Page 8 of 351 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

Numenor's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Battlefield 3

Quote Originally Posted by Hookah Smoking Caterpiller View Post
    Or destroying a building with the entire enemy team in it.
    That would be a epic win.. xD
    [IMG]

Or destroying a building with the entire enemy team in it.
    at first this sounds funny but unlikely, yet it's been my experience with Bad Company 2 that snipers tend to bunch up and congregate at one location. i can already see this happening but instead of the whole team, you take out several snipers in a building and the poor saps who happen to be spawning from them.

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    at first this sounds funny but unlikely, yet it's been my experience with Bad Company 2 that snipers tend to bunch up and congregate at one location. i can already see this happening but instead of the whole team, you take out several snipers in a building and the poor saps who happen to be spawning from them.
    That would be great since it would force those damn campers to move around instead of staying at the same place with a bunch on claymores behind them.
    These fine gentlemen's have thanks to their consistent idiotic posts have earned their place on my ignore list: mrmouth, The Illusionist, motiv-8, mongrel, azoth, thorn777 and elfdude. If you want to join their honourable rank you just have to post idiotic posts and you will get there in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by molonthegreat View Post
    That would be great since it would force those damn campers to move around instead of staying at the same place with a bunch on claymores behind them.
    i dont get the problem ppl have with "campers". do you think in real life you would be running arround a battlefield like crazy fools? Dont like campers? be carefull, and dont be suicidal.
    [IMG]

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

This game looks INCREDIBLE. I'm back to posting in this thread since I'm a fanatic about BF, but hate the BF CoD debate that took off in the beginning of the thread.

I seriously can't wait for this <3

Quote Originally Posted by Numenor View Post
    i dont get the problem ppl have with "campers". do you think in real life you would be running arround a battlefield like crazy fools? Dont like campers? be carefull, and dont be suicidal.
    1. Battlefield is a game.
    2. Battlefield MP is objective based, not K/D based. Campers rarely help the team and rarely work in a team, thus depriving the team of a useful player.
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

Comes Domesticorum

I've saved countless of flags from being camped because I was camping.

Ba'alzamon's Avatar Domesticus

1. Battlefield is a game.
    2. Battlefield MP is objective based, not K/D based. Campers rarely help the team and rarely work in a team, thus depriving the team of a useful player.
    Not a valid point.

As stated above this post, you can save many flags by safeguarding the ones you already have. It's just another strategy you can use.

snipers camp, it's what they should do. the problem with multiplayer games is that there is no unit limit, everyone can be a sniper. there's gameplay camping and idiot camping. the defending team SHOULD camp, the atacking one is the one that should go after their objective.

The "it's a game" argument isnt valid if you're playing a shooter that is supose to simulate combat.
    [IMG]

Comes Domesticorum

snipers camp, it's what they should do. the problem with multiplayer games is that there is no unit limit, everyone can be a sniper. there's gameplay camping and idiot camping. the defending team SHOULD camp, the atacking one is the one that should go after their objective.

The "it's a game" argument isnt valid if you're playing a shooter that is supose to simulate combat.
    There are class limits in both FH2 and PR, the most popular BF2 mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    There are class limits in both FH2 and PR, the most popular BF2 mods.
    i know that, and thank god. :b

But i doupt they will be present in bf3. sure hope i'm wrong.
    [IMG]

Then go play Arma. BFBC2 isn't a military sim.
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

Decanus

Camping in a game like a normal BF game, isn't a problem. The maps are pretty much totally open and a camper is counterable or just useless, with few kills. A game like BFBC, camping can be a problem, because it's a pure 'CoD' like mentality game, with a pretty slim map where campers usually have the upper hand.

A real Battlefield game emulates the battlefield to the point where it's on the fence of being a sim and a game, it's neither real arcade nor hardcore. If you don't get that, you're playing or are waiting for the wrong game. So, a camping sniper is just as normal as a tankwhoring maniac in the REAL BF, 'removing' either would totally change what the game is about, which is why prone is in and not in BC2.

goro's Avatar Tribunus

i wish they could bring back the lan games.multiplayer gaming is crap for me these days.i remember playing bf2 with 10 people in the same area.no other ones joining.putting our rules.just awesome.rome and medieval were the same.i could play with my cousin in the same room 1vs1 without having to log into internet.now its all stupid accounts and other bs

Ba'alzamon's Avatar Domesticus

Like every single game out there.

Then go play Arma. BFBC2 isn't a military sim.
    then go play cod. that seems like your kind of game.
    [IMG]

Prones coming back. People will camp. Nothing can be done about it.

You may attempt to change it but,

nothing will change.

There's a big difference between someone who posts up in a spot for a couple of minutes and shoots people before moving on and someone who just goes to the same spot over and over and sits there shooting until he dies, spawns then goes right back. In real life you don't stay in one spot, but nor do you run around willy nilly like in COD4 or something. Snipers should NOT camp, it's stupid. Snipers don't do it in real life if they are shooting and it's not useful in game either. I always hate in BC2 how many lame asses that think they are good snipers that just do what I mentioned above, going to the same spot over and over, getting a kill or two, dying then going right back. There's no skill in that. I like how BC2 present the class as Recon and you got points from performing recon, but still so many idiots just going straight sniper without any recon part of it and sucking. Disgusting. I hope there is a class limit, even though it irritates me when idiots like that take the sniper/recon class. It's better than having a team of idiots thinking they are Carlos Hathcock or watched the movie Shooter too many times.

Again, I have no issues with someone who moves somewhat tactically. They take a spot, hold it a few minutes, kill some people and then move on. That to me isn't camping. But if you just sit in the same spot for long, drawn out periods of time then yeah you are a camper and you suck.

If a person moves into a spot, stays there until he dies, but then goes to a new spot afterwords, I'm fine with that. And sometimes, if the point is good enough, they may go back. If they are being unproductive though, they should move. But a sniper who has a 50ft cone of fire across a land filled with no cover (happend in the night time snowmap on hardcore, me sniping) you can cut through the enemy like a warm knife in butter.

goro's Avatar Tribunus

heavy metal.just look at that.its simultaneuously heaven and hell for snipers.first you got a hell of a range.ive done once 12 or more kills with sniper most of them headshots and the enemies were 500 metres or more away.its great for sniping.until a tank or heli spots you.then you are helpless.that map is the one where from once side you got the campers with snipers and the armor people.going on foot is trying to walk through fire