Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 722232425262728293031323334353637383940414257 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Issues

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Issues

dime something's really wrong with the loyalty ctd in the last version. i had ctd's in two sieges when reinforcement army attacked me - once with the greeks agains macedon and just now after a crazy battle with parthia against the seleucid rebels for Bactra. both times i intentionally didn't slaughter all of the enemy but still ctd
    Edit: tried it wit auto win and then i can get the cities but that's not really cool btw can the parthians get a garrison unit like the town watch? if sparabara don't require barracs would be nice
    Last edited by Kara Kolyo; April 30, 2007 at 01:58 PM.

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

just a very small bug issue.

Playing as the Ptolemies, i can't recruit any auxiliaries from arabia... The auxiliary barracks say i should be able to build desert infantry and camel warriors, but no dice.

Balikedes's Avatar Time to Rock

Quote Originally Posted by mischief View Post
    just a very small bug issue.

Playing as the Ptolemies, i can't recruit any auxiliaries from arabia... The auxiliary barracks say i should be able to build desert infantry and camel warriors, but no dice.
    I've been having the same problem: As the GCS I've taken Sicily and was able to recruit Italic Infantry at first, then I upgraded the Aux Barracks and now can't recruit Italic Inf.
    The same goes for the thracian auxiliary barracks in Byzantium, I was able to recruit Thracian peltasts when I first took the city. I upgraded the Aux Barracks because it said I could then recruit Thracian peltasts and Falxmen, though once I upgraded the barracks I can't recruit either...very strange. Was really looking forward to sending a unit of falxmen into the maelstrom...any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Balikedes
    Patron of Suppanut, relentless work, check it out.
    XGM Command - A Sub-Mod of the Extended Greek Mod and now included in Diadochi: Total War

HardSun on XBoxLive - Destiny and other stuff

LucretiusTC's Avatar Biarchus

I have played a highly successful Parthian campaign and I have started to like those Parthian Horse Archers and Persian Cavalry, because they are so cheap and efficient against any enemies. Personally I prefer to use cost-effective battle units when it is possible.

But I have noticed recently that there are some kind of problems with those higher level buidings. It seems like "Market" (3 turns) gives that right kind of trade effect and increases the income and population growth. But when I decided to build "Bazaar" (4 turns) to the cities like Nisa, Zadracarta, Merv, Charax or Istakhr, I don´t see any changes in "Settlement Details" window. I have met same kind of problems with "Spice Road" (5 turns), and again the lower level building "Trade Caravan" (3 turns) seems to work okay. Other buildings that increases e.g. public order seems to work fine and "Settlement Details" window shows the future changes.

I was wondering if anyone else has met same kind of problems in that area with Parthians or Seleucids?

Otherwise the game has been running smoothly with this XGM 4.2.9 version.

Luc.

maybe if you have higher level barracs, grain import and such buildings, they negate the trade effect?

Proud patron of Cymera

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Dime, Zarax: Have you ever encountered a bug similar to this?
    "invalid building level specified : level 3 of grain_imports is missing"
    Or something along the lines of that. It's really annoying and I think it's causing the campaign exit crash.

game ctd when i was besieging a roman (rebel) city with the romans. i was using a lot of artillery ( ballistas, onagers, etc.) to reek havoc on the city before i went in with my legions and it ctd.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Randal: That might have just been bad luck - lots of burning buildings can put more strain on your video card, memory, etc. But it might also be a problem with the settlement plans - it may be that there is a problem with the "on fire" version of one of the building types. If anyone else runs into this problem it would be useful to know what faction the city belonged to, the culture type of the city, the city level, and so on. A saved game file would also be useful.

RedFox: I have seen that error but unfortunately I can't remember what caused it. Did you get a file name with the error? My best guess is that you have gone over the limit for the number of building types - so your export_descr_buildings.txt file is parsing ok, but the game is not finding that level in the database when it needs it later.

mischief, LucretiusTC, Balikedes: I found the problem with the AOR Falxmen, and a couple of minor errors in the Market and Silk Road bonuses. I couldn't find any problems with the Arabian AOR units. Anyone else have this problem?

If the max amount of sub-buildings is 8-9, then it should be alright, it only appears sometimes and most annoyingly, if you play the campaign, it'll crash on exit.

Edit: By the way, it didn't seem to crash on the second load, I just quit normally after loading the game and it worked fine. I figure it has something to do with the startup script...
    Last edited by RedFox; June 14, 2007 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    If the max amount of sub-buildings is 8-9, then it should be alright, it only appears sometimes and most annoyingly, if you play the campaign, it'll crash on exit.
    There's also a limit on the number of building trees - you can have a max of 64 trees, with nine buildings per tree.
    Edit: By the way, it didn't seem to crash on the second load, I just quit normally after loading the game and it worked fine. I figure it has something to do with the startup script...
    If you try to spawn a building that isn't in the db that might cause the problem. Spawning a building of a type that is already present in a settlement can also cause problems, but I doubt if that is the cause of the problem you are having.

Well, I did add bonus for the AI that just places Blacksmith and Militia Barracks in every non-player settlement... So naturally there has to be a collision somewhere.

Although, I reduced the 3 monument building trees from 9 slots to 8, moved the rest to the last one and it seems to work fine. Haven't had the Campaign quit CTD for some time now.

By the way, the Carthaginian campaign is being a blast for me, :wub: love it! Might upload a new internal beta in near future - once Maraxus sends me the textures that is..

Maraxus's Avatar Semisalis

I plan on finishing and uploading the Achaeans tonight, the Attalids are already on the FTP

"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." -Alexander the Great.

Great news, i'm going to put them in as fast as I can, maybe even post some screenshots later this evening.

Balikedes's Avatar Time to Rock

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    Great news, i'm going to put them in as fast as I can, maybe even post some screenshots later this evening.
    ...pretty much sums up my feelings about this...
    Patron of Suppanut, relentless work, check it out.
    XGM Command - A Sub-Mod of the Extended Greek Mod and now included in Diadochi: Total War

HardSun on XBoxLive - Destiny and other stuff

Bad news, need to tweak a lot of textures, mainly copy-paste shields and incorporate with new changes... so yeah, no screenies.

i downloaded the mod and whenever i start a custom or battle in the campaign my game crashes and a pop up says cannot find data/models/textures/#standard_battle_glow_general.tga any place i can download this file ?

Cymera's Avatar Roma Invictus

Reinstall.

Under the Patronage of the Wise Kara Kolyo in the Hallowed House of Wilpuri
    Proud Patron of the Charming
    Balikedes, an Insightful and Tactful Warrior.

Extended Greek Mod (XGM) Lover ..... A mod by DimeBagHo

"
    The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by
    experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct
    "

- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by DEA7H View Post
    i downloaded the mod and whenever i start a custom or battle in the campaign my game crashes and a pop up says cannot find data/models/textures/#standard_battle_glow_general.tga any place i can download this file ?
    Try running the XGM installer again. My best guess is that your original data folder has been changed by another mod - so you may need to re-install and re-patch RTW.

Miles

I know this isn't really a bug with XGM, but had heard they had fixed this with BI...Why are enemy ships still able to leave port even during a blockade?

Is there any way for anyone to fix this? It's not a real big deal, just unrealistic, and a little annoying.

Thanks for your time.

I think it's not possible without reworking of the campaign map. Might be mistaken though. Think of them as blocade runners

Proud patron of Cymera