Thread: My Trip To Kaghan Valley Of Pakistan

Poet's Avatar Praepositus

Default My Trip To Kaghan Valley Of Pakistan

Hy fellow members! I have just visited Kaghan valley of Pakistan and I want to share the memories of that remarkable joruney to happiness and joy. Below I am giving photos and details of the places where I have been.

Kaghan Valley

The Kaghan Valley (Urdu: وادی کاغان) is a valley in the north-east of Mansehra District of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province of Pakistan. It attracts many tourists from around the world. The inhabitants were affected by the earthquake disaster on 8 October 2005.
    The Kaghan valley is named after the town of Kaghan rather than for the Kunhar River which flows through the length of the valley. The valley extends 155 km, rising from an elevation of 2,134 feet (650 m) to its highest point, the Babusar Pass, at 13,690 feet (4,170 m). Popular languages are Hindko and Gojri, while Urdu, Pakistan's national language is also familiar among the locals. The region is Alpine in geography and climate, with forests and meadows dominating the landscape below peaks that reach over 17,000 feet.
    Kunhar River

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Kunhar River (Urdu: دریائے کنہار) also known as Nain Sukh Persian: "eye's repose" is 166 kilometres (103 mi) long river, located primarily in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, northern Pakistan. It is in the Indus River watershed basin.
    Route

The river originates from Lulusar Lake, nearly 48 kilometres (30 mi) upstream from Naran Valley. Waters of Dudipat and Saiful Muluk Lakes feed the river besides glacial waters from Malka Parbat and other high peaks in the valley. The Kunhar flows through the entire Kaghan Valley, Jalkhad, the Naran Valley, Kaghan, Balakot, and Garhi Habibullah.
    The Kunhar River's confluence with the Jhelum River is outside Muzaffarabad, in the Azad Jammu and Kashmir province, Pakistan.
    Lake Saif-ul-Malook

Lake Saiful Muluk (Urdu: سیف الملوک) is a lake located at the northern end of the Kaghan Valley (34°52′37.34″N 73°41′37.71″E) near Naran. It is in the north east of Mansehra District in the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, Pakistan. At an altitude of 3,224 m (10,578 feet) above sea level it is amongst one of the highest lakes in Pakistan.
    The weather here is moderate during day time while the temperature drops to minus degrees at night.
    A fairy tale called Saiful Muluk, written by the famous sufi poet Mian Muhammad Bakhsh, is associated with the lake.[1] It is the story of prince of Persia who fell in love with a fairy princess at the lake.[2] The impact of the lake beauty is of such extent that people believe that fairies come down to lake in full moon.A poet and writer from Balakot Ahmad Hussain Mujahid wrote the story of Saiful Muluk in prose depicting the local version.
    Lake Lolopatsar

Dudipatsar Lake

Dudiptsar Lake or Dudipat Lake is a lake encircled by snow clad peaks in Lulusar-Dudipatsar National Park. The lake lies in the extreme north of the Kaghan Valley, in the Mansehra District, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, in northern Pakistan. The word "dudi" means white and "sar" means lake. This name has been given to the lake because of the white color of snow at surrounding peaks. In summer the water of the lake reflects like a mirror. The word "sar" is used with the name of each lake in the area, translating as 'lake.'
    Ansoo (Tear) Lake

Ansoo Lake is a high-altitude lake (elevation 13,575 feet or 4,137 metres) in the Kaghan Valley in the Mansehra District of the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan. It is near Malika Parbat in the Himalayan range.
    Lalazar Plateau

Lalazar plateau is at an altitude of 10,200 feet (3200 m) above sea level. Its 21 km away from Naran via Battakundi. Some 16 Kilometers from Naran is the Battakundi, another enjoyable spot, the turning point for Lalazar. It is known for its colourful flowers and intoxicating scents. There is a jeepable road from Naran to Lalazar and return trip would cost you Rs.1,000 ( US$17 appox ). Journey tip is almost one hour.
    Shogran Plateau & Siri Paye Lake

Shogran is a village situated on a green plateau in the Naran Valley, northern Pakistan at a height of 2,362 meters above sea level. The village was affected by the earthquake of 2005 when some building were damaged.[1] It is only 10 km from Kiwai village and 34 km from Balakot. The road from Islamabad to Kiwai is metalled and measures 212 km. From Shogran, you can ride a jeep or horse or hike to several picturesque places like Siri, Paye and Makra Peak. Hotels and motels are easily available at affordable costs. The local people are friendly and helpful.
    Sohni Fall

I hope you have also fell in love with this lush green valley. I am waiting for your comments.
    "I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion far from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Saviour of Humanity. I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today." 'The Genuine Islam,' Vol. 1, No. 8, 1936.Sir George Bernard Shaw

Haldred's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: My Trip To Kaghan Valley Of Pakistan

That's really nice, Poet. Now I have one question for you: Can you smuggle me into Pakistan? =D It's beautiful there. I particularly like Lake Saif-ul-Malook, I could spend months just relaxing there.

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Very nice photos Poet, it looks like you had such a fun time there. And it looks breathtakingly beautiful, some areas look as areas of Montenegro and Serbia, the mountains and such. That's where I am from, similar place to the ones you have shown.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

Quote Originally Posted by Haldred View Post
    That's really nice, Poet. Now I have one question for you: Can you smuggle me into Pakistan? =D It's beautiful there. I particularly like Lake Saif-ul-Malook, I could spend months just relaxing there.
    hahaha Unfortunately I can't do this and unfortunately Saif ul malook has (temporarily) lost the beauty which you have just seen, because of changin weather conditions and because of ill manered Pakistani tourists. It was shocking to see empty mineral water bottles and rappers of chocolates and sweets and biscuits and what not floating on the waters of this wonderful lake. I now believe that if one wants to be thankful of God and wants to enjoy natural beauty they should face the hardship and they should get access to unseen beauties still waiting for admirers.

If you wish to travel in these areas let me inform you that Naran valley is mostly inhebited by Hazara people and they are much peaceful and friendly than their pashtoon fellows in Swat and rest of Pakhtoonkhwa. There is no safety related issue in Kaghan valley and tourists still come here. Best season starts from 20th July to 10th August.

Quote Originally Posted by The Noble Lord View Post
    Very nice photos Poet, it looks like you had such a fun time there. And it looks breathtakingly beautiful, some areas look as areas of Montenegro and Serbia, the mountains and such. That's where I am from, similar place to the ones you have shown.
    Yes I know southern europe has the same beautiful landscape. Especially ex-Yugoslavia.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 22, 2011 at 04:48 AM. Reason: continuity
    "I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion far from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Saviour of Humanity. I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today." 'The Genuine Islam,' Vol. 1, No. 8, 1936.Sir George Bernard Shaw

This place is beautiful, I could relax there for months...

Click here for the future Eurovision Songfestival winner
    The same brilliant person also made the BEST CHRISTMAS SONG EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus26 View Post
    I still love you Dutchies Tukker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahoma View Post
    Don't talk to my sister Paul!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
    But Nazis like ponies!

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Tukker Führer View Post
    This place is beautiful, I could relax there for months...
    Thanks for liking these photos.

Well, there we go! We got the whole NATO war situation fixed. Make peace with the Taliban, and have them instead protect the natural beauty of Pakistan and Afghanistan. One plastic bottle = shot in the foot, one soda can holder = they get to really have fun with you.
    Seriously they need to take stern steps to save the nature. When winter comes all the lake is covered with ice and the only way to lake is bloked by land sliding. When summer comes that ice starts melting and takes all the garbage with it to the depth of river kunhar, so first visiters may still watch the same beauty. Govt. just needs to make people liable of heavy fine for poluting the environment. This done and nature would start working again.

Well, there we go! We got the whole NATO war situation fixed. Make peace with the Taliban, and have them instead protect the natural beauty of Pakistan and Afghanistan. One plastic bottle = shot in the foot, one soda can holder = they get to really have fun with you.
    It would be great to visit Pakistan one day, it's got so much to offer and there is so much to see there!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!

It would be great to visit Pakistan one day, it's got so much to offer and there is so much to see there!
    You are most welcome, now it's certainly not a formality but when I first time saw Ex-Yugoslavia's landscape in a TV drama, I wished to go there. What makes Europe much beautiful is admirable contribution of Human beings to preserve the nature. Situation is totally opposite here.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

This thread was 10 posts longer when I got here. Further off topic (and other rule breaks) will be handled more vigorously.

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    You are most welcome, now it's certainly not a formality but when I first time saw Ex-Yugoslavia's landscape in a TV drama, I wished to go there. What makes Europe much beautiful is admirable contribution of Human beings to preserve the nature. Situation is totally opposite here.
    Thanks mate, I got some friends here with me. One is from Peshawar and another one from Lahore. They have invited me numerous times to come to Pakistan, since I never been it would be awesome thing to do!
    And it is similar to some parts of the former Yugoslavia, especially the Northern parts of Pakistan, and as you go towards Kashmir and west towards the Afghan border. The mountains and such, breathtakingly beautiful!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!

looks good

Thanks guys.

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Too cold. Almost froze to death there
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

So do you have any personally taken pictures to show?

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Yeah, there are parts of Northern Pakistan and Kashmir that I would love to see. Especially K2. Same with Iran.

I had a chance to see some of that general area from the Afghan side. Most times people are either naive or taken in by extenuating circumstances when they talk about the beauty of that part of the world. Being in a war zone, and the land of the "empire killers". That certainly plays a part when I talk about the beauty there, because in reality, I can find that in North America.

Although Nanga Parbat and fairy meadows might be the one place that might actually live up to its reputation. Ive known people who have climbed on almost every continent, and they say that fairy meadow easily the most beautiful place they have ever been.

http://exoticplaceresort.com/wp-cont...ws-Valley1.jpg
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|4|DarthLazy View Post
    Too cold. Almost froze to death there
    Not so cold in July-August, at least you would not die.

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    So do you have any personally taken pictures to show?
    No these are from internet.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnabyJones View Post
    Yeah, there are parts of Northern Pakistan and Kashmir that I would love to see. Especially K2. Same with Iran.

I had a chance to see some of that general area from the Afghan side. Most times people are either naive or taken in by extenuating circumstances when they talk about the beauty of that part of the world. Being in a war zone, and the land of the "empire killers". That certainly plays a part when I talk about the beauty there, because in reality, I can find that in North America.

Although Nanga Parbat and fairy meadows might be the one place that might actually live up to its reputation. Ive known people who have climbed on almost every continent, and they say that fairy meadow easily the most beautiful place they have ever been.

Thanks for this detailed reply. Yes I have heard that fairy meadows is breathtakingly awesome. I have never been these but I wish to go there. You shared two awesome photos + rep for that.

can you find treasure from the silk road?

Quote Originally Posted by BarnabyJones View Post

So you were in Afghanistan, how interesting. One more place that has attracted me for so long and that I would love to visit. Such very intriguing places, both historically and politically and then the natural and cultural beauties that they have, Afghanistan and Pakistan!
    There is so much to visit and see there and for the politics/history buff, they the perfect travel destination!! Definitely my plan to go there one day, not too far away.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!