Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: B.E.I.C. Download Version 1.0 & Technical Help

Default Re: B.E.I.C. Download Version 1.0 & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Krimdor View Post
    Anyone knows a solution for my problem?
    I have Norton IS 2011 installed and when I finish downloading BEIC it analyzes the file but then deletes it because it think BEIC is dangerous... so I can't play this mod :/ Anyone knows anything about Norton and how to solve my problem? :/
    Didn`t you read the first sentence?

Important Note: Norton Antivirus give out an not correct virus warning for this mod. it will automatically delete the installer file after finishing the download. The file is checked carefully for viruses and other harmful software, and is clean. You have to deactivate Norton for the download. There are no problems reported with other antivir software till now.

Quote Originally Posted by ComnenusTheOne View Post
    Motherer!!! I had to uninstall DMUC, i had to check with steam to verify my files, i had to reinstall BEIC but MOTHERER, the mod owns. It OWNS!!!! I am coming back from 2 hours of straight killing in custom battles. ITS AWESOME!!!

Next stop: 1850s style for GB, France and Russia and reenact the Crimean War... come oooooooon, you know you can do it!!!
    Thanks mate

Dangit, lol you got me there I really didn't see it o.O Thanks a million times shokh
    Last edited by Krimdor; May 01, 2011 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karaislam View Post
    finally i played and liked.

1-in custom battle there is no new music
    2-in custom battle in the soldier list names are not correct.
    3-i dont see any musician in my squad plus i dont hear their march music
    4-officers are looking with binocular but actually they have not.
    5-in the campaign map musics working but i swear 1 time i hear a vanilla empire track.
    6-upps also i need a soldier type who is laying those woods against enemy cavalry.it must be gurkhas.but they havent this ability.one of company soldier must have this.change this please later.

i liked all ur work.faction lists are nice too.i dont like so many kind soldiers in my army.its not realistic.also i didnt take any ctd .its working smootly plus turn times looks abit shorter than vanilla.
    Hello mate

1 - This i have written before, not modable by us. Vanilla will override it in costum battles.
    2 - Please more exact, didn´t know a bug there.
    3 - Only Scots have a musician.
    4 - hm okay
    5 - The are 3 india instrumental tracks left from vanilla i really liked
    6 - Yes, maybe we change this in the next version.

Thanks for your feedback mate and have fun playing.

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

now i am at work.but in custom battle if my enemy is rebels their soldiers as vanilla in unit cards.u know right now they ve a full army unit cards of that army as vanilla as far as i remember.but if i delete and make a new army so i see new rebel units

also that sharp woods i really love them.

Ah okay now i know what you mean. Yes the starting army must be deleted, correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimdor View Post
    Dangit, lol you got me there I really didn't see it o.O Thanks a million times shokh
    No problem mate. I think i should write how to deactivate Norton, this program is very stubborn.

Anyway, nice you solved it mate, have fun with the mod mate.

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

The mod is really great. One problem I had was with other mods and this only applies to anyone who has them installed. BEIC works with the ACW and TAR (The American revolution) Mods ok but the names in BEIC do not show up, for example BEIC faction is “ Knights’ of st john” If the unit_pack_compatibility_project_v6_1 loc file is removed from the data file TAR crashes.
    What I tried was to add the unit_pack_compatibility_project_v6_1 loc data to the BEIC_txt loc and then renamed it unit_pack_compatibility_project_v6_1 and replaced the one in the data file with it.
    Now all the details in BEIC are fine in the campaign ,unit cars. Units show up and are named ok in ACW and TAR unit names are ok but some things are wrong. In TAR for example the United states faction is called the “Confederate states” Just broke away from the Union a bit earlier than they should. Hope this made sense.
    Would be good if some bright spark could update the unit_pack_compatibility_project_v6_1 loc data to get all the mods names showing.

Yes text changing files like the Unit_compatible_project can making problems because this are self starting files. I will take a look to handle them in the next launcher.

after my ctd's with tar and acw i think its better to play with this.

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    Yes text changing files like the Unit_compatible_project can making problems because this are self starting files. I will take a look to handle them in the next launcher.
    That would be good Shokh

What you can do Karaislam is make a new file inside your data file and put the unit_pack_compatibility_project_v6_1 loc in it. When you want to play TAR or ACW bring it out into the data file and remove it again when you are playing BEIC.
    I just gave some rebels as serious beating. I only lost 14 men and didn’t take many prisoners’. Great fun!

I don’t see any way of upgrading /researching technology to update mines farms etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelnire View Post
    That would be good Shokh

What you can do Karaislam is make a new file inside your data file and put the unit_pack_compatibility_project_v6_1 loc in it. When you want to play TAR or ACW bring it out into the data file and remove it again when you are playing BEIC.
    I just gave some rebels as serious beating. I only lost 14 men and didn’t take many prisoners’. Great fun!

I don’t see any way of upgrading /researching technology to update mines farms etc.
    he somewhere mentioned it ll begin around 20-25 turns.i think i just passed 8-9 turns and beat up a rebellion army.it was nice battle.

but i didnt see primergy grass mod.in next version add it please shokh

but i didnt see primergy grass mod.in next version add it please shokh
    Will be done

dear shokh in ur free time can u share ur ideas for the version 2/or next patch?what u would like to add/change in the next version/patch?thanks.

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

EXCELLENT! can't wait to play the release version!

Shouldn't TWC give us a Front Page Announcement?
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0

dear shokh in ur free time can u share ur ideas for the version 2/or next patch?what u would like to add/change in the next version/patch?thanks.
    Yes, for sure. At first i will wait if any bigger problems coming up with this version.
    Beside that i have to know how primergy have time and sir digby.

Then when i know about the resources i plan what all can take place in 2.0 and how big it will be.

@ Reverend Scot: I will ask

shokh in campaign map my general before fight they take sword or after victory he kills the enemy with sword but he has no a sword.

officer binocular has no

princeley states my ally but if i look at their land from the radar map i see them neutral not as my ally

these were the bugs

suggestions as i play as beic i ve much money and its too easy campaign.i play normal-normal.u must make game little harder.musics are nice but in battle would be better to have faster one.plus gurkhas must be able to lay sharp woods.u must add grass mod plus atmosferic voice mod.http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=275757 here is this minimod.soldiers crying when they are under fire.i like this.for now its all.

thank u so much for ur efforts.i ll continue to my campaign.

Oh one point i forgot, the mod is balanced for hard/hard!

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    Oh one point i forgot, the mod is balanced for hard/hard!
    this mod is awesome.i want next version.