Page 41 of 116 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950516691 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Requests

Cymera's Avatar Roma Invictus

Default Re: Feature Requests

That sounds like a good idea, it would be more accurate, if possible.

Under the Patronage of the Wise Kara Kolyo in the Hallowed House of Wilpuri
    Proud Patron of the Charming
    Balikedes, an Insightful and Tactful Warrior.

Extended Greek Mod (XGM) Lover ..... A mod by DimeBagHo

"
    The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by
    experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct
    "

- Marcus Tullius Cicero

icydawgfish's Avatar Campidoctor

What about removing one of the existing rebel factions (Egyptian Rebels, Greek Rebels, etc...) and make the Maraun Empire. If I remember correctly, it was a major Eastern power in the times of the Successor states and Republican Rome.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Cymera View Post
    At least they gave us aqueducts....
    I believe that the Romans pretty much nicked aquaducts from the Etruscans. To be fair to the Romans though, they were good at organising large scale projects, both civilian and military.

On the Question of factions, I would agree that the Mauryans would be a good addition, perhaps in place of the Ptolemaic rebels. Chandragupta Maurya took a large chunk of Alexander's Indian Empire. They would make the Eastern situation more challenging for all the other factions and the Ptolomies would be able to challenge the Seleucids more effectively in the West.

Locky's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    This will mean that I have to completely rework my barracks system for the barbarians though. I reckon they will never get to huge city, or even to city status... So they will get the elite units faster than other nations.. (not like they really have any bad-ass elites..)

I have also made some research on the Romans and as it happens, they really disappointed me to the level where I must remove all academies from the romans, because according to history they never had any. The only ones came from the Greeks, where the famous characters like Caesar and Cicero learned rhetoric skills (Rhodes) - the place used to be a learning centre, but the romans turned it into a tourist attraction and a place to teach their leaders. It further amazed me how advanced the greek scientists really were, there were accounts of even a working steam engine.
    The romans didn't give a **** about something as silly as that, so most of the material has been lost.
    This has changed my opinion of the romans as barbarious invaders who only care to conquer everything and romanize it.
    Things like that make me want to go back in time to prevent Alexander from dying, so he could conquer Rome... - world would be so much more advanced, but I probably wouldn't excist then, neither would Rome - TW.

Join the club. Another fun fact, most of the Greek slaves brought over from Greece, as slaves, were superiourly educated then thier roman masters, lol. Also, the Romans even made Philosophy illegal at one point, considering it "unmanly".

Racer X's Avatar Ordinarius

Aquaeducts originated in the near east (possibly Egypt or India had the first ones?), and came to Italy via the Assyrians and Greeks. The Romans made them more mainstream and so they get credit for the invention. Just like a lot of other things.

Problem is because roman adopted everything from other factions. Military combat from Iberians, metallurgy from Gauls and philosophy from Greeks.
    Ceterum censeo, Carthaginem esse delendam!

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

to slightly get back on topic - Dime is it possible to add more buildings, anciliaries and such that affect the conversion from one culture to another? right now in my seleucid campaign cities like apamea and Carax are caught in a strange circle - the % of eastern civilized stays the same and the people are rioting which prevents expanding the cities to be able to build the further colonies and so on...
    other thing - can you expand the AOR of thracian peltasts? maybe they should even be trainable in Nicomedia too.
    and at the end - how can the non greek factions train hoplites? i don't seem to find them in the auxiliary barracs in the hellenic regions.

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

Maraxus's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Kolyo View Post
    other thing - can you expand the AOR of thracian peltasts? maybe they should even be trainable in Nicomedia too.
    I agree, Thracians had contact with Persia via the black sea and were also well known mercenaries (mostly the peltasts) along the southern black sea coast in addition to Thrace.

"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." -Alexander the Great.

Icon6 Re: Feature Requests

how about....Putting a wonders (if you can) where we know exist at the time. E.G. Stonehenge <=this is true! it been around for over 5000 years! if not then give the east a new facton BUT still have the same units as Partha? Or... I got it! put yourself in the game! (at last...seeing yourslef put the roman dogs down)
    I'M BAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKK!

Cymera's Avatar Roma Invictus

He could input his name into the generals list. Now that would be a funny easter egg.

Famous battle:

Victor: Dimebagho of Sparta
    Loser: <Insert Greek name>

I'm done lol.

Under the Patronage of the Wise Kara Kolyo in the Hallowed House of Wilpuri
    Proud Patron of the Charming
    Balikedes, an Insightful and Tactful Warrior.

Extended Greek Mod (XGM) Lover ..... A mod by DimeBagHo

"
    The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by
    experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct
    "

- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Maybe i could be in that new facton as KING RITCHUS!
    I'M BAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKK!

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

DBH, do you think we can have recruitable foot generals in the next version?
    We can work on specific traits later but it would be a good start for the governor units idea...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Balikedes's Avatar Time to Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    DBH, do you think we can have recruitable foot generals in the next version?
    We can work on specific traits later but it would be a good start for the governor units idea...
    That sounds like a good idea...I am a fan of the foot general. Maybe their creation could be tied to the city specific hoplites/specialty units so you end up with different looking generals from the cities where they were trained.
    Patron of Suppanut, relentless work, check it out.
    XGM Command - A Sub-Mod of the Extended Greek Mod and now included in Diadochi: Total War

HardSun on XBoxLive - Destiny and other stuff

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Dime and Zarax: I have a very wierd error with my version, the thing is, whenever I Alt+F4, or just Quit XGM, it CTD's and displays an error message.
    Any idea what might cause this? Because it's silly and annoying...

About foot generals:
    I found that removing the Spartan Royal Guard from the campaign and just adding Spartan generals (for spartans) works quite well, you can still recruit a Royal Guard unit (18 turns), but you now have generals with 40+ spartans protecting them (if unit size is on large). I plan to lower it to 32 (large) though...; but the fun thing is that they gather troops over time and are a lot more fun to play! (but they can still get easily slaughtered by 3 levy phalangites - pikes rule!)

About phalanxes:
    I have had even further thoughts on pikemen and I think their attack should be lowered to:
    - Levy: 5
    - Medium: 6
    - Heavy: 7
    - Elite: 8
    And, to compensate, add AP to their pike attack. This would simulate the pikemen more accurately, because the Sarissas were VERY sharp (pierced roman shields according to historians), but didn't quite deliver the 'punch'.
    The shorter the pikes are, the more powerful the attack, so medium length starts where pike left off:
    - Levy: 8
    - Medium: 10
    - Heavy: 12
    - Elite: 14
    I'm not really sure they should get AP, though I figure they could get a +2 instead of +1 for every next level (debateable..).
    And the short_pikes:
    - Medium: 11
    - Heavy: 13
    - Elite: 15 (if there will be any short_pike elites, then they will be most probably the Spartans...)

Now the more difficult question.... what do you guys think?

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

About foot generals I was thinking more about hoplites and sacred band for greeks at least, other factions would get different of course but that's the base idea...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Zerthamel's Avatar Libertus

make a new mod that takes place in 500-400 B.C. with Persian - Greco wars

Making "300" Feel-Mod for R:TW 1.5!
    PM me if you want to help make it!

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

Zerthamel you should check the Hegemonia City States mod in the bi mods sectorq if this period interests you.
    Or you can check this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=94201
    Last edited by Kara Kolyo; April 19, 2007 at 11:47 PM.

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

Locky's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    Dime and Zarax: I have a very wierd error with my version, the thing is, whenever I Alt+F4, or just Quit XGM, it CTD's and displays an error message.
    Any idea what might cause this? Because it's silly and annoying...

About foot generals:
    I found that removing the Spartan Royal Guard from the campaign and just adding Spartan generals (for spartans) works quite well, you can still recruit a Royal Guard unit (18 turns), but you now have generals with 40+ spartans protecting them (if unit size is on large). I plan to lower it to 32 (large) though...; but the fun thing is that they gather troops over time and are a lot more fun to play! (but they can still get easily slaughtered by 3 levy phalangites - pikes rule!)

About phalanxes:
    I have had even further thoughts on pikemen and I think their attack should be lowered to:
    - Levy: 5
    - Medium: 6
    - Heavy: 7
    - Elite: 8
    And, to compensate, add AP to their pike attack. This would simulate the pikemen more accurately, because the Sarissas were VERY sharp (pierced roman shields according to historians), but didn't quite deliver the 'punch'.
    The shorter the pikes are, the more powerful the attack, so medium length starts where pike left off:
    - Medium: 10
    - Heavy: 12
    - Elite: 14
    I'm not really sure they should get AP, though I figure they could get a +2 instead of +1 for every next level (debateable..).
    And the short_pikes:
    - Medium: 11
    - Heavy: 13
    - Elite: 15 (if there will be any short_pike elites, then they will be most probably the Spartans...)

Now the more difficult question.... what do you guys think?
    Foot generals are a good idea. Espically replacing the body guards with the Spartan royal guard. It's more historically accurate. Spartans were an elite officer corps in that era anyway, they lacked the numbers to really form a unit of any kind, aside from body guard duties.

The pike ideas sound good too.

Internazionale's Avatar Campidoctor

The Spartans at full force could send about 8.000 fully equipped Spartiates at any know time in the 400 BC years

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Well, we're talking more like 280BC or so...