Page 1 of 501 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: - The Tavern -

Default - The Tavern -

Welcome to the Tavern of the INVASIO BARBARORVM community! Here You can have a merry time, fraternize and socialize in the most congenial of ways. Raise whatever topic your heart desires!
    Last edited by Joar; February 10, 2015 at 05:43 AM.

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: - The Tavern -

let me be the 1st to congratulate on the new organization. i like it

Yes, Joar deserves a warm pat on his shoulder, as he has worked intensely on the implementation of the new threads. Good job, Joar!

Art by Joar

Thanks, boys!

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Well done, Joar, and a mug of honey-ale on me!

no really, this is very refreshing new outlook, worthy of a +rep

I'm continuing the conversation here so that we don't stray too much off topic in the SAI progress thread.

Quote Originally Posted by juvenus View Post
    Oh my goodness! I've just lost all respect for you (just kidding)
    Knights of honor is a total arcade. BTW, I totally hate all vanilla TW games (and never played any in fact), but there are so many cool mods for m2tw, and in many of those mods you can choose your heir
    Well, granted the graphics can't compete with all the modern games, but it's the challenge! Diplomacy actually counts for something, and you can make perfect use of some nice cloak and dagger features, form strong alliances through marriages ( and even gain lands ) and so on. And the thing I love the most is the fact that there's no "point of no return", so to speak. In most strategy games, RTW included, you reach a certain level where it's basically impossible to lose. In KoR you can spend hours building up a massive empire, when your king suddenly dies and the entire realm is literally torn apart by civil wars. And all the emerging factions! Oh, it is such a well conceived and fantastic game, so dynamic!

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    I'm continuing the conversation here so that we don't stray too much off topic in the SAI progress thread.

Well, granted the graphics can't compete with all the modern games, but it's the challenge! Diplomacy actually counts for something, and you can make perfect use of some nice cloak and dagger features, form strong alliances through marriages ( and even gain lands ) and so on. And the thing I love the most is the fact that there's no "point of no return", so to speak. In most strategy games, RTW included, you reach a certain level where it's basically impossible to lose. In KoR you can spend hours building up a massive empire, when your king suddenly dies and the entire realm is literally torn apart by civil wars. And all the emerging factions! Oh, it is such a well conceived and fantastic game, so dynamic!
    smart idea to switch here, after all, this is the tavern
    well, i can certainly agree with you about the diplomacy. indeed, it works in the KoH and the game is challenging. But please, you can destroy every wall or gate with archers
    so, in effect that's a very arcade game in terms of combat. if you recruit enough archers (Longbowmen) you can take every city just with them.

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse View Post
    Well done, Joar, and a mug of honey-ale on me!
    Should I open up a tab for you, sir?

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Oh yes indeedy!

Quote Originally Posted by juvenus View Post
    But please, you can destroy every wall or gate with archers
    so, in effect that's a very arcade game in terms of combat. if you recruit enough archers (Longbowmen) you can take every city just with them.
    Yes, it has its flaws, but then again so do all strategy games. I must also confess that I don't play the battles, just fight them out on the strat map. It's the kingdom management that thrills me. I remember a lovely game I had playing as the Palatinate. I managed to conquer most of northern France and all of Flanders, when my king died and his two powerful brothers rebelled. France, who I was at war with, joined in and severly reduced my kingdom. The only reason why I wasn't eliminated was due to my alliance with the Holy Roman Empire, who's dynasty and mine where intimately related through several marriages. The HRE attacked France and thus enabled me to recapture most of my lands. Highly challenging!

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    Yes, it has its flaws, but then again so do all strategy games. I must also confess that I don't play the battles, just fight them out on the strat map. It's the kingdom management that thrills me. I remember a lovely game I had playing as the Palatinate. I managed to conquer most of northern France and all of Flanders, when my king died and his two powerful brothers rebelled. France, who I was at war with, joined in and severly reduced my kingdom. The only reason why I wasn't eliminated was due to my alliance with the Holy Roman Empire, who's dynasty and mine where intimately related through several marriages. The HRE attacked France and thus enabled me to recapture most of my lands. Highly challenging!
    i can imagine how you felt...sure, it had its moments. i usually played with Teutons. you start with a small base but slowly expand into a major force. management deserves credit but combat is arcade, it's really stupid when you look at a bunch of archers bring down a huge stone wall with their bare hands

Lionheart's Avatar Decanus

Nice a very interesting creation congratulations.
    Proud member of EB: Novus Ordo Mundi

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Pint of the black stuff please landlord. Good idea this Joar.

Signature made by Joar

Thanks! Coming right up!

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Forgot to ask is there a dress code? My toga's in the dry cleaners

Signature made by Joar

No, it's pretty casual.

Quote Originally Posted by constantius View Post
    Forgot to ask is there a dress code? My toga's in the dry cleaners
    you'll get away with that, just don't forget to leave your weapons outside....drink and weapons are no friends

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Can someone pour me a beer. BTW Joar, I think I owe you one plus a fine meal at an expensive restaurant for all of your work with IB:SAI.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Can someone pour me a beer. BTW Joar, I think I owe you one plus a fine meal at an expensive restaurant for all of your work with IB:SAI.
    No worries, my friend. I'll find a way for you to repay me...