Page 229 of 231 FirstFirst ... 129179204219220221222223224225226227228229230231 LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,580 of 4605

Thread: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Default Re: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

hmmm kind of complicated to explain and it's late but basically you copy-paste the textures and cas files in the data/models_unit and insert them in export_descr_unit.txt and descr_model_battle.txt if you want to change existing ones and if you want to add others well this is more complicated... or you could simply wait for the game me and my team are currently developing and try it as a beta tester if you're experienced... just click my sig... all the best! vis

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

The Flavian Winter Division pack is not the same as replacing vanilla original romans,you need the Ferres 1.5 roman pack for this. They are unique units,which you need to create text for also,ie the unit stats and unit descriptians. As you seem new here,it would be confusing,so easiest if you have vanilla RTW,go to the Ferres 1.5 romans and it is complete with all the stats etc to put in your game.

Praetorian_BGX's Avatar Ordinarius

is it possible to upload NEW_TIBERIAN_LEGION model without cape?thanks.Great work.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must
    ."
    -Thucydides

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

About the Claudian pack i have realized the first legionary cohort units card don't have the Eagle symbol in the corner just like they did in the old 1.5 modding legions pack.

I have decided to give up all RTW mods but thoughts I could give me a try to mod myself as I did once. I have decided to start from these sets. Now I have had a look at the reply at page 227 with all included skins. However I would like to know where to grab some barbarian stuff to replace the vanilla one. Thx.

Hi, I'm new, can someone tell me how to install this pls ? (sry for my english)

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

@ED
    just download the actual packages. they include mostly Thracian and german units

@GP
    you need a clean unmodded version of rome tw (i have BI1:6)
    then download all part you like some pages
    best way you print a tutorial "how to add units" and test ist by yourself

btw "the great ancient world IV" mod from the released mod section have many units from this included
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; April 06, 2013 at 03:53 AM.

LiquidSantanero's Avatar Miles
    Aruba, (in the Caribean, not Middle-East)

hallo people!! its been a while again since I dropped by and said hello. Milner, Algaman, Kylan. How are you guys? Straight to the point. Algaman, beautiful units as always. Now I'm in a jam. I can't decide anymore between yours and Ferres' units. It wouldn't have been a problem if I could port rtw to atw. But since I'm having a bit of trouble with that, I'll get to you once or if I manage to succesfully port rtw to atw.

Foederatus

BEAUTIFUL!
    Just...

AWESOME!

My good sir, may I use a few of your skins for a mod I am making please? Much thanks!

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

From the looks of it, the data\text\export_units.txt file is exactly the same as the games. My understanding is that new skins needs to be added to this as well. Why would the creator include a file that is exactly the same as the original? Am I missing something?

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Rome 2...and looking back at the first post I can see that ferres was able to almost get the same amount of detail back with RTW.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

where must i drop that file. "sry i newbie"

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

Hello there, guys.
    looong, long, time no posting here.
    Well, here´s the Tiberian cohort no cloak
    ... maybe a little late, but....
    I will continue in modding work this year
    Regards!!!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

PROUD TEAM MEMBER

Very nice! It's good to see you back for sure!

Default Re: Modding legions full pack(previously caped with shield)

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla View Post
    Ok, so here it is: MODDING LEGIONS FULL PACK v1.5

http://files.filefront.com/modding+l.../fileinfo.html

Features:

• all new post-marian skins
    • new principe skin
    • special legionary late cohorts: Gallic (Julii), Eastern (Scipii), Assaulter (Brutii)
    • light ZOR-system: Italian legionary late cohort only buildable in italy; special legionary late cohorts only buildable outside italy

Installation:

Extensive installation instructions are present. Please be aware that the manual and easy installation are now both more difficult than in older versions of the ML Full Pack. This is due to the light ZOR-system and the inclution of the UI-cards (needs some preparations before you can put them ingame, espacially if you already have UI-cards and have to use the manual installation procedure).

*IMPORTANT*: The archive is packed with 7zip. This is freeware, just search for it using google. Also newer versions of WinRAR can handle it. Reason for using 7zip: ML Full Pack unextracted = 68MB // Compressed with WinRAR = 27MB // Compressed with 7zip = 7.5MB!!!

Compatibility:

From now on the ML Full Pack is only compatible with rtw v1.3 and v1.5. I gave no installation instructions for v1.2 / v1.0. This is because there are much more txt-files necessary with the new ML version and it would be crazy to try to support two sets of these txt files. But I'm sure most of you are playing at least with the v1.3 patch.

Bugs Report

Please report all Bugs here.

There is one feature that is pending, I don't know if it works, so please test it out: I gave the feature "and not hidden_resource italy" to the special legionary cohorts. The game starts fine with in, reporting no error. But I haven't had the time to test if it actually works ingame. I know it works with the marian reforms, but I'm not sure with the hidden ressources...

Screenshots:

pre-marians

Early Standard
    Early Guard Cavalry
    Velites
    Archer
    Peasants
    City Militia
    Hastati
    Principe
    Triarii
    Equites

post marians

Auxillia Archer
    Auxillia Spearman
    Centurio
    Decurio
    Early Legionary Cohort
    Early Legionary First Cohort
    Legionary Cavalry
    Legionary Cohort
    Legionary First Cohort
    Light Infantry
    Praetorian Cavalry
    Praetorian Cavalry
    Roman Cavalry
    Urban Cohort

@ferres: When the screenshots are here it would be cool if you could take the whole post (I will send it to you in code form) and put it in the first post. :original:
    IS there a working download link for the 1.5 romans?
    I have the ARMENIA_SET, CEASARIAN_SET, CLAUDIAN_ROMANS, GREEK_MACEDON_SET, GUARD_PERSIANS, IMPERIAL_ROMAN_SET, PARTHIAN_TEXTURES, PTOLEMAIC_SET and SELEUCID_SET. Am I missing any other sets? This thread is somewhat confusing for downloading the sets.
    Thanks.

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

Hello there bouncebag
    Yes you are missing some of ferres´s packs
    You will need: Legion Revamp, and Officer Lods update, besides If u like the ferres models, I created various sets with a nice - I guess- ferres appearence too.
    Flavian Romans, two sets of Carthaginians, Two sets of Dacians, some Sarmatians units, and a Huge multiple units set, plus some other minor sets too.
    You can see on this thread many downloads links for that, BUT if u search in downloads area, you will find several links for ferres models, and mine´s to.
    Milner my brother, he made various sets too, he has a thread for his units
    I Hope I was a helping hand, regards friend.-

P.S: soon I will upload an Epirus Set!!!!!
    Last edited by Algaman; April 07, 2014 at 08:02 AM. Reason: syntax errors

PROUD TEAM MEMBER

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Very good news

Quote Originally Posted by Algaman View Post

P.S: soon I will upload an Epirus Set!!!!!
    I look forward to this! Good to see you back at work Algaman.

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

Hey guys!
    thanks Dog Fart! It will be soon added, friend!

I was modelling some units for the next release of SPQR, properly, SPQR: TW 8.1
    And I made some gallic models.
    Here´s a kind of preview, I hope u like it.

some close up:

the gaul standard:

If u like you can see more of this new version of SPQR featuring some of my units, on its own thread!
    Soon Epirus!
    Kind Regards, guys!!!!!

PROUD TEAM MEMBER