Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Kahvi's mercenaries (New Sorceresses at post 907 -24.5.2016 )

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Kahvi's mercenaries (Beta-release, Valkia The bloody preview 22.8)

Wow!

Default Re: Kahvi's mercenaries (Beta-release, Valkia The bloody preview 18.8)

Kahvipannu,
    what about animation for Valkia? With her non-standard skeleton could be troubles.

Model is top notch.
    CoW (Rage of the Dark Gods)team
    From Russia with love.

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

You mean about her wings Timorfeys??

Turambar and death, yeah wings and legs.
    CoW (Rage of the Dark Gods)team
    From Russia with love.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

I was going to experiment with bone assignment, to get some movement in wings. Currently both wings are bound to pelvis and "roots" of them in torso, they don't animate but move alongside body movement without stretching. Legs look great in motion currently (witch elf anims, and I believe they work with all skeletons).

Custom animations would be best option, but to be honest I have not spend single minute to study what it takes to make them.. Just figured out model making. What I understood they are painfull and long to do, but I could give it a try at some point. But it is clear witch-elf anims won't stay, since the unit needs to be bigger, I was thinking chaos-lord size, haven't tested them yet tought. I'll try to make it work as good as possible

Lol, love your avatar T&D "Steam off!"
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; August 23, 2011 at 09:09 AM.

Default Re: Kahvi's mercenaries (Beta-release, Valkia The bloody preview 26.8)

Finished Valkia model/textures today, missing still normal-map (3d-effect in skin), coding and 2d art still to do too. Added Chaos-undivided skin for her too, black. I will add black skin for all Chaos-undivided chaoswarriors, and Valkia's bodyguard too in the next version.

Here's the preview:
    ART/Figure

Valkia The Bloody Khorne

Valkia the Bloody Chaos-undivided

Black Chaos-warriors

Last edited by Kahvipannu; August 26, 2011 at 08:39 AM.

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Feel power of rep buddy!!!!!

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

perfect work!

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

Sweeeeeeeeet!

Thanks guys, I'll try to finish Valkia during next week, so you can try it.

@Isilendil

That's perfect, could you attach the file here, so I can add it to OP.
    +1 Thank you.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; August 28, 2011 at 04:35 AM.

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

Another beautiful unit +rep

Brilliant work mate +1

sure, i ask crisord for upload

Thanks Isilendil, appreciate it

I haven't been able to use my own computer this week (sudden trip), next time earliest next saturday, so I can't update anything for couple of days.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; September 01, 2011 at 10:41 AM.

Kahvipannu,

Great work mate! When you are ready to post the submod, can you please add all your additions at the bottom of all the files your edit, such as the EDU, export_descr_buildings, etc. with in a *****Kahvipannu's additions ***** section. I would love to incorporate your submod with Reiksfart's units.

Thanks!

Ofcourse. That's great news if you could do that

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

I would be glad if you could pls do that. I would like to use it with Reiksfart submod as well. I think Reiksfart textures are great.

DarkReborn's Avatar Libertus

If you want some ideas for mercenaries, I've got one: Vespero's Vendetta.
    They're basically masked italian (well, the warhammer fantasy counterpart of italians) assassins, which are very popular these days.
    I don't remember exactly their story (it was in the old dogs of war book, which I do not longer have), but it was something along this: Vespero was the greatest duelist in his country and a troublemaker, he then got contracted by Borgio the besieger after getting kicked out of his country, when the latter was killed, he went into hiding and vowed to revenge him, training the assasins and all that. I coulnd't find a veritable source, other than my memory, for this, so you'll have to trust me

Here's some info about their stats in WHFB:
    http://www.freewebs.com/tups_av/Dogs%20Of%20War.pdf

and some artwork/miniature images:

Of course, the name, the masks, the knives, ALL is an obvious reference to the comic (and the film) V for Vendetta. So I guess you can have some artistic liberties with Vespero himself and have him modeled after V, Guy Fawkes mask and all, and the rest have random ornated porcelain masks.

I also remember something about a Nippon "Ronin" mercenary regiment, but I think those were fan-made. Too sad, it is a cool idea.
    EDIT: Here they're, if you're interested: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79680
    Last edited by DarkReborn; September 02, 2011 at 05:44 AM.