Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions League Thread 2011

Erebus Pasha's Avatar vezir-i âzam

Default Re: Champions League Thread 2011

Trabzonspor fans must be kicking themselves. Only reinstated because of Fenerbahce's involvement in the match-fixing crisis in Turkey they have now gone and won at the San Siro.

@Nud - there's hope that lazio can be up there. Klose and Cisse both have a vast amount of experience to offer the blue half of Rome. Good start at Milan, in fact only coming away with a 2-2 was disappointing in the end after being 2-0 up.
    Last edited by Erebus Pasha; September 14, 2011 at 04:12 PM.

www.ottomanhistorypodcast.com/
    Under the patronage of the Noble Savage.

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus26 View Post
    Trabzonspor fans must be kicking themselves. Only reinstated because of Fenerbahce's involvement in the match-fixing crisis in Turkey they have now gone and won at the San Siro.
    You can't help but feel sorry about F.C. Internazionale Milano....sometimes....

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

King Nud's Avatar Praepositus

I don't. They benefited from Calciopoli so much, yet they probably organized the whole thing. Before this year and last they had i think 1 or not even any Italians in their squad and Mourinho really really really gets on my tits.
    Staff Writer at KingJamesGospel.com

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Quote Originally Posted by Azog 150 View Post
    But Erebus does make a good point- most fans are increasingly priced out of games in a way not seen in the rest of Europe, not even Scotland. I'd love to go down to Anfield and make a lot of racket, but that involves me paying a lot of money I don't have
    How expensive can they be?
    In the Weserstadion(Werder's stadium, for the less-informed), tickets range from €10 for the standing area behind the goal, to €50 maximum in big games(HSV, Bayern, Dortmund, Leverkusen etc) in the North and South stands(the main stands of course)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

City vs Napoli was by far the most entertaining match this evening. Napoli were very good, if they play like that at home I'm sure they can bag 3 points.

Prediction for the group :

1) Bayern
    2) Napoli
    3) City
    4) Villareal

Villareal are way too off-form, and Bayern are way too on-form. City are shaky, and Napoli are dangerous predators. I love this group
    Last edited by SonOfOdin; September 14, 2011 at 04:23 PM.
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    In the Weserstadion(Werder's stadium, for the less-informed), tickets range from €10 for the standing area behind the goal, to €50 maximum in big games(HSV, Bayern, Dortmund, Leverkusen etc) in the North and South stands(the main stands of course)

Ticket prices for Anfield have been averaging £55 a game as of late (Cheapest tickets are £45). In 1989 it would have cost you just £4 (About £7.50 in today's money)

You are also looking at a minimum of £750 for a season ticket (1989 it would have cost you £60)

And as a result, the average age of match attendance is now 44 (1989 it was 21)

AFC Liverpool are a fan owned club that were set up in 2008 in response. But obviously going to watch amateur football doesn't quite equal the experience of a EPL match
    Last edited by Azog 150; September 14, 2011 at 04:39 PM.
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

Since 1989, the average EPL ticket as risen over 700% in price. The rate of inflation (natural rise in price) over the same time is 77%.

Over 1000% as far as Liverpool as are concerned

But of course without your massive ticket prices and the like, you wouldn't be able to be a competitive club now would you?

I'm sure the Liverpool fans will just steal a few more telly's to fund their tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K_1 View Post
    They tried to protest in Glasgow and someone was raped at their camp. Moral of the story is children: do not camp overnight in Glasgow City Centre.
    Post of The Year 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Farmathar View Post
    knowing what is about to happen I whisper in her ear,
    “do you know what makes us different from other animals?, We follow our prey, a lion or a tiger gets bored and follows something else, we persist” -------------------------------------------------------------------
    yhea i once did that, to a girl in higschool, i pressured her until she agreed to go sailing in a 10 ft baue, but she almost drowned so i no longer try that

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    But of course without your massive ticket prices and the like, you wouldn't be able to be a competitive club now would you?
    Well thats the flip side. But even then Liverpool's prices are more expensive then anyone else's bar Tottenham and Arsenal. And even if you look at lower league sides the tickets are still fairly expensive. It used to cost me £13 to watch Forest Green Rovers play and they are a Conference side- even taking inflation into account that is still more expensive then it used to be to watch Top Flight football.

Still, much more affordable then the EPL.

I'm sure the Liverpool fans will just steal a few more telly's to fund their tickets.

Theres only so many telly's to go round you know

Quote Originally Posted by King Nud View Post
    I don't. They benefited from Calciopoli so much, yet they probably organized the whole thing. Before this year and last they had i think 1 or not even any Italians in their squad and Mourinho really really really gets on my tits.
    Well, I like Mourinho. I hate Barcelona. So between Inter and Barca I supported Inter at that time (Even though I support AS Roma and Milan AC from Italy). Indeed, Inter was benefited from Calciopoli, but organizing it seems a bit far fetched.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Lol i get home from Avril Lavigne and i see 0-1 for trabzonspor :p Gasperini is even worse than benitez

Inter won 5 straight Scudetto, the Italian Cup, gained so much money from sponsors and TV revenue and saw two major rivals, Milan and Juve, penalized in a way that set them both back so much that Milan only recovered fully last season and Juventus probably this.

I don't think it's far fetched at all: The phone company who uncovered it also owns Inter.

Inter won 5 straight Scudetto, the Italian Cup, gained so much money from sponsors and TV revenue and saw two major rivals, Milan and Juve, penalized in a way that set them both back so much that Milan only recovered fully last season and Juventus probably this.

I don't think it's far fetched at all: The phone company who uncovered it also owns Inter.
    Holy ...I didn't know that about the phone company.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

i've always thought that Inter was in Calciopoli. the club that hadnt won anything for years in a row wouldnt join in when the others clubs were doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Azog 150 View Post
    Ticket prices for Anfield have been averaging £55 a game as of late (Cheapest tickets are £45). In 1989 it would have cost you just £4 (About £7.50 in today's money)

You are also looking at a minimum of £750 for a season ticket (1989 it would have cost you £60)

And as a result, the average age of match attendance is now 44 (1989 it was 21)

AFC Liverpool are a fan owned club that were set up in 2008 in response. But obviously going to watch amateur football doesn't quite equal the experience of a EPL match
    Damn, that is expensive. Well, it's not like you're going to go watch a football match in the stadium every weekend nowadays unless you've got the money.

Luckily, in the Ta' Qali National Stadium(Malta's only decent one), the level of football is so that tickets only cost €5-10 for Premier League season matches, and €10-25 for International football matches

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinary Guardian View Post
    Holy ...I didn't know that about the phone company.
    Sorry, not owned, but the one of the top executives at Telecom Italia was/is also Inter vice-president. The company tapped phones at the request of customers, one of them was Moratti, the president of Inter. He wanted phone interceptions of big name players, referees and officials.

The plan was apparently to tap the phones of other teams and eventually have them found guilty, punished etc (as Juve, Milan, Fiorentina were) and thus paving the way for Inter success with no real challenge.

Thing is, even if this proves true, which is possible, Inter will not be punished in any way because the charges date to 2002, which is too long ago in Italian law to punish for.

But they've got their own issues to deal with right now, mostly that they just lost to Trabzonspor thanks to some frankly Sunday League defending.

Sorry, not owned, but the one of the top executives at Telecom Italia was/is also Inter vice-president. The company tapped phones at the request of customers, one of them was Moratti, the president of Inter. He wanted phone interceptions of big name players, referees and officials.

The plan was apparently to tap the phones of other teams and eventually have them found guilty, punished etc (as Juve, Milan, Fiorentina were) and thus paving the way for Inter success with no real challenge.

Thing is, even if this proves true, which is possible, Inter will not be punished in any way because the charges date to 2002, which is too long ago in Italian law to punish for.

But they've got their own issues to deal with right now, mostly that they just lost to Trabzonspor thanks to some frankly Sunday League defending.
    Even though, it's scandalous if it's true.
    Anyhow, back on topic, Inter, with all due respect, are losers in Champions League. If it wasn't for Mourinho they would struggle to qualify for the next phase after the groups.

classical_hero's Avatar Senator

Don't forget that German sides are subsidised by the government, so that means they can keep prices lower, otherwise they would be much higher than they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by classical_hero View Post
    Don't forget that German sides are subsidised by the government, so that means they can keep prices lower, otherwise they would be much higher than they are now.
    That, and because the supporter is always the #1 priority.

1) 51% of the club, is owned by members of the club.
    2) Standing areas provide constant supporters coming in for cheap prices. Dortmund's Westfalenstadion has a 20,000 standing area for example.
    3) Season tickets are limited, so everyone has a chance to watch his favourite team live.

Also, I think BL tickets look cheap because EPL(and other league's) tickets are damn expensive!

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinary Guardian View Post
    Benfica played a good game today. I expected they would be trounced by Utd, but no, they scored first and they could have won (yes I am looking at you, Nolito).
    Better luck next time…
    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Wait to see the crowd at the PAOK Salonika-Tottenham tomorrow; It'll be a total shock to the Englishmen
    They-ll just adscribe it to 'these quaint foreigner ways, come and have a spot of tea' and disregard their own inferiority.
    Quote Originally Posted by classical_hero View Post
    That, and because the supporter is always the #1 priority.

1) 51% of the club, is owned by members of the club.
    2) Standing areas provide constant supporters coming in for cheap prices. Dortmund's Westfalenstadion has a 20,000 standing area for example.
    3) Season tickets are limited, so everyone has a chance to watch his favourite team live.

Also, I think BL tickets look cheap because EPL(and other league's) tickets are damn expensive!
    20k standing area? Been to places with double that standing area. But it's a good start, I've been to stadia where the total capacity was smaller than that.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.