Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Call of Warhammer Revamp; new map, models, units and more (Released for 1.4.4)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Call of Warhammer Revamp; new map, models, units and more (Released for 1.4.4)

It's not really my mod, I am just trying to give a hand here.

I think I need to download this sub mod myself and then make a proper installer for it, it's not user friendly enough the way it is.

I just read through the installation instructions. My guess: if you had the separate EDB & EDU set installed and then afterward changed the vanilla EDU to be the valid one, that's when you get this FUBAR.

Never a good idea to have this kind of possibility: the vanilla EDU obviously also needs a vanilla EDB.
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 20, 2011 at 07:41 AM.

taXen's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Call of Warhammer Revamp; new map, models, units and more (Released for 1.4.4)

Ah ok I did mistake you for making the submod cause you made the painfree installation for CoW which was very painfree indeed.

It's not that it isnt userfriendly enough, I understand how to install the mod but somewhere it all totally screws up whatever I do. I've tried using only the edited EDB & EDU and I can start the game but not load or start a campaign. There is already a EDB in the data folder when you copy over the mod and If I only copy the vanlilla EDU I can't even start the game since it crashes on the loadingscreen.

1. Installing CoW, update it with the patches. Works perfectly.
    2. Installing submod without copying the EDB from the Datafolder nor copying the EDU the game works. I can start new campaign but not load any older game and I'm sure I read somewhere that you can.
    3. Copying any of the EDU or EDB coming with this submod screws it up in any way whatever or however I do.
    Last edited by taXen; September 20, 2011 at 08:29 AM.

Blog Entries

I just checked the download of this mod:

• The EDB provided in the main download has the unit "Nurgle Prince" in the recruit lines, which will crash as the corresponding EDU is still 'vanilla'
    • The attachment "EDU (vanilla)" obviously hasn't got that unit either.
    • The EDU from the atatchment "EDU & EDB" hasn't got that unit either, but this EDB hasn't got the "Nurgle Prince" unit to start with.

Summary of the mess: the only combination that can work is an installation of the big download first and then adding the EDU & EDB combo (haven't tested that, but it can be assumed it is the case).

Edit: the "EDU (vanilla)" will probably work as well, but only after installing "EDU & EDB"
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 20, 2011 at 09:04 AM.

lol im confused, here is my personal way of installing it which worked with Gigantus's installation:

1) download the sumod
    2) extract everything onto the main CoW folder; this causes both data folder to merge
    3) i replace all conflicting files with the new ones
    4) take my edited EDU & EDB and put it inside the data folder so i replace the old ones.

done, i start the game with no problem...

if you check inside the zip folder of the submod you will see an EDB in there, its been so long maybe i messed up that EDB, but my edited EDB should still work with the vanilla EDU
    anyways if you are having problems with my edited version, which others and I have confirmed to work, then you must clearly be doing something wrong.

Blog Entries

The problem here started when using only the big download or the EDU (vanilla). You have to add the "EDU & EDB" - else nothing works. A simple change in the installation instruction should solve this.

• First install the big download.
    • Second install the EDU & EDB attachment.
    • Optional: install the EDU (vanilla) for [state reason here] AFTER step one and step two.

PS: was there any particular reason why there is a second set of text, ui and unit_models folders inside the terrain sub folder?
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 20, 2011 at 09:15 AM.

taXen's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    lol im confused, here is my personal way of installing it which worked with Gigantus's installation:

1) download the sumod
    2) extract everything onto the main CoW folder; this causes both data folder to merge
    3) i replace all conflicting files with the new ones
    4) take my edited EDU & EDB and put it inside the data folder so i replace the old ones.

done, i start the game with no problem...

if you check inside the zip folder of the submod you will see an EDB in there, its been so long maybe i messed up that EDB, but my edited EDB should still work with the vanilla EDU
    anyways if you are having problems with my edited version, which others and I have confirmed to work, then you must clearly be doing something wrong.
    Thats exactly what ive done also and tried different combination with the EDU and EDB also. I have even tried downloading it all again but the same thing happens again. I extract it all int the CoW folder replacing everything and replacing with either the edited EDU and EBD or with the vanilla EDU. I cant see anything that ive done wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The problem here started when using only the big download or the EDU (vanilla). You have to add the "EDU & EDB" - else nothing works. A simple change in the installation instruction should solve this.

• First install the big download.
    • Second install the EDU & EDB attachment.
    • Optional: install the EDU (vanilla) for [state reason here] AFTER step one and step two.

PS: was there any particular reason why there is a second set of text, ui and unit_models folders inside the terrain sub folder?
    I saw that now too that there is a set of text, ui and unit_models in the terrain folder but they are different from the other text, ui and unit_models.

Blog Entries

@ Taxen

by now you might have a problem with the Virtual store. I would suggest to follow this tutorial from step 3 onward and then repeat the install of this submod.

taXen's Avatar Laetus

I am using win XP 32bit and the steam version of the game. Im not sure if Virtualstore is in XP since I cant follow the tutorial neither find anything min PC about it.

Blog Entries

XP doesn't have a virtual store, you are right. Have you set up the main mod according to this? (Guess you did as you say the main mod works fine)

Basically I would suggest to first apply the big part of this submod and then to add the EDU & EDB attachment, that should get you going.

Hey,
    Everytime I try to play the campaign I get to the faction selection screen, then When I push start it brings me back to the main menu. the original mod worked once then I downloaded you Sub-mod and it started to do this. Now I deleted them all and I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out why it's doing this? I'm currently trying to get gigantus's easy install to work, but everytime I try his Norton like deletes the .exe's. I also for the life of me cannot find my Log.
    Last edited by orionox; September 20, 2011 at 10:02 PM.

Blog Entries

Check post #185

Thank you,
    I did what the post said but it still dose the campaign not starting thing. could it have to do with the original mod not playing campaign either? if so how can I fix it if you'd be so nice as to let me know.

omg...il look at files this friday and see what the hell is wrong with them

Thank you so much!

i tried out both EDU with the same EDB and no crash what so ever. I have repacked the files so its more user friendly but again i repeat that using both EDUs i experience no crash and i have the Gigantus's latest version installed. here is my log compare it with your own.

I get a CTD on start up when using the ReallyBadAI mod.Otherwise works without it.Nice mod Toho,thanks.

Sigmar be praised!
    i have the other chaps got their problems be fixed too.

okay I think it's just me but just in case tell me if I'm doing something wrong. K
    I start with gigantus mod
    then I copy everything in the all in one file and paste it into the main warhammer file
    I merge the data file and copy and replace everything when prompted
    I then take the edited EDU and EDB and paste that into the Warhammer data file copy and replacing
    I then start up the mod and when I try to start a campaign it brings me back to the main menu.
    I can on the other hand continue an old campaign, But I dont know if the submod is applied to these old campaigns

the game crashes though when I try to fight a match

if it helps my game is a rip off of my friends
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 27, 2011 at 12:45 AM. Reason: merged multiple posting

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by orionox View Post
    if it helps my game is a rip off of my friends
    It certainly doesn't help - we don't support pirated versions of the game.

is it pirated if I got it from a friend he did buy it