Page 43 of 116 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243444546474849505152536893 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Requests

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

Default Re: Feature Requests

It could be called Hairs of Alexander, or even better Heirs of Alexander or TBM - the best mod. sorry for the stupid jokes but i'm really used to XGM to try to change it

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Well, the current bonuses could be replaced by tax/trade/farming ones instead that could also be distributed a bit more in some faction's homelands so they won't loose everything with their capital...
    Other than that, if you upload your work it will be easier for DBH to integrate some features into XGM as well as some of the new units you created...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Alright i'll zip and upload it tonight, if I have time..
    Though it's still a rough WIP and the battlefield textures could need some improvements, not really many new units I must say - This reminds me, Maraxus, I sent you an e-mail with a few textures that need to be turned into IGCS ones.

Never thought about the tax and trade bonuses, very good idea. I'll just take out the campaign script for a while and experiment with double tax bonus.

Maraxus's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    This reminds me, Maraxus, I sent you an e-mail with a few textures that need to be turned into IGCS ones.
    sorry, i never check that e-mail, i only use it for big attachments, ill get to work on those.

also in regarts to further recoloring, my semester is over on may 20th, Ill have all summer to tinker with skins if you want
    Last edited by Maraxus; April 26, 2007 at 04:29 PM.

"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." -Alexander the Great.

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

Dime is it possible to expand a little the thracian AOR? to include naisus and Sardika... other request- can you add light thracian cavalry as aor unit? While i'm on thrace - shouldn't we scrap the militia cavalry for them? We could add heavier javelin cavalry - like the thorakitai, for the higher level barracks

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

Maraxus: How about a green version of the Macedonian roster? (Epirus) The colour is only slightly darker than the original Brutii, but it's essentially the same green - white mix. but still try to make them notably darker forest green, don't want to go all neon on these units, heh..)

I'll try and upload XGM - Diadochi 6.1 tonight, you should then download and test it and have a look at epirus... Total filesize is ~384 MB, so it will be a long upload.. (6-7 hrs tops)
    Last edited by RedFox; April 27, 2007 at 03:02 AM.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Kara Kolyo: All sound like good ideas. You might see them in the next version.

Is Dark XGM is what XGM is going to become or is this a side project ?

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

scannerfish: RedFox will release it as a stand-alone mod. Features that I like, or enough other people like, will be merged into some future release of XGM.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Also, eastern regions could have something similar to pontic heavies for AOR cav, it's historical (EB mada asabara) and gives you something different than greek cav for seleucids...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Maraxus: How about a green version of the Macedonian roster? (Epirus) The colour is only slightly darker than the original Brutii, but it's essentially the same green - white mix. but still try to make them notably darker forest green, don't want to go all neon on these units, heh..)

I'll try and upload XGM - Diadochi 6.1 tonight, you should then download and test it and have a look at epirus... Total filesize is ~384 MB, so it will be a long upload.. (6-7 hrs tops)
    yeah, after looking at the Green IGCS in hind sight they could be toned down a bit, they always seem a bit too bright when the sun hits them just right. Maybe I'll redo them for XGM when i do your Macs, there will be a lot of cross over anyways.
    I'm looking forward to see Dark XGM, Maybe we can convince DBH to integrate some gaul/generic celtic rebels?

Also DBH, how about making the Italic Mercs (old samnites) recruitable as an AOR in Messina only, to represent the Mammertine population?

"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." -Alexander the Great.

Scrap the "Dark XGM", made some better use of vocabulary and Photoshop...

Rome - Total War: Diadochi

Redfox, After looking at your logo I think it needs to reference XGM in some way, like the way Alexander referenced Rome.

---------XGM----------
    DIADOCHI
    -----------------------

I thought of that version before too, but I really love the trashed Rome logo
    I'll take a look and make an XGM - Diadochi (the proper one) version of the logo.

By the way, i'm probably going to make this for BI only, though it could be changed...

I also found quite a substantial amount of bugs in the version I uploaded, I'm already working on a patch as I write this.

large walls- bring zem back!!! multiple layers of defence in cities would be insanely fun!!! or at leats have to smash down the governers palace gate to get to the flag or sumthin = VERY CLIMATIC!!!!!!!!

I thought about adding acropolis in the center of Greek cities, which would mean you have to go upstairs towards a row of pikes... to reach ze flag - yikes!

If this will ever get implemented, it will be a thing for the future for sure.

Question: Would it be possible to make it so that your Spartan Phalangites would have to go through a certain amount of battles until you could bring them back to convert them to Spartan Royal Guards?

It isn't possible with simple game mechanics, there has to be a background script running, that monitors the battles and what kill stats your unit has.
    Then depending on how successful the battle was, it would change the value of a trigger, if a certain amount of level triggers have been activated, it can create an unit in your capital for example.

But no direct way of upgrading them like that (unless they are a general unit..). Besides, the Spartan Royal Guard is a relic of history - just the idea of helot slave pikemen converting into the upmost ancient royal elite infantry is absurd.
    Besides, when the game starts there are about 700 royal spartans left. Which judging to the reduction of sizes in RTW would make it possible to have 35 Spartans available to recruit. And with the known limit of 400 as min male pop would reduce it to a mere 15.

So, basically, no.

Could you please tell me where to download this mod? Or is this an information for the Beta-Testers? Because this Mini-Mod sounds awesom

The version that is uploaded was a buggy inside beta, not available for public download.

And I wouldn't call this a mini-mod, it's around 700mb unpacked.. completely different from XGM, too.

i'm putting in a request for some more titles to bestow on factions that have civil wars... I'm playing the Ptolemaic empire, and as far as i know, Strategos is the only title available. It would be great to have a few more titles to chuck around so that i don't erupt in massive civil war every few turns!

I love the challenge, but there's only so much you can do at the moment.

Cheers