/data folder?

Quote Originally Posted by Divinehammer
    How is the new version coming and the taunts I sent you. Also do you know how to increase the frequency of taunting?

Ummh, I haven't really worked on it much. I've been spending too much time at the gym lol. I could probably upload the current textfiles that adjust the volume and distance a little better. I don't think there is a way to make taunts more frequent, as they occur after a warcry and in pre-battle screen. I don't have any idea how to adjust the AI to make it do warcries more often.
    Last edited by NorthHammer; January 17, 2006 at 01:05 PM.

Is the folder called "custom" in your Rome/data/sounds folder?
    Did you copy and replace all of the text files into your Rome/data folder?
    yuuuuup... and yuuuuup...

the folder is called custom and its located in my Rome/data/sounds folder... well actually its my Rome: Total War/data/sounds folder, but i assume you meant that?
    all of the text files have been copied and replaced... including trojans RTR version...
    and it seems im not alone in this wierd bug... a couple of people have had the same problem... no difference in sounds (although one reported that the same old sounds were there, but sounded lower)

Well, I just released an updated version (for the text files). I doubt that it will help you much though. Sorry to make you wait but I will eventually make this mod for RTR and EB too. Look for it in the future.

okelidokeli

Ummh, I haven't really worked on it much. I've been spending too much time at the gym lol. I could probably upload the current textfiles that adjust the volume and distance a little better. I don't think there is a way to make taunts more frequent, as they occur after a warcry and in pre-battle screen. I don't have any idea how to adjust the AI to make it do warcries more often.
    it seems as though if you set the probabilities to .1 that they will go off about as much as charge yells. I havent tried this yet but i will. So this could set the taunts to occur more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinehammer
    it seems as though if you set the probabilities to .1 that they will go off about as much as charge yells. I havent tried this yet but i will. So this could set the taunts to occur more frequently.

Well, I don't want the units to "Taunt" and do their warcry when they should be marching or attacking. But if they are sitting in idle, I think it would be cool to have them taunting much more frequently.

I think you are onto a good idea. My taunt text line in descr_sounds_units_taunt.txt reads:

event lod 30 minpitch 1.0 maxpitch 1.0 volume 50 mindist 25
    folder data/sounds/custom/taunts/group/barbarian
    WARCRYLARGE1
    WARCRYLARGE2...

The minpitch and max pitch were added because the pitch was way too deep. The original volume was close to something around 10 or 15, which was way too quite. The mindist I think is about right.

The new text line might read something like:

event lod 30 minpitch 1.0 maxpitch 1.0 volume 50 mindist 25 probability 1
    folder data/sounds/custom/taunts/group/barbarian
    WARCRYLARGE1
    WARCRYLARGE2...

(Obviously not bold though). I will try different probabilities and see if I get the AI to taunt more often instead of just sitting in idle. My guess is the probability range is .01 to 1.0 being 1% to 100%. If that's the case, we are already maxed out. I will investigate though.

I might also try adding in some new lines that affect the "fade in" and "fade out". I've noticed that it will play a warcry all the way through, then play it again a second time halfway though and then stop.

Mylae's Avatar Memento Mori

i've seen that you're planning to make available your taunt mod also for BI... how long it will takes?
    have you noticed that in BI there's no sound but a low whisthling of "victorious rome"? when my soldiers conquere a settlement, they don't scream more...
    Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica
    Creator of the XV-Century Machiavello Total War Mod (2.0) for M2TW

Honorabilis Gaius Baltar est mihi patronum.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

That's weird, it works fine for me. I installed NorthHammer's mod, installed my RTR compatible descr_sounds_units_anims.txt file and the mod is working great with RTR 6.0 Gold. I'll attach the RTR 6.0 Gold descr_sounds_units_anims.txt file that I'm currently using for those that want to give it another shot. BTW, it's Trajan and not Trojan.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast