Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Eve Online

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Eve Online

Why are those cruiser types so expensive?

The fits would be driving the price up. Meta 4 modules are ridiculously expensive, but that are almost as effective as T2 mods - the price reflects the lower skill requirement.

Condors are dirt cheap, but if you put a good fit on it, the price skyrockets. My stealth bomber (manticore ) is 23 million at Jita prlice, but the price of outfitting it drives it up to 34+ million.

If you ever find violence doesn't solves anything, you haven't used enough.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

If any of you are interested a few of us are making an MCC/TWC corp. For those who don't know, MCC is related to TWC (owned by TWC's site owner) but for Minecraft.

Here's a link to the thread.

UselessPoster's Avatar Semisalis

I shall join you once they allow users to play for free. I strongly disagree with a paid subscription based game and I will never allow myself to take part in that behaviour.
    Q2 2015 ...

Time to go on a killing spree in HATRED .

You can pay for free - you just have to be able to earn enough in-game currency.

I usef to be the same way as you, but it turns out I enjoy it and play it enough to justify the cost. Besides, the sub is the same as buying 2-3 games a year. If you play it for 200 hours in the year, isn't that worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by TiberiousCarpet View Post
    I shall join you once they allow users to play for free. I strongly disagree with a paid subscription based game and I will never allow myself to take part in that behaviour.
    I think free -to-play games always end up in a bad situation though.With paid subscriptions they can keep the community close together and create an overall better experience for them. There is always good, new content in this system but in FTP you have to pay separately for everything which in the end sets you back more than it should and the overall quality of the game is lowered.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
    You can pay for free - you just have to be able to earn enough in-game currency.
    I usef to be the same way as you, but it turns out I enjoy it and play it enough to justify the cost.
    Funny guy.

I say the cost does seem a bit too much. I'd be much happier with $10 per month.

Ah I see the typo there.

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The problem with free-to-play games is that they are also pay-to-win. World of Tanks is a good example of this.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Incontinenta Buttox♔ View Post
    The problem with free-to-play games is that they are also pay-to-win. World of Tanks is a good example of this.
    I play world of tanks. Its nowhere close to being pay to win. The premium tanks are worse than their same tier counterparts. Problem is that most people refuse to learn how to play the game.

Please tell me how it is pay-to-win?

Two words...

gold

ammo

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Incontinenta Buttox♔ View Post
    Two words...

gold

ammo
    I knew you were gonna say that.

1. Gold ammo can be bought with normal credits as well. You don't need real money to get it. Even when gold ammo was only for gold. Not a lot of people used it. They just knew where to shoot you.

2. Most common mistakes people make is when they get penned is, accuse others of gold ammo because they just dont know how the game mechanics work.
    Last edited by keldor; October 17, 2013 at 08:58 AM. Reason: spelling/grammar

Poach's Avatar Civitate

This is an EVE thread, not a WoT thread. Discuss that in the WoT forum.

Shortly before I went online last night, a tornado fleet had formed up and were waiting outside a POS for a titan bridge. 6 hostile stealth bombers decloaked and launched bombs.

Results: 1 hostile destroyed, 50 friendly Tornadoes blown out of the sky.

After waiting in vain for the chance to bomb 4 carriers which were allegedly spotted repping something, I went and did what few self-respecting PvPers would try. I went mining in my alt.

Well I moved down to NPC Stain a few weeks ago, hoping to get space rich. My new corpies are all very rich indeed. The other day one of them got an office spawn which dropped 15 billion worth of loot.

by comparison, it's taken me a year to amass 1.5 billion.

What alliance are you in GreyFox?

Northern Army - it's run by NCdot (my corp is run by MV). Right now pretty much everything is being SRP'd while we gain momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
    Northern Army - it's run by NCdot (my corp is run by MV). Right now pretty much everything is being SRP'd while we gain momentum.
    NC. - I remember the NC. deployment to Providence a short while ago, with that damn Rattlesanke doctrine. Shame there weren't many good fights to be had. Nulli Secundia however, knew how to bring good fights.

So how long do you think, before the inevitable final showdown with Goons and the CFC happens?

I dunno much about the politics tbh, all I want to do is blap ships. But everyone is saying its coming some time in the next few months (though they've been saying the same thing since Fountain fell).

Alls I know is goons.

TLDR: Do not play this game - it's a scam.

2004 player here - have payed subs for the game ever since, however, the game is coming to its end - CCP decided to make events that caused the T20 scandal back in '05 that were at least labeled as developer misconduct rather than official company policy.

They gifted a real money trade gambling site with unfathomable rewards for a legally highly questionable scamming business twice in a row that's heavily involved in the games rampant real money trade business and the site in question should have been banned to begin with.

After player protests, they decided to stop the reward system to keep the freeloader sites reward value as high as possible.

Despite having invested several 1000$ into the game myself, I'd strongly disencourage anyone to play this game.

CCP officially favours scams over non-profit community sites.
    Last edited by Niccolo Machiavelli; October 18, 2013 at 06:00 PM.

Had an absolutely amazing night. Took my stealth bomber out to Hed-GP and with a corp mate decided to do our best to bomb a gate camp. We knew we wouldn't cause much damage, bu it would be fun. A senior member of our patron corp was on our TS and heard us doing this, and got a real bomber fleet up, which we joined, and we blapped the gatecamp properly. Most of them got away, but we got 4 or 5 ships and a couple of pods.

Then a call went out for assistance in taking on a 300 man neutral/hostile fleet. We went out as a bomber wing, and proceeded to spend the next hour playing cat and mouse in a system, doing bombing runs when the chance presented itself.

Once we got back to base, my corp was tasked with providing bomber support while dreadnoughts and carriers went and bashed a POS. No action on that.

While on the way back to our staging system, a call went out for as many bombers and Blops Battleships as possible to take on a heavy gatecamp back in HED-GP (again).

We were bridged, thne bridged in on top of them, where we torped battleships and battlecruisers, wiping out the majority of the camp.

All in all I was on 70+ killmails and am now the top killer in the corp (that won;t last long).

It was awesome.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast