Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of Warhammer Revamp; new map, models, units and more (Released for 1.4.4)

Default Re: Call of Warhammer Revamp; new map, models, units and more (Released for 1.4.4)

I'm fairly sure I'm doing this right. I extracted the contents of the main zip into my data folder, extracted the 1.5 stuff on top of that, replaced the descr_buildings in 1.6 then the descr_units. It is a clean install of 1.4.4 English translation with Music. I got it all in one straight out. How do I upload my error log?

Default Re: Call of Warhammer Revamp; new map, models, units and more (Released for 1.4.4)

Quote Originally Posted by Kvaccian View Post
    I'm fairly sure I'm doing this right. I extracted the contents of the main zip into my data folder, extracted the 1.5 stuff on top of that, replaced the descr_buildings in 1.6 then the descr_units. It is a clean install of 1.4.4 English translation with Music. I got it all in one straight out. How do I upload my error log?
    Find the go advanced button beside the submit reply button. Somewhere below the text window is a button "manage attachments" which allows you to upload files.
    I salute those who took the Hungarian Phrasebook simply because of the quote!

Sorry- I meant to say how do I find or create an error log? I don't suppose it auto-generates?

it does it will be in your main medieval folder called logs

I've tried uploading the file in there, called warhammer_system.log and tried attaching it but it doesn't seem to work. Might have something to do with the fact that it's 142MB in size.

What now?

you must put it in a zip file and then attach it.

jnecros's Avatar Miles

Nicely done Toho! These are welcome changes, and they were a breeze to install. Thanks

Toho,

It's so great that you are adding so much to the mod. Great work.

I looked over your EDU, here are some observations. Ignore anything that appears as a criticism. It's not meant like that at all. I love the changes you made, but the EDU appeared incomplete because some factions appeared not to have been tweaked yet.

1. Changes look good - you have made cavalry deadly, as they should be. However, if they are truly elite, they should be rare. In my revision of your EDU, I made them all take longer to recruit, or I increased costs or upkeep, or some combination of the three. My idea of elite unit is: pretty rare, low in size (in comparison to other units), costly, deadly, and resilient.
    2. Some factions tweaked, others not. Loved what you did with Empire, elves, and Vampires. Kislev, Chaos, foot mercenaries, and even Orks appear underpowered because they did not appear to be tweaked as much. Building on what you did, I created my own tweaked EDU, using it to update all these other factions. Now their elite can now hang with your changes.
    3. Your tweaks for Empire artillery appears to make them quite overpowered, compared to the artillery of all other factions. I think empire artillery, with exception of Nuln, is about quantity over quality (opposite for dwarfs and elves). Also, there should be some balance between power versus distance. Artillery that has both too strong (unless offset by long recruit / high cost). With your tweaks, some of the cannons are now more powerful that the mages, which so never be the case. I think you might want to revisit this.
    4. I combined Reiksfart's units to your submod. Since I like LD's stats for Dwarfs, I used those instead of what you had. A dwarf elite (e.g., elder) should be able to hang 1v1 with any knight unit. That wasn't the case with how you had it. LD vision of dwarfs are: they are few in number (take long to recruit), extremely tough (high armor), resilient (high hp), and have deadly but limited artillery (costly and long to recruit). Then add to this, Reiksfarts slayers. I also combined what I liked of LD and your stats for Orks. My impression is that even's LD's version of Orks would now be chewed by your tweaked Empire units.

I will let you know how this plays. Starting another campaign with this. Thanks for the work you put into it.

Wow. Only 1.8MBs? That is crazy compression. Here you go.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kvaccian View Post
    Wow. Only 1.8MBs? That is crazy compression. Here you go.
    It's the reason why we asked for compressed logs

The game goes into a tail spin about here (line 1190187):
    01:04:52.548 [bink] [trace] [mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/fmv/menu/DUMP0000.BIK]Catch up (1)

And eventually crashes about here (line 1197098):
    01:04:56.110 [bink] [debug] [mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/fmv/menu/DUMP0000.BIK]Pause on

There is nothing before the tailspin that indicates what caused this error. Please try to describe in detail your action just before the crash.

Firstly, thanks a bunch for your analysis. I don't know the first thing about this stuff.

All I did was add the two export_descr files to the Data folder and then it shuts down a few seconds after entering the first loading screen of the mod. That's literally the only difference- I've surely isolated it to those files, the only thing I do to make it crash is add those export_descr files.

Blog Entries

I haven't used those files myself, so I won't be able to help you further.

If you still have your original files then upload them together with the new files and I can have a look what the difference is and if it could cause the crash.

Here you go.

Thanks Boatie and yes like i said before the EDU is still a work in progress and i have some other plans as well for it for example im going to be changing the High elf general units from phoenix guard to sword masters and right now in the current version the phoenix guard has 18 attack, 26 defense and 2 health but there is only 30 men in that unit, im changing that from 30 to 100 like a goblin unit but instead im making the recruitment/replenishment of this unit extremely tricky and bothersome; hows 5 turns to recruit, 50 turns to replenish, 5k price tag and k upkeep. what im trying to do now is to give special units to each faction, very much like Barbarian Invasion in rome where you will only have a few of these X units which made you be super careful around them.
    im making this change because of lore and gameplay reasons, the phoenix guard are many but rare on the battle field, i wanted to make them like a special company, one solid unit not just 30 here, 40 there.
    also one of my biggest problems is dwarves i have to make sure their defense is not too high so they would not decimate everyone in their auto-resolves. balancing both game play and AI with the EDU is kind of tricky...
    also i still have to work on chaos, Kislev, Border prince and kind of redo everything in the EDU to rebalanced stuff, anyways its a work in progress but i'll try to post updates as regurarly as i can, i want to completely freshen the gameplay.
    Last edited by Toho; August 24, 2011 at 07:29 AM.

Ekaddon's Avatar Tiro

So what do i need to only have the new map with added settlements? I tried to find out what files myself but to no luck.

THIS^

just copy the map and text folder in data and that should do it i believe.

Blog Entries

@Kvaccian
    Nothing to be seen: the EDB has Toho's dismounted units added, one instance of replenish time has been corrected and the cold flame order building tree has been disabled.
    The EDU has units tweaked and the addition of Toho's units - bringing the total to 371 units, way below the 500 limit.
    Errors between the EDU and EDB (spelling of unit names, incorrect ownership) would be documented in the log
    Errors between EDU and modelDB would also be documented in the log (missing unit entry)
    Makes me feel that the error is not in these files.

Ekaddon's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    just copy the map and text folder in data and that should do it i believe.
    Ok I put these files in my CoW folder, but now the game no longer runs. No crash or anything, just drops out before load screen. I have a clean (1h ago) install of Gigantus CoW.

THIS^

what does the log say? im pretty sure thats all you need though...

Blog Entries

- You will end up with empty villages belonging to the slave faction in the new regions because of the missing descr_strat entries.
    - The only files from the data\text folder that you need are the two imperial_campaign.... files - copying all the others is probably the reason for the crash.