Page 48 of 116 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748495051525354555657587398 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Requests

Maraxus's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Feature Requests

hey redfox, are those skins in the current Diadochi build on the FTP, I haven't really updated since you first gave me access. There has been talk about a lot of changes lately and I fear im a bit lost and confused, if its new Ill get it ASAP.

"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." -Alexander the Great.

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Thanks for the positive comments

All we need now is to get them integrated in the next release along with KLA units...
    They still need some major optimization, they cause quite a bit lag to my system when massed into a solid infantry line, so you'll have to patient until they are ready for some sort of a release.
    I'm also thinking of releasing Diadochi prematurely, because frankly I don't have time to do all the stuff that is needed and I hate the idea of delaying it even further, so expect something released on the 1st of July, unpolished or not.

hey redfox, are those skins in the current Diadochi build on the FTP, I haven't really updated since you first gave me access. There has been talk about a lot of changes lately and I fear im a bit lost and confused, if its new Ill get it ASAP.
    No, I haven't had any time to upload the new build and I'm afraid it's taking me longer than I anticipated. I'll upload all the Barbarian skins for you in a second, browse the /Maraxus directory for them.
    I also need some help with the new Asthetairoi skins, they look absolutely crap right now, so i'll include some Greek skins too, for you to tweak.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Ok, I decided to try organizing things a bit better.
    From now on requests about units should go in the specific topic that I just opened and stickied, hopefully this should make everybody's life easier on the unit making side and keep this topic for larger requests.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Zarax: I also think you guys should organize EDU and DMB to have specific sections to browse through.

Barbarians
    Carthaginians
    Egyptians
    Greeks
    Romans
    Mercenaries/ AOR units

Also factional folders for models_unit and textures

This would simplify modding quite a bit and make it faster to browse for the files. When I took a look at EB's texture folder I was literally dumbstruck to see how messy it was (so many textures!).

Cymera's Avatar Roma Invictus

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    ..... I was literally dumbstruck to see how messy it was (so many textures!).
    Why this is funny, I have no idea!

Under the Patronage of the Wise Kara Kolyo in the Hallowed House of Wilpuri
    Proud Patron of the Charming
    Balikedes, an Insightful and Tactful Warrior.

Extended Greek Mod (XGM) Lover ..... A mod by DimeBagHo

"
    The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by
    experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct
    "

- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Drop the Thracians - bring back the Dacians. Split the thracian roster between Dacia and Macedon.

Any spare faction slots available give to; Independent Celtic Tribes (a shadow faction for Gaul) - spread them from Burdigalia to borders of Dacia and make them at war with Rome, neutral to everyone else. Gaul at war with Germans, neutral elsewhere amnd see what happens.

Keep Baktria as a faction (my new favourite)

Faction in arabia? Keep up the good work on Colonies and slowing down Iberia AI.

Cheers

Warmaster's Avatar Miles

I dont know how likely it is, but if a rebel gaul faction *was* to be added it'd probably be a good idea to give it some provinces in Britain so it gets used again.

LucretiusTC's Avatar Biarchus

If I remembered it right then the Senate slot would be still available for some other Faction. I think the best place to use it would be somewhere between Scythia, Macedonia and Adriatic Sea. Then the choices would be Dacia, Illyria or the larger option "Independent Celtic Tribes".

If it was Illyria, it would probably need 3 Settlements (Aemona, Salona and the third possible new settlement) to survive. A good thing about Illyria is its geographical position where the Greeks, Macedonians, Thracians, Gauls, Germans and Romans may have an access. A bad thing for Illyrians is probably that they didn´t show same kind of ambitions to expand like Gauls or Germans did at the ancient times.

Hippias´ suggestion for Indepedent Celtic Tribes makes sense when you think of the Gauls. Those guys fought against everybody from Iberia to Asia Minor!

I also like to keep Bactria on the map if even there wasn´t the Seleucid Rebels because of it. Or maybe the Attalids of Pergamon could be the new Seleucid Rebels in western Asia Minor? I like the idea that the campaign map is in full use and those new settlement changes in Africa sounds great!

Then the whole other thing about those buildings. How about giving back Arenas their public order bonuses? In XGM 4 versions it helped a lot to keep those big cities happy when you could use both low/normal/high/very high tax rate and daily/monthly/yearly races & games options.

Luc.

Quote Originally Posted by LucretiusTC View Post
    Hippias´ suggestion for Indepedent Celtic Tribes makes sense when you think of the Gauls. Those guys fought against everybody from Iberia to Asia Minor!
    I agree with Hippias, I would love to see Indy Celts on par with the Indy Greek cities in XGM. We could have them represent Galatia, Dacia, Celt Iberia, and give the Gauls a shadowing faction at the same time. Heres the best part, make their capital Ireland and They'll never get destroyed.

"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." -Alexander the Great.

You really should add another infantry unit to scythia. Even some basic spearmen would be nice.

Could you get rid of all the individual rebel factions (Roman rebels, Greek rebels, Carthaginian rebels, Ptolemaic rebels) and instead give us different factions to play as (Epirus, Britons, Dacia, Cyrene, India, China)?

Mr Longbowman's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion44 View Post
    Could you get rid of all the individual rebel factions (Roman rebels, Greek rebels, Carthaginian rebels, Ptolemaic rebels) and instead give us different factions to play as (Epirus, Britons, Dacia, Cyrene, India, China)?
    Yeah, i agree on that

You can at least change their names to more regional names.

It would be cool with an indian faction, could copy some units from Alexander then

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion44 View Post
    China??!?!

Cymera's Avatar Roma Invictus

I hold that the rebel factions add a degree of depth that makes XGM rather unique. Though I wouldn't mind seeing my people back in the game....

Most of you should know who I'm talking about if I am Romanian.

Under the Patronage of the Wise Kara Kolyo in the Hallowed House of Wilpuri
    Proud Patron of the Charming
    Balikedes, an Insightful and Tactful Warrior.

Extended Greek Mod (XGM) Lover ..... A mod by DimeBagHo

"
    The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by
    experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct
    "

- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Cymera View Post
    I hold that the rebel factions add a degree of depth that makes XGM rather unique. Though I wouldn't mind seeing my people back in the game....

Most of you should know who I'm talking about if I am Romanian.
    agreed - on-line custom battle - Cymera vs Kara Kolyo to see which faction stays in - Dacia or Thrace

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

The rebel factions are required for the loyalty mechanism to work. Likewise the generic names are required because those factions are re-emergent and could show up anywhere later in the game.

There is one free faction slot, and it is possible that one or more of the rebel factions will be re-used though. In that case the most likely factions to be added are (1) Another steppe faction, (2) Another Gallic faction, (3) India. ATM I'm leaning towards (2) for the spare faction slot.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Another gallic faction would be good as shadow faction for the gauls, otherwise it would need some good differentiation from the actual ones...
    We could keep the actual gauls as the averni and use the new faction as the aedui, which were more influenced by iberian, hellenistic and germanic culture and military... EB roster has a few interesting units for inspiration.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

You could add in the Sarmatians or have the Scythians be one Sarmatian group and the spare slot be the Aorsi for another .

Heres a new twist on an old idea... what for it... Ethnic Governors.

Heres my proposal, make a client kingdom building in the same tree as the Native culture building. At the client kingdom building you can recruit an ethnic governor based on the native culture. These ethnic governors could be made to have no strat map movement points so they are tied to their city/province. http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpo...5&postcount=16 The ethnic governors would have public order traits, such as simply being a cultural natives themselves. They could appear on the battle map as a small unit of elite AORs with a General but make them small and weak. (pretty much the same as the current governor proposal)

Why, you ask, well my current Carthaginian campaign just conquered Rome and the public unrest is huge, I need giant garrisons of Faction leaders there just to keep the place happy. Conversion is a long expensive drawn out process. In some cases I'd like to rule an area but not convert them, instead establish a puppet kingdom and pump out AORs and nothing else. This might also be useful in Galatia if you don't want to snub out the Barbarians culturally for example.

I do have some historical support too. The Persian Empire used Satraps to grant regions autonomy and tolerance of different cultures. Later the Roman Empire used Decurions to keep far off provinces happy by letting the local/ethnic social elites keep running the show on the small scale. I would think the Greeks would be equally tolerant in certain situations. I can't really see the barbarians doing this, so maybe they could be excluded from using them, but Easterners and Westerners would definitely use ethnic governors.

Granted my coding knowledge/ability is novice at best, this may not even be possible for all i know, but it sounds so tempting to me.

I love Maraxus's idea about the governors, it there anyway that could work? Because my last campaign as the Ptolemies ended horribly because I couldn't handle the unrest in my provinces, even though I had huge armies, governors, western cultures, and executions squares.