Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Call of Warhammer Revamp; new map, models, units and more (Released for 1.4.4)

Default Re: Call of Warhammer Revamp; new map, models, units and more (Released for 1.4.4)

May I add suggestions for where this mod may go in the future? Specifically regarding the Border Princes.

As a faction they seem awfully underdeveloped and underpowered. Maybe this is canon, I don't know, but compared to a lot of other factions they don't have nearly as much of a powerful, well-rounded military. I envisage them as a loose confederation of independent entities that need to pool their resources and military strength to survive. Because of this I think they should have unique mercenaries as their special units, and access to diverse artillery. What do you think?

Default Re: Call of Warhammer Revamp; new map, models, units and more (Released for 1.4.4)

Finally installed your mod then the 2 fix, then your edited EDU and EDB files, but when I click to start a campaign it brings me back to the Menu =.=

@Gigantus, i can try geomod again if i ever get another mapping project inspiration, if everything runs smoothly i should have easier time mapping.

@Kvaccian, well unit making is beyond my capability and making the dismounted units was suppose to be a relatively easy project but it turned out to be one giant headache lol, Khavi and TAD are master unit makers, perhaps they can make unique new mercenaries for Border Princes.

@Babygod, is this a clean 1.4.4 installation? did you install everything into the data folder? i did a clean reinstall of my own game and installed the mod and had no problems.

Yes it is a clean installation, with the exeption of a few graphic mods such as crimson tides, better skies and better water...and I installed everything in the data folder.

The dismounted knights did shows up on the custom map, the problem is the campaign.
    Last edited by Babygod22; August 27, 2011 at 01:59 PM.

can you please upload your log(its in the logs folder in the main folder)? i promise to fix it by tonight, going somewhere now but when i get back il see what i can do.

edit:
    *rolls sleeves up* here i hope this works; http://www.mediafire.com/?16x7k3nsqldi8za
    but this in your data folder and replace everything.
    Last edited by Toho; August 27, 2011 at 07:59 PM.

ninja51's Avatar Biarchus

Very very impressive work Toho, my hat it off good sir.

In fact, it's so good it should be included in the base game itself, the new city textures are incredible and quite a sizeable improvement over the vanilla buildings that still exist. The dismounted knights are very cool, its somewhat strange that only mounted versions were included for every knight except the Reiksguard. Once those stirups are fixed up there is quite frankly not a single reason to not include this in the next version of the mod, it adds and improves things at the quality of the devs themselves.

petertel123's Avatar Miles

I have the same problem as babygod and I only use the english voice submod, I have already tried deleting the map.rwm files and strings.bin files in the text folder (as advised in the 1.4.4 important info thread)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Same error: 12:17:25.072 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 7408, column 12
    could not create settlement at script line 7408.

yea i think i figured it out too, download this: http://www.mediafire.com/?16x7k3nsqldi8za
    it should fix it.
    edit: i really dont understand, if the fix that i just provided is indeed the fix/problem that was missing originally how i have no idea i was able to play like others. when i installed it(submod) on a fresh installation (gigantus). i played with my own submod 2 nights ago for like 3 hours, turn off the game and then come back tomorrow afternoon and then bam i get this error. well i figured it out and fixed it for myself but i have no clue if it will work on you guys too, a confirmation would be appreciated. if it is confirmed that it is working then that means CoW was trolling me...
    oh by the way this submod is compatible with the English Voice mod, just dont touch any EDU/EDB in their installation.
    Last edited by Toho; August 28, 2011 at 11:20 AM.

do you think this mod can run together with kahvis mercenaries or are they incompatible?
    Last edited by wassabi; August 28, 2011 at 11:54 AM.

no unless you dont want the knights or my EDU, if you want both you need to make them compatible by personally.

it still didn't work for me
    ok so lets see if I did it right
    1.I reinstalled CoW and installed no other submods (I also deleted all the files that needed to be deleted and always run the game as administrator)
    2.I downloaded your mod (regular mod, fix 1.5, fix 1.6, fix 2.0, vanilla EDU)
    3.installed all the parts in the same order as above
    and still I can't start a campaign

can you upload your world folder? i want to look at it.
    fix 2.0 fixed my problem (which was exactly like yours) so im going to figure out what the problem is...

here you go

solved it, so so so stupid, i must have copied and uploaded the wrong(old) world folder instead of the new one, haha uploading the good one but if i messed up again i should officially change my name to retard.
    edit: here
    http://www.mediafire.com/?4k9p1ubllcbylds
    can you please confirm if it work now?

works like a charm, thx man

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Weird... I start the game, and it gets to the loading screen then crashes. There is nothing untoward in the log anyone else had this problem/got advice to fix?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

but..but...but...

Quote Originally Posted by petertel123 View Post
    it still didn't work for me
    ok so lets see if I did it right
    1.I reinstalled CoW and installed no other submods (I also deleted all the files that needed to be deleted and always run the game as administrator)
    2.I downloaded your mod (regular mod, fix 1.5, fix 1.6, fix 2.0, vanilla EDU)
    3.installed all the parts in the same order as above
    and still I can't start a campaign

Quote Originally Posted by petertel123 View Post
    works like a charm, thx man

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    Weird... I start the game, and it gets to the loading screen then crashes. There is nothing untoward in the log anyone else had this problem/got advice to fix?

please explain in more detail, if the game starts but when you attempt to start a campaign but you are sent back to the menu then fix 2.0 should fix this, if you are continuing a previous save then this is normal but if its when you start a game and crash then its the BMDB, is this a clean installation? or are you installing my submod on another?

Libertus

I installed this mod exactly as instructed, on a clean installation. Every time I try and start a Storm of Chaos campaign, I choose my faction, options, and then hit start campaign, and I get an Unspecified Error. Whats up?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Just to be sure, provide your log - compress and attach here.