Thread: Steam and Crysis issues...

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

Icon5 Steam and Crysis issues...

I bought Crysis + Warhead yesterday because of a steam sale where both of the games are €6,30. IIRC the sale is still going on, anyway when I tried installing it today multiple things went wrong, I was forced to install Gamespy Comrade (I asked someone else who is able to play Crysis and he refused to install that thing) otherwise the steam installation would cancel. And now whenever I try to run the game it asks me for the serial key, steam automatically fills that in but the prompt won't accept it, says it's invalid or something. I only tried the standard Crysis, didn't bother with Warhead yet because I figured it would just give me the same problems.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    It's quite a...
    *puts on sunglasses*
    Crysis that I'm dealing with .

But seriously, does anyone know what I can do about this?
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Steam and Crysis issues...

I was talking to another friend of mien who refused to accept the comrade thing too and he isnt having problems with it. Looks like its a problem with that.

Ok, I'll try to get rid of that garbage see if that helps.
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

Still won't work.

It won't work for me either, Crysis isn't working for anyone who bought it in the steam sale, there's a problem with securom apparently.
    Who'd have thought that yet again anti-piracy measures would hurt people who actually bought the game rather than people who pirated it?

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

I and a few others I know got it in the steam sale and it works for us.

There's some problems with the keys. Just wait it out I guess.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

i deleted the gamespy comrade folder which forces the game to launch without installing it

I think what's happened is that the keys haven't been activated yet. Still, considering I got Crysis for £2.50, I'm not going to complain about a couple of hours'/days' wait.
    Is she... you know...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ?

Apparently they fixed it now and I can play it, well I think my computer specs aren't enough to handle it but I can play it .