Thread: RS2 Environments for EB

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default RS2 Environments for EB

Like most people as soon as I saw the battlemap environments in RS2 I wanted them in EB. Well the kind people over at RS2 have made the files relating to the battlemap environments open to the community.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=414629

As RS2 is not mod foldered, some modding was needed to make it compatible with EB. So I've done that, and now its as simple as drag and drop

DOWNLOAD

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J2E1MSYS

Firstly I would recommend that you make a back copy of your EB directory as some files will be overwritten.

Then copy the data folder from the download and paste it into the EB folder, you will be asked if you want to merge folders and overwrite files make sure you click yes.

Finally you must delete the EB\data\world\maps\base\map.rwm file this will allow the changes to the map_climates.tga file to take place.

Important - As the campaign map has been changed this is not save game compatible!

So what does it look like (pic on left RS2 environments, pic on right original EB)

Credits (all I have done is make these files compatible with EB the files themselves are the work of the RS2 team, I have not included the strat map models in this download just the environments)

Big thanks again to the RS2 team!

Tone....about 95% of everything.
    DVK901...rivers and a few textures here and there.
    Prometheus...Roman and Greek strat city models.
    Pacco....eastern, Carthaginian and Barbarian strat city models and textures.

Be aware due diligence is expected from the user. I have virus scanned the download, but expect that you would also (as you should with all downloads). Also as I have previously stated make a backup copy of your EB folder. I will not accept responsibility for damaged installs or mess ups if the files are not used correctly.
    Last edited by Hannibal Smith; January 05, 2011 at 06:01 PM.